I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmmm interesting. IDK but I used to just fold in quarters and stack...made a mess when pulling them out (my family) now they're in small thirds (sort of) and lined up side by side which gives me a ton more room in my tiny towel/bathroom closet. And all the other clothes in the house.... I can't get over how neat and organized the drawers are now
My closets and drawers are neatly organized and color coordinated too. I did decide that my dresses needed to be reorganized so I have casual, work and dress within that category sleeveless, short-sleeves, long-sleeves and then those are color organized. It makes it so easy now to not hunt for a work dress to wear at 4 am. (I know people like to pick their clothes out for the week or the night before but when I tried that I was always changing my mind in the morning so I was actually losing time.) And all of my cardigans are separated from my sweaters since I typically grab one to go over my dress or shirt since I am always cold. Very easy to know now that I have about 80 cardigans...

I wanted to do a Hilton since we have the points and we wanted to use them before my AF hits. We won’t be keeping the card so we don’t have long to use gold status
I've heard the Hilton Palace and doubletree are both nice, tho the palace grounds look much nicer to me- I think the closest hilton always gets bad reviews here....

Does anyone know how long Chase will offer the 3x into bonus on the CFU?
Thank you. I know there are better offers. Getting this card for DH who is reluctant to use credit cards. 3x for up to $20,000 in purchases for a year will earn us more points than him randomly using any card and thus using the "wrong" card. We are not churners and earn and burn points slowly. His CSP is one year old today. I don't want to pay the fee so I am going to get him the CFU and in a few days, cancel the CSP.

Another question - I just lowered the CL on one of his other Chase cards. Should I wait before applying for the CFU?
This all seems logical in your situation. If you already have a CFU, keep in mind; you could refer him to this offer. If not, I think some people have links to this offer on DISchurners. Since you aren’t churners (in your words) the CL thing probably isn’t an issue anyways so I’d think you’re good to go.

My closets and drawers are neatly organized and color coordinated too. I did decide that my dresses needed to be reorganized so I have casual, work and dress within that category sleeveless, short-sleeves, long-sleeves and then those are color organized. It makes it so easy now to not hunt for a work dress to wear at 4 am. (I know people like to pick their clothes out for the week or the night before but when I tried that I was always changing my mind in the morning so I was actually losing time.) And all of my cardigans are separated from my sweaters since I typically grab one to go over my dress or shirt since I am always cold. Very easy to know now that I have about 80 cardigans...

Goodwill was calling me (mentally) when I realized I had too many outfits. And of course different strokes for different folks. But I like to add new pieces as the seasons come and go, and I just wasn't wearing all those clothes! Made a pact with myself that if something new came in, something used or even new with tags but sitting for ages had to go. I do have a serious issue with getting rid of shoes though. Working on that..

I cup is a big one in my house too. How old are your kids? How many more years of this do I have ( I realize the answer is a lot- the boy is 7).
I have grown boys (and their friends) enjoyed the I CUP jokes....they're golden and they don't last!:sad:

This all seems logical in your situation. If you already have a CFU, keep in mind; you could refer him to this offer. If not, I think some people have links to this offer on DISchurners. Since you aren’t churners (in your words) the CL thing probably isn’t an issue anyways so I’d think you’re good to go.
Thanks for the reminder. I do not have CFU. I will look at dischurners for a link.

DoC is reporting the Chase Marriott Premier has a targeted offer to upgrader to the Plus and receive 2 up to 35k free night certificates after spending $3k. I checked DH's card and his offer is one 35k free night certificate after making a purchase. Thinking he might want to take that offer since we could make a very small purchase and have one another night to add to his current 35k cert for a free weekend getaway.

ETA: Just took the upgrade offer. It's only $10 more and with a $2 purchase, we get a free night that I am sure we can make use of.

Where did you find the offer?

I lost all of my quotes :confused3

I am floating about $3k on my CIC. It mostly went towards my car payment plus a few GC purchases. I have a second Ally account where the balance is set aside and the minimum payment comes out each month. If I use the CIC for something I add the money for it to that account.

But I'm also not a great data point as I think every CIP application I've put in, weve had a higher HHI as I adjust for DHs job...

I am going this Sunday in Phoenix. My husband is going with me and we are meeting for dinner beforehand with two of my coworkers who are VERY VOCAL about Mr Jackman's physical charms so dinner should be interesting for my husband....

Hope it was wonderful!

Haha, yes, he's very enjoyable to look at watch perform. Just wow.

It was a fabulous show! I'm floored by his sheer talent, he can do everything, and he is such a gracious and funny person. He interacted with the audience to a surprising (to me) level, and peppered the show with personal anecdotes. You will have a great time!!

Where did you find the offer?

You could always SM Chase to inquire about an upgrade offer. I did that with DH's Marriott card last year. He wasn't targeted for the upgrade offer back then, but through SM they claimed he was eligible for it, so I did it that way. Plus then I had it in writing.

Just realized.. one US option would be buying through the portal, I could pay $300 cash to use CSR travel credit and rest with points. Just in case this jump starts anyone else's thinking for travel plans :)

Logging in directly to the Amex Refer A Friend site still shows 10k MR per referral on the BBP for me, but I was able to pull up the increased 15k MR referrals by going through my Amex online account.

Remember, you can refer/self-refer from the BBP to any of Amex’s other cards. At 15k MR, this is the second most valuable card to refer from, on par with the Platinums.

ETA: Yes, it would be a good idea to generate a new link from the BBP with the increased 15k MR referral bonus attached.

ETA2: Given news today of Amex clawbacks likely due to self-referrals, we cannot advise self-referral on Amex cards going forward.

Last edited:
DH CIP app was approved overnight! Too bad it's his first business card, so we don't have a business log in for him to SM to request the card be expedited.
I wouldn't be concerned with calling, it's fast and painless. I connected to a rep at the end of the status call, said I was just approved for the card could I get it any faster, she said sure couple taps on the system and that's it. Might have been all of 2 minutes if he can spare it and you need it.

One other question - today is one year for his CSP. Should I wait a few days after applying for the CFU to cancel the CSP?

I wouldn't be concerned with calling, it's fast and painless. I connected to a rep at the end of the status call, said I was just approved for the card could I get it any faster, she said sure couple taps on the system and that's it. Might have been all of 2 minutes if he can spare it and you need it.
It's fine, we don't have to have it, I am just impatient LOL, and hate putting spend on regular cards. He can't really do it from work, and he won't be home until later tonight. It's not a huge deal.
I have bigger fisher to fry, yes Sams Club I mean you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!