I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure. I used the app
Might be worth ringing up the restaurant direct. I remember last year looking for Wine Bar George reservations and Disney had very little left but OpenTable had any time under the sun we could want. Then there is always a credit card concierge like Visa Infinite (CSR) or Amex Plat concierge as another alternative. Unfortunately Homecoming doesn’t do reservations on OpenTable :(

They just had one last month, but it was really quick, I think only lasted a week according to reports on DoC. I remember seeing it on my account but we didn't need any BA points. Good luck!
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ymmv...s-40-50-to-british-airways-avios-11-4-or-1-5/
Yep, but sadly neither DH or I were targeted. I was able to do the Chase bonus but I need more next week.

:]
would avoid BA right now, rumor is the pilots are going on strike soon.

These are for upper classs flights next summmer. I try to book when they drop.

Okay I need someone to make the decision for me because I can't decide. We have 41k points to spend. Here are our options for a Hilton resort:
  1. Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista
    • 38k 1 King Bed
  2. Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace
    • 41k Resort View, 1 King Bed
  3. Doubletree Suites by Hilton Orlando
    • 37k 1 Queen
    • 40k 1 Bedroom Suite, Pool View, 2 Queens with sofabed
    • 40k 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King Bed, amenities delivered to room (whatever that means)
Reviews seem mixed on all three so I just can't decide. The Doubletree has the most options, but it's a further walk.

Might be worth ringing up the restaurant direct. I remember last year looking for Wine Bar George reservations and Disney had very little left but OpenTable had any time under the sun we could want. Then there is always a credit card concierge like Visa Infinite (CSR) or Amex Plat concierge as another alternative. Unfortunately Homecoming doesn’t do reservations on OpenTable :(
I put a TouringPlans reservation finder in for lunch. I mainly want lunch so we can use breakfast at the Hilton with our Gold status. We won't have gold much longer so it would be nice to use it. My last resort is to call because I hate talking on the phone lol.

ok so trying to figure out what I should do next. I need to be able to apply for the swa cp for 20-21

09/17 CIP (closed)
11/17 CSR
11/17 CSP PC to Freedom
08/18 CIC
10/18 Freedom
02/19 CIP
05/19 CIP
05/19 AA biz citi

DH
02/18 CIP
07/18 SW biz
10/18 CSP
12/18 SPG lux
02/19 CIU
06/19 SW priority

So I can refer DH to the CIP on 9-5 to be safe since his last card was 6/4. Do I self refer for CIP 4 on 5/14 or do I wait till 9-? after DH gets his CIP to refer me for CIP 4? then that will put me at 12? to apply for SW biz. Then when should I apply for the SW priority to get the CP?

in the meantime any recommendations for a non chase card? have about a week and then I'll meet the spend on the SW card so would like to apply this week for a new card.

I have bought some Safeway GCs through the Amazon deal to try when we are in Oregon, but it will be two weeks before I know. I really think it is YMMV and can vary by store. Last summer I had no issue with the physical Safeway GCs, but more issues with the eGCs but they did finally get them to work. I only bought as much as we would spend on groceries and gas while out there in case I can't buy Disney GCs.
Yes. I have the Amazon safeway certificates as well. I can always buy $250 worth of groceries but I'm trying to maximize.

CIUpy cup benefit not mentioned...

0% interest for 12 months on purchases.

DO NOT CHURN if you can’t afford to pay the card in full!! That said, this is an interesting side benefit that somebody might find beneficial. Especially since it doesn’t affect utilization and your credit score as a business card account.

Crap. My Hilton SUB points posted today. So of course, I check Hilton and suddenly I see points availability for Spring Break in NOLA. Yay, I book it. Then I check Chase portal and realize it is less than half the points to use URs. 😳 So I cancel the Hilton res and book thru Chase portal. Except now my points are MIA! I have canceled a Hilton res before and my points were back in my account in a few minutes.
Has anyone had this happen before? How long did it take for your points to return after cancelling?

CIUpy cup benefit not mentioned...

0% interest for 12 months on purchases.

DO NOT CHURN if you can’t afford to pay the card in full!! That said, this is an interesting side benefit that somebody might find beneficial. Especially since it doesn’t affect utilization and your credit score as a business card account.
Would floating money with Chase for 0% interest cause any red flags on your account in regards to shutdown risk?

Crap. My Hilton SUB points posted today. So of course, I check Hilton and suddenly I see points availability for Spring Break in NOLA. Yay, I book it. Then I check Chase portal and realize it is less than half the points to use URs. 😳 So I cancel the Hilton res and book thru Chase portal. Except now my points are MIA! I have canceled a Hilton res before and my points were back in my account in a few minutes.
Has anyone had this happen before? How long did it take for your points to return after cancelling?
I’ve seen it take 8 hours sometimes before. I’ve found Hilton cancellation and points return to be very inconsistent.

You'll have to come visit us! :rotfl:

:faint: I really loved him when he first came out, before everyone started copying his 'bro country' and now that's still all you hear from the guys on the radio... and not all of his stuff of his first few CDs was like that either.

His son play on my DS9's flag football team too. When you look across the field and see him standing there with all the dads from the team, he blends right on in....just one of the guys.

Would floating money with Chase for 0% interest cause any red flags on your account in regards to shutdown risk?
That’s a good point. I wouldn’t feel very comfortable continuing to drink from the cup with large balances outstanding. But what if it’s just the $3k MSR... hmmmm lol.

(I payoff all my cards so this doesn’t really matter to me but you make a great point)

Seriously, I'm checking Virgin right now...nothing available.

ETA: @wanderlust7 I'm on the west coast, so was searching for flights out here but I'm seeing point availability LHR to BOS, if that helps.

West coast here too. But don't think I want to preemptively change anything. Just going to see what my options are if it comes to that.

I've been really watching the EVA FA strike, the airlines are pretty accommodating... although BA services is far worse than EVA.

I guess the silver lining is at least it's not an LCC. Then I'd be up a creek without a paddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!