I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Hey, DHs citi match even made it for his statement cut off, which was Monday :)

CyndiLouWho, wendow, PolyRob and 4 others like this.
  2. havaneselover

havaneselover Dreaming about a Disney cruise

So I’ll be booking on 5/30 southwest ric to tpa for the Saturday after Christmas. Anything I should know. I’ve never booked sw, will be using points and cp.

wed100105 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 3 DD love princesses

3 DD love princesses DIS Veteran

I had friends from Church I did it for as well as family

wendow likes this.
  5. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

DH got instant approval on his Barclay AA Biz :thumbsup2

6. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

Should probably notify him of his app... :rolleyes:

wed100105, miztressuz, kandb and 10 others like this.
  7. 3 DD love princesses

3 DD love princesses DIS Veteran

book your flights minus the companion. then go back and add the companion flight

8. brownhaired_girl

brownhaired_girl DIS Veteran

I found making changes to flights on SW easier when I created an account for each of the people I was booking for. You will most likely already have an account number assigned when you got your credit cards.

9. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

And not mention that on r/churning you identity stealing criminal you... :lmao:

vanjust14, wendow, PolyRob and 5 others like this.
  10. wanderlust7

wanderlust7 DIS Veteran

We stayed in the same room type. I didn't think it was dated. Read the review and thought to myself - I hope I never become that jaded.

I enjoyed the photos though, trip down memory lane. :)

palhockeymomof2 and Lain like this.
  11. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

And proud of that fact! Maybe I will post it just to :stir:

12. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

Debated whether I should even bother mentioning these two stinkers of offers are coming to an end tomorrow, 5/16/19, unless they're extended, so here you go:

Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless - 100,000 points after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months, $95 annual fee not waived

Chase United Explorer - 40,000 miles spending $2,000 in the first 3 months; an additional 20,000 miles after spending another $6,000 within the first 6 months, $0 introductory annual fee then $95

Sarah_B and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  13. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

I’d suggest booking one ways..which it sounds like you are going to do. Book the flight, then add your companion. If the flight happens to drop in price you can’t change it online just call and they do it over the phone

14. palhockeymomof2

palhockeymomof2 DIS Veteran

My DH finds out he has a new card when it arrives and I give it to him...:rotfl2:

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 9:33 PM
  15. *WDW*Groupie*

*WDW*Groupie* DIS Veteran

I'm going to sit this one out as well. I don't need the points until late November. I can also have dh transfer over some of his MR stash to complete our reservations or I could *gasp* use some of my UR rewards (which I won't likely be doing)

On another note I was successful in getting Marriott to honor their lowest rate guarantee. We are going to Whistler again for winter break (dd really loves it there), but the rates on the Marriott website were around $700.00Cdn / night. I noticed on Expedia there were around $400US. So I submitted the online form through the Marriott website and received confirmation the next day they had accepted my "claim". Total for 7 nights is now $3,100.00Cdn. I was pretty excited about this rate because they took the Expedia rate and gave me an additional 25% off :banana::banana:!

16. StephPlum

StephPlum DIS Veteran

:wave: Waving hi(gh) from Colorado Springs! Great trip so far. We've had amazing weather. Beautiful blue skies. First two days were highs in 60s. Today was 80 which is hot for me but we spent most of the day traveling to/from pikes peak so not a problem.

So far we hit Florissant Fossil bed ( petrified redwood stumps), Mueller state park, Garden of the Gods, Pike's Peak, AF Academy, Manitou Springs& Cliff Dwellings, Great Sand Dunes NP, Zapata Falls. Two more days to go. Only mistake (so far) was not checking altitude for Florissant and Mueller. We did those the first day not realizing it was even higher than CS. The altitude did us in.

This was my use of my Marriott 7 night cert. I had the category 1-4. Worked out very well since we don't normally spend 7 days in one spot. Colorado Springs is a good home base for all we want to do.

Ngwira, BamaBoy, disneybirds and 14 others like this.
  17. havaneselover

havaneselover Dreaming about a Disney cruise

Wow—that’s a great rate. Congratulations!

*WDW*Groupie* likes this.
  18. DisneyMandC

DisneyMandC DIS Veteran

Haha that’s funny!! Usually when someone messes up the name they call me Michelle. But recently I got Jessica :confused:

19. bernina

bernina Mouseketeer

Thanks! Going in July (Roadtrip from San Francisco to Yosemite to Vegas back to San Francisco) so might be able to put to use (if I have them on one of our 12 or so Amex and AU cards...)

BamaBoy and miztressuz like this.
  20. ctinct

ctinct DIS Veteran

Sharing my daughter’s travails with her name. She’s named Dayna, pronounced just like you would think. Day-na. The same as the more typically spelled Dana. I’m not sure why people have such a difficult time with it. She’s been called Diana, Dayana, Dina, Deena, Deanna, Dana with a short a sound, and a few other things I can’t even recall. I’m not sure why it’s so difficult for people.

kidsfirsttrip and CyndiLouWho like this.
  21. amcc

amcc DIS Veteran

I think Disney is testing the ceiling on their product especially with the opening of SW. Hopefully, they notice soft occupancy rates and back track - a girl can dream, right?

Do employee cards count as an AU? I can’t get one for my 16 year old and I don't want to hurt my husbands x/24 status.

We have a 5 hour layover in CLT - very excited to use our priority passes...and it seems to be a dud for us. One hour in one of those little rooms with 2 of my kids doesn’t sound like a fun start to vacation at all.

wendow likes this.