I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've always talked about this but I figured it was worth pointing out. I understand that for some people this isn't possible though.
like me! lonely P1 here.
im still waiting to see if they will claw mine back. mine is 30k right now, so ill report back when it does.
meanwhile, i somehow got some kind of Accelerated bonus. im not sure what this is about but i asked and was told because i paid my balance off early? it was a lovely 8k more MRs this month.

It’s a pretty simple workaround (only posting this here and not churning). Just exchange referrals with another single player. This can easily be done in a thread on the Dis reddit board.

All the basic intelligence stuff should apply, of course. I.e. Make sure to only deal with a well known member, etc.

It’s a pretty simple workaround (only posting this here and not churning). Just exchange referrals with another single player. This can easily be done in a thread on the Dis reddit board.

All the basic intelligence stuff should apply, of course. I.e. Make sure to only deal with a well known member, etc.

i think 95% of dischurners here are all in P2-P3 mode... lol.
I have since stopped applying though.

So far it seems like ppl who have abused the system are the ones getting clawedback. but im sure we will know for sure in the coming months.

I had an accidental self refer on my DHs account when I was applying for the Hilton Biz. The points are still there, so I will keep an eye out. I also got extra points "acceleration".
I just looked at DHs points activity and he got in May and June. Looks like once each month for each of his 2 MR earning cards...View attachment 416495

Points Accelerated is a relatively new thing Amex started doing.

Usually, with Amex, when your monthly statement closes, your rewards from spend in that billing period goes pending, then posts after the close of the next statement. So you can be waiting 1-2 months for reward on spend.

Amex seems to be rolling out Points Accelerated on certain cards and not yet on others. With Points Accelerated, points earned in a billing period posts with the close of that billing period's statement.

i think 95% of dischurners here are all in P2-P3 mode... lol.
I have since stopped applying though.

So far it seems like ppl who have abused the system are the ones getting clawedback. but im sure we will know for sure in the coming months.

I’ve abused it maybe worse than anyone possibly. Dangerously so, if I’m being honest. But mine have been P1->P2 and Vice versa.

If I had to guess I’d say almost 400k worth between the 2 of us?

And the immature and jerk side of me (which is a big part) is chuckling that AK is now not only shut down from Chase but negative in MR by almost 200k. :jester:

I need an intervention. I placed a premium magic band order when Ariel and black panther ones were available since that’s what the kids wanted. DH and I just settled for solids. Then I realized that since we had to add a day to our stay we technically have 2 reservations and therefore 2 magic band orders so I got 3 more :oops:

I’ve abused it maybe worse than anyone possibly. Dangerously so, if I’m being honest. But mine have been P1->P2 and Vice versa.

If I had to guess I’d say almost 400k worth between the 2 of us?

And the immature and jerk side of me (which is a big part) is chuckling that AK is now not only shut down from Chase but negative in MR by almost 200k. :jester:
Not gonna lie... with all his crazy antics that brings a smile to my face too. Him calling me out lately was the last straw for me...

Still catching up but I'm responding to what I've read so far:

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/american-airlines-add-jal-to-online-award-booking/
Wow, well that's timely and makes life easier for me!

Oh, except AA won't show their calendar as far out as you can book JAL flights. You can currently book JAL through the end of June 2020, but AA's calendar will only show through the beginning of June 2020.

AA award booking is really annoying. If their partner opens up seats before AA opens their own, they still say you can't book until theirs are open. Meaning those other seats are often gone by the time AA is willing to book them for you. Or at least that's been my experience.

[

We saved a ton of money and booked excursions on Chase portal using CSR. Just keep in mind the boat stays on ship time and on chase the times are island time

I'm not sure which ship you are referring to, but on our Disney cruises the ship has always had us move to shore time, even if it meant turning the clock back and forth two consecutive days. I always thought it was so our time did line up with port times, and it was helpful last summer since I booked private tours in Iceland, Scotland, and Dover. Our ship times have always been the same as the ports.

I’ll get to use my PP at timberline two more times this month (unless I try for arrival as well lol) and then buh-bye timberline :sad:

So sad. DD and her pals had a really yummy dinner there. Only DH has the CSR so I guess he's the only one who will be able to access those places now. :(

My PP is from my Amex Plat, and I haven't received an email even though we know PP is eliminating the non-lounge benefit from Amex-issued memberships.

Mine is too, and I did receive and email this morning from PP saying that there has been a change to my membership plan. :(

We ordered FGT, mac and cheese, collards, and the chicken and donuts. It was a stupid amount of food, but I have no regrets.
You should have seen our table with ILs... deviled eggs, hush puppies, thigh high biscuits for me, chicken sandwiches x 3, mac and cheese x 2... something for FIL, either chicken or possibly meatloaf... and moonshine drinks all around! In hindsight, we probably should have suggested sharing a sandwich to MIL and Aunt :scratchin

AA award booking is really annoying. If their partner opens up seats before AA opens their own, they still say you can't book until theirs are open. Meaning those other seats are often gone by the time AA is willing to book them for you. Or at least that's been my experience.

That's so weird. Everything I've seen says to call AA to book. I'm trying again now.

ETA: Got the message that I could have them call me back in an hour to an hour and a half, which is past my bed time. DH said he can have an answer to me if the dates are good first thing in the morning, so I think I'll just call then and hopefully be able to book. Our dates are flexible to an extent so it's not the end of the world if I don't get these flights, but I'd like to go ahead and get it done.

We ordered FGT, mac and cheese, collards, and the chicken and donuts. It was a stupid amount of food, but I have no regrets.

We went there on the last day of our trip and we were on the deluxe dining plan. I could not move. We got three apps and three meals and three desserts. (We were with my Grandma) SO also loves the hummingbird cake. I’m not a cake person so I can’t comment on that. lol

We went there on the last day of our trip and we were on the deluxe dining plan. I could not move. We got three apps and three meals and three desserts. (We were with my Grandma) SO also loves the hummingbird cake. I’m not a cake person so I can’t comment on that. lol

I can't remember if we got any dessert to go or not. We were literally so full it was absurd lol. We had gone on a Saturday night on a whim and didn't have an ADR so we waited 2 hours for a table. By the time we sat down we were starving so we just ordered a ton of food and then hated ourselves hahah

Got DH's CIP2 today. As I was changing the cell phone and cable bills over to it, I realized this is the 5th time since January that I have changed the payment card on those accounts!

We are planning to be in Orlando President's Day week but had no firm plans so no reservations yet. Probably offsite, but with the new Star Wars news I booked a FW campsite for 2 nights to get FP and early entry access (and free parking). I was surprised how much availability there was, I thought Feb would be a busy time for campers.

Got another Sheraton Vistana offer today for 4 nights for $199 plus 15,000 Bonvoy points if we sit through a presentation. I wonder if they have availability Presidents Day, that might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!