I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone gotten a Starbucks offer on their Chase cards recently? I used to get it all the time on my Freedom Unlimited and then it's been dead for maybe 7 months. And I need a reason to justify refilling my Starbucks card! Haha.
yep, it is on multiple cards of ours and I never go there.

I do DoorDash and drive for Uber on occasion. When I turn the app on and see that I can make $30-40 in a half hour I am all over it. Nice side hustle and Uber includes Turbo Tax and all fillings for free each year.

PPDG???

I do doordash too, but I only do it on weekday lunches on days my little is in preschool. I can make good money just working a few hours during the lunch rush and I focus on an area that is loaded with office buildings so I don't have to drive far. It is fun and easy money!

I wanted to do a Hilton since we have the points and we wanted to use them before my AF hits. We won’t be keeping the card so we don’t have long to use gold status
Hilton Bonnet creek and the Waldorf are supposed to be pretty great. I've stayed at the hilton right across the street from DS, but it has been years...back when we lived in SC and would drive down, that was our go-to for arrival night. It was nice back then.

Hilton Bonnet creek and the Waldorf are supposed to be pretty great. I've stayed at the hilton right across the street from DS, but it has been years...back when we lived in SC and would drive down, that was our go-to for arrival night. It was nice back then.
Both of those look nice, but are more than 41k/night. We'd rather use the points and not have to pay anything OOP

Well I will be in the parks. Come meet the famous me!;)
Where you gonna be Saturday night? I'm planning on us going to AK. My plan right now is Disney Springs, take an afternoon break, then head to AK. We will drive home that night so I'm not sure how late we'll stay but I got FPs for both KS and EE. I'm holding out hope I get a FOP fp the day of.

I want to eat at homecomin on Saturday since we’ve never been there. All I could get for now was a 10:20 am reservation. I’m hoping to get something later but I’m excited to eat there
Omgosh we had an ADR right about that time, but I just cancelled it yesterday. You will love the brunch. I just wanted to try a diff meal this time, since we did brunch in May.

If I do an order on Sam's Club's website and pick it up in store can I get the 5% back from Dosh?

West coast here too. But don't think I want to preemptively change anything. Just going to see what my options are if it comes to that.

I guess the silver lining is at least it's not an LCC. Then I'd be up a creek without a paddle.

could be a good thing actually. BA has been known to wet lease QR planes... the last time they had an issue, QR planes to the rescue.
QR planes > BA planes.

Crap. My Hilton SUB points posted today. So of course, I check Hilton and suddenly I see points availability for Spring Break in NOLA. Yay, I book it. Then I check Chase portal and realize it is less than half the points to use URs. 😳 So I cancel the Hilton res and book thru Chase portal. Except now my points are MIA! I have canceled a Hilton res before and my points were back in my account in a few minutes.
Has anyone had this happen before? How long did it take for your points to return after cancelling?
Idk but just a reminder HH doesn’t have to honor status if you book via 3rd party if that’s something you’re counting on.

I noticed Sams had some discounted Disney gift cards. If I buy a couple of those with my Amex will it get flagged. I know gift cards are a no-no when trying to meet MSR on Amex.

Crap. My Hilton SUB points posted today. So of course, I check Hilton and suddenly I see points availability for Spring Break in NOLA. Yay, I book it. Then I check Chase portal and realize it is less than half the points to use URs. 😳 So I cancel the Hilton res and book thru Chase portal. Except now my points are MIA! I have canceled a Hilton res before and my points were back in my account in a few minutes.
Has anyone had this happen before? How long did it take for your points to return after cancelling?
It takes alot less UR that HH points b/c the UR are more valuable. If you are booking a standard room, I'd go with the hilton points and save the URs, esp if you can take advantage of 5th night free. HH points ressies don't have to pay resort fees or taxes either, if you need to take that into account.

I noticed Sams had some discounted Disney gift cards. If I buy a couple of those with my Amex will it get flagged. I know gift cards are a no-no when trying to meet MSR on Amex.

Amex can usually tell by how much is charged. your best bet is to mix it up with other purchases... buy stuff with your purchases is what we recommend.
anything with a .95 is usually a dead giveaway too for VGC/MCGC purchases haha.

Where you gonna be Saturday night? I'm planning on us going to AK. My plan right now is Disney Springs, take an afternoon break, then head to AK. We will drive home that night so I'm not sure how late we'll stay but I got FPs for both KS and EE. I'm holding out hope I get a FOP fp the day of.
Well boo, we are doing DHS that night. :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts