I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by SouthFayetteFan, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Lain

Lain DIS Veteran

2. DisneyMandC

DisneyMandC DIS Veteran

I swear we've only posted more since moving to this new thread lol.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. NY Pirate Princess

NY Pirate Princess Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss. I am glad that you feel she went in her own terms in her own home. That is such a wonderful gift.

5. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

I’m so sorry for your loss

Chancery8, Haley R, tink1970 and 2 others like this.
  6. Mopedmom1

Mopedmom1 DIS Veteran

That's the reason I picked this one. I feel like I am a fairly low maintenance woman but when I travel I turn into a mega princess. I have in the past used a small suitcase to carry my "stuff".:rolleyes: I am making a concerted effort to pare this down but SW generous baggage allowance makes it too easy to get carried away!

7. CyndiLouWho

CyndiLouWho DIS Veteran

What?
    Our honeymoon destination. Lol

Ngwira, SouthFayetteFan and Lain like this.
  8. StephPlum

StephPlum DIS Veteran

Catching up from today.

Costco - love the rental cars. I have used them many times, especially for the free second driver. I do compare between CSR and costco with 2nd driver. Costco usually wins. I did rent for my Colorado Springs trip through CSR. The 1.5 factor + going with DS who is 21 and won't qualify for free 2nd driver won over Costco.

Packing cubes - I just started using packing cubes. I did roll my clothes that I packed in the cubes. I found I could get more in my carryon with the packing cubes. I also love the organization - easy to find things that are packed together.

9. alryan

alryan Mouseketeer

So sorry for your loss. Never easy to lose your Mom no matter the age, but what a blessing to have a full life and now reunited with your Dad.

10. brownhaired_girl

brownhaired_girl DIS Veteran

I’m so sorry. Hugs and prayers your way:grouphug:

11. wendow

wendow We create happiness.

Dh denied for citi AA match for the THIRD time :furious:

12. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad your Mom was able to live on her own and had a long, healthy life. I hope that is a small comfort to you. :hug:

13. punkin

punkin <font color=purple>Went through pain just to look

Why is everybody dying? So sad.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 9:18 PM
    Calfan and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  14. mmmears

mmmears DIS Veteran

I'm so, so sad about Notre Dame. It's almost 1,000 years old, so it's not like it can just be restored/replaced. I'm thankful my family got to see it one last time a few years ago. :sad2:

As for packing cubes, I've been a member since something like 2010?

I have a packing envelope (Eagle Creek) that I love, and a cube the same size. The envelope comes with a plastic thing that lets me fold things perfectly, so I use it for both the folder and the cubes. DH and DD have the same envelope and we all think it's the best thing. I pretty much fold everything. I think DD rolls stuff that isn't going into her envelope.

:rotfl: Now I get it. Yeah, the carry-on club takes a lot of work when it comes to packing and folding.

It's super popular, but 2 moms of milennials have told me that their kids bought Away luggage and it's not lasting. At all (as in less than a year). One is a Tumi Mom and one is a Briggs (I have Briggs & Reilly too) and both said that, while more expensive at first, their luggage is lasting years and the Away stuff isn't. Too small a sample size to be definitive, but I thought I'd share. Briggs has repaired my DD's carry-on for free when the wheels stopped working, so I do like that.

We do the same with the hotels - it makes it so much easier, especially since we rarely stay in one place for long.

15. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

@CyndiLouWho I just realized our vacation counters are marking the exact same date for our trips

16. Hoosier John

Hoosier John DIS Veteran

That's exactly what I needed! Thank You!

So, I will leave it on bank account auto draft, then try to remember to pay a little early every month with my 3% Barclay Uber Visa (as long as comes through as Travel), or maybe with Disney GCs from Sam's (using a 2% rewards card).

I'm VERY new at this, so I will try to learn better moves by watching and learning here.

17. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

The freedom of a new thread to me felt like this. Suspect I wasn’t the only one...

DisneyMandC and SouthFayetteFan like this.
  18. SouthFayetteFan

SouthFayetteFan Saving Money on Disney Vacations since 2006

Wait...you and @Lain are married?? LOL!

[​IMG]

liloca, Tikitoi, DisneyMandC and 4 others like this.
  19. gottalovepluto

#destiny

SouthFayetteFan and Haley R like this.
  20. Judique

Judique Dis Veteran, Beach Lover at BWV, BCV, HHI, VB

Sorry for your loss and it's wonderful that you were able to get your son into town on points!

But so nice to have your Mom until she was 91. What a wonderful age to get to!

21. gottalovepluto

Maybe they just added a bunch of new go-getters to the chat team who don’t realize they’re putting themselves out of a job considering how often we request matches?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 10:23 PM