I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got two Christmas shirts at the outlets back in January. I can't wait to wear them! This is one:

View attachment 416494

OMG - adorable!!! l love it!

That's so weird. Everything I've seen says to call AA to book. I'm trying again now.

ETA: Got the message that I could have them call me back in an hour to an hour and a half, which is past my bed time. DH said he can have an answer to me if the dates are good first thing in the morning, so I think I'll just call then and hopefully be able to book. Our dates are flexible to an extent so it's not the end of the world if I don't get these flights, but I'd like to go ahead and get it done.

I hope it works for you. I tried to book BA before AA flights were open and the person at AA wouldn't let me.

I need an intervention. I placed a premium magic band order when Ariel and black panther ones were available since that’s what the kids wanted. DH and I just settled for solids. Then I realized that since we had to add a day to our stay we technically have 2 reservations and therefore 2 magic band orders so I got 3 more :oops:
Yes you do lol. I read about a browser extension once where you could tell it to always turn word "X" into word "Y". Maybe you need to turn "Magic Band" into "DON'T. EVEN." :rotfl2:

Not entirely sure, but I met the spend in one swoop paying my taxes at the end of March. For some reason it didn’t trigger the award of miles and each time I called there was some debate as to whether the payment of taxes qualified. On each call, after conferring with a supervisor, they said it did qualify and to expect my miles at the next statement. This went on for 3 months.....so I was happy to see those miles today.
Weird. I paid taxes and a part of Disney cruise with my Chase preferred Saphire to Make MSR. Amex is a little scary. I hope I don't have a problem getting my bonus's on all my Amex MSR's I'm working on. I've done nothing but normal day to spend on them.

@CyndiLouWho - what she said. Unless you are trying to build a ton of Hilton points for something else, spend them before your ultimate rewards.
I do have other uses for HH points and I don’t have a ton of them. Sadly, when I cancelled last night they didn’t go back in my account and are still missing. I’m going to wait until tomorrow then have to call or something.
hmmmm interesting. IDK but I used to just fold in quarters and stack...made a mess when pulling them out (my family) now they're in small thirds (sort of) and lined up side by side which gives me a ton more room in my tiny towel/bathroom closet. And all the other clothes in the house.... I can't get over how neat and organized the drawers are now
I guess I never just folded in quarters. My mom always folded in quarters then thirds so I do that, which is pretty close to Kondo. I didn’t look at anything besides towel folding...
UPS - interesting! Left Greensboro, sent back to Greensboro and is in Maryland this morning. Not sure why they sent it to Jackson, MS?? Maybe because I chose free shipping and will wait and won't sign up for Prime? Prime would have gotten it to me on Monday. Thursday is okay with me - for free.

Wednesday, July 10
10:45 PM
Package has left the carrier facility Greensboro, NC US
7:56 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility Greensboro, NC US
4:50 AM
Package has left the carrier facility Jackson, MS US
Tuesday, July 9
11:17 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility Jackson, MS US
Monday, July 8
1:44 PM
Package arrived at a carrier facility Greensboro, NC US
Saturday, July 6 -shipped
I get similar stuff all the time. Package from Tennessee goes thru Indiana, past Chicago (I’m west of the city) into Wisconsin then back to south suburbs then to west burbs. There is a huge UPS sorting facility in Wisconsin but there’s a big one south suburbs of Chicago too so I never understand why it passes the south burbs then comes back.
My closets and drawers are neatly organized and color coordinated too. I did decide that my dresses needed to be reorganized so I have casual, work and dress within that category sleeveless, short-sleeves, long-sleeves and then those are color organized. It makes it so easy now to not hunt for a work dress to wear at 4 am. (I know people like to pick their clothes out for the week or the night before but when I tried that I was always changing my mind in the morning so I was actually losing time.) And all of my cardigans are separated from my sweaters since I typically grab one to go over my dress or shirt since I am always cold. Very easy to know now that I have about 80 cardigans...
I don’t have 80 of anything, let alone clothing. I have maybe 7 pairs of work pants, 4 pair of capris for weekends, 4 pair yoga type pants, assorted shirts.
DD3 and I leave for Disney tomorrow and I haven't packed a single thing. Oops. Guess thats my plan for this evening. Good thing is our flight isn't until 5:30pm.
We have a weekend trip to Springfield IL planned because DS wants to see Lincoln’s home & tomb, and New Salem Village. We leave tomorrow as soon as I get home from work. I haven’t started packing since I was cooking a bunch of meals for a sick friend. And here I sit, too exhausted to go pack, or even care about it. Lol.

Weird. I paid taxes and a part of Disney cruise with my Chase preferred Saphire to Make MSR. Amex is a little scary. I hope I don't have a problem getting my bonus's on all my Amex MSR's I'm working on. I've done nothing but normal day to spend on them.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Amex is usually very good...and fast...with paying bonuses, but every once in a while there is a glitch and then it seems like everything goes into a black hole.

I'm sure you'll be fine. Amex is usually very good...and fast...with paying bonuses, but every once in a while there is a glitch and then it seems like everything goes into a black hole.
My bonus on the Gold is in pending for July. I made spend about 5 days after my first statement closed Some people report getting it right away and some people go into pending. Another poster told me it was because it was my first MR card, but I've read contradicting reports on that. I don't need the points right now so I'll just wait it out. If it posts like spend points it should post around Aug 30. If it doesn't post by then I'll be calling Amex to complain.

Got DH's CIP2 today. As I was changing the cell phone and cable bills over to it, I realized this is the 5th time since January that I have changed the payment card on those accounts!

We are planning to be in Orlando President's Day week but had no firm plans so no reservations yet. Probably offsite, but with the new Star Wars news I booked a FW campsite for 2 nights to get FP and early entry access (and free parking). I was surprised how much availability there was, I thought Feb would be a busy time for campers.

Got another Sheraton Vistana offer today for 4 nights for $199 plus 15,000 Bonvoy points if we sit through a presentation. I wonder if they have availability Presidents Day, that might work.

I bought that deal a couple months ago! I am planning to use it about the same time. They don't have any blackout dates for that offer, but there are what they call "red dates" where they charge an extra $25/night around some holidays, so you may have that to contend with. Someone from the resort called me a couple weeks ago though and said she might be able to get some of those fees waived for me if I talked to her when I made my actual booking. She acted like it was a "call me soon and maybe I can do it thing" but I'm sure they can probably do it any time as long as they have the availability. I'm waiting for Jetblue flights to come out through February and then hopefully booking.

The Mac and cheese is so good though. You need to get that lol and the mashed potatoes. I think the sides are better than the chicken
I know Dh and I both want the chicken and donuts so maybe we'll share that and get some sides to go with it. I'm gonna need to workout real hard after eating there lol

Got DH's CIP2 today. As I was changing the cell phone and cable bills over to it, I realized this is the 5th time since January that I have changed the payment card on those accounts!

We are planning to be in Orlando President's Day week but had no firm plans so no reservations yet. Probably offsite, but with the new Star Wars news I booked a FW campsite for 2 nights to get FP and early entry access (and free parking). I was surprised how much availability there was, I thought Feb would be a busy time for campers.

Got another Sheraton Vistana offer today for 4 nights for $199 plus 15,000 Bonvoy points if we sit through a presentation. I wonder if they have availability Presidents Day, that might work.
I'm excited that we can now try camping at wdw

I bought that deal a couple months ago! I am planning to use it about the same time. They don't have any blackout dates for that offer, but there are what they call "red dates" where they charge an extra $25/night around some holidays, so you may have that to contend with. Someone from the resort called me a couple weeks ago though and said she might be able to get some of those fees waived for me if I talked to her when I made my actual booking. She acted like it was a "call me soon and maybe I can do it thing" but I'm sure they can probably do it any time as long as they have the availability. I'm waiting for Jetblue flights to come out through February and then hopefully booking.

Thanks for the info. We did the sales thing at the other Sheraton Vistana Resort 2 years ago. It wasn't one of their deals, I had booked it through Orbitz for 2 nights on short notice and they gave us a generous GC to sit through it. We'll be in various parts of Florida for 3 weeks in Feb so I need to get my dates settled.

I'm excited that we can now try camping at wdw
We stayed there with our pop-up in 2002 and 2003. Our kids were great ages for it then (7, 10, and 12) and it was a lot of fun. This time I won't actually be staying there but I need to find out if I need to pitch a tent or something to prove I am there.

I do have other uses for HH points and I don’t have a ton of them. Sadly, when I cancelled last night they didn’t go back in my account and are still missing. I’m going to wait until tomorrow then have to call or something.
I feel like mine took two days back in January...

Thanks for the info. We did the sales thing at the other Sheraton Vistana Resort 2 years ago. It wasn't one of their deals, I had booked it through Orbitz for 2 nights on short notice and they gave us a generous GC to sit through it. We'll be in various parts of Florida for 3 weeks in Feb so I need to get my dates settled.

We stayed there with our pop-up in 2002 and 2003. Our kids were great ages for it then (7, 10, and 12) and it was a lot of fun. This time I won't actually be staying there but I need to find out if I need to pitch a tent or something to prove I am there.
All we have is a tent so we’ll have to wait until it’s not as hot out

Well that was a short roller coaster. Hopefully it's just ID verification since you got the 2 weeks first. 🤞

What kind? They know who I am. Are they going to want proof of my rental? Could it be available credit? Not sure how much this card needs.

ETA or I haven't gotten an alert that they pulled credit, would it be because they want the one I left frozen? I'm aware I could call just not sure if I want to without having an idea of what I'm getting into real biz or not.

Last edited:
Hmmm its "in stock"

Do I order my AP band? LOL

View attachment 416557

I am just torn because my next trip isn't until October (unless an AP preview for SWGE comes through and works schedule wise) and since I am paying a WHOLE $10 I want the longest battery life out of the thing 😂
I ordered this one for my ds8 and it's super cute! We also love the bands that have unique colors, and the black band is fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!