"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

Normally I don't update this close together but I have something important to say...

Remember how I said that I may or may not have big news?

Well, it's finally official!

I am super duper flippin' excited to tell y'all that this coming January I will be packing up my East coast lifestyle and spending a few days on the West coast which will primarily include

:tinker:DISNEYLAND!!!! :tinker:
giphy.gif

Yes, Timmy is finally going to Walt's park FOR THE FIRST TIME. I can't believe it's actually happening especially with how quickly it came to be.

You can read all about that on my latest PTR: Bring It On, West Coast! East Coast Prepares For An LA & Disneyland Encounter

You can do that now or after this update. I'll just tell you now that it's going to be LIT. I honestly can't even properly evoke my excitement through this keyboard ASGHGOLJVOSUGAOUGOAGGH

Ok maybe I can.

Anyways.... ON TO THE UPDATE!!!!!

The Grinch Hates Hugs: A Thesis On Problematic Faves
December 26th, 2016

The title kinda gives this one away so I'll just jump right into it but we were going to visit THE GRINCH! And this wasn't just the usual furry-faced Grinch they had everyday, this was the Jim Carrey Grinch. Like over-the-top, meme famous, Christine Baranski-loving Grinch is who we were meeting. I was so excited! I had seen many a video of meets with him and I'm just not sure I was ready for what was to come.

Spoiler alert: I was not ready. At all.

The Grinch meets in a little gift shop area, I think underneath their little version of the PeopleMover (I can't remember what it's called). When we got over, we saw some Team Members, more official looking ones blocking the queue. I thought the worst. We still marched on because I was going to do all I could to meet the Grinch. Lucky for us, we walked up and asked if he was still meeting and they said, "Yes!" and moved aside to let us into the make-shift queue. They were actually still making the line and they told us later that we had just barely made it before they closed the line. What luck!

The days of hard work and play were starting to catch up with me. My throat was feeling not too good and I just really wanted a nap, but I wanted to make the best of this little staycation I had going on. The crankiness was coming out as the Fam started complaining about going to yet another M&G. I promised them that this was a good one, but I just was over it and it made the wait rather quiet, letting us simmer a bit before meeting our favorite Christmas hating Santa. We all grew up reading The Grinch and watching both the original cartoon and the live action extended version. I even own a Grinch doll that was bigger than Alyssa when I first got it. One way or another, this was going to be worthwhile.

The wait moved rather slow. The Grinch is quite the character! At one point while we were still outside, he brought out someone's bag and tried to give it away. It was crazy. Again, we really weren't ready for this.

Fast forward to finally meeting the Grinch. The family before us finished getting their photo and walked away. He screamed, "NEXT!" Immediately, we walked up to get in line for an initial family photo. I was hoping to be closer to the Grinch than winging my family members. I tried to sneak in then got yelled at by my family that ended with the Grinch also nagging me. I stood in the position that was asked of me and we got our photo.

After he kicked my mom and my sisters away, like he literally threw them. It was great. I, of course, wanted a separate photo. I thought it would go smoothly but... Well... I'll let the pics tell the story...

So I tried to give him a hug for the photo. He wasn't about that though and pushed me away. We took a second photo, me just cuddled up. After it was taken, he turned to me and hugged me,
shaking me saying "How do you like it? How do you like it?" Oh my gosh, I was dying. Then, as you can see in the last photo, he kicked me out. Like really kicked me. Seriously, greatest moment of my life and gave me the energy to finish off the night.

I'm not sure what much else happened after this. I think we might've gone to just take a look at the Lost Continent since that land completed the loop from Hogsmeade, but I have no picture proof, nor do I remember doing anything over there, which is fine. It's mostly shows anyways and we just didn't have time for that. We wanted to get back over to Universal to do a few more things so we headed to the front of IoA.

Before we left, my mom had our ride photo on Forbidden Journey along with a few other items bought sent to the front of the park. It kinda led us on a wild hunt to find it because we all were struggling to remember what the Team Member had told us. It led us eventually into the photo place at Port of Entry.

There my mom was asking about where to pick-up stuff sent to the front of the park, but also the photo package they had at Universal. We had a good sum of photos taken of photos at that point. She asked the guy about how the deal worked and unfortunately, he mentioned an important detail that she forgot. We tried to remind her and it turned into a huge tirade between us four while trying to talk to this guy. Eventually, knowing we'd be leaving soon, we decided it really wasn't worth it to get the photo package. He directed us to where to pick up our stuff and we were on our way. We picked up the stuff we had sent to the front, took another quick bathroom break and headed on back over to Universal Studios.

There were no lines over there so we basically waltzed right on into the park. I realized as soon as we got in that we had yet to do the ET ride. We're all big ET fans and this is one ride my mom remembers from when she was very young. I've ridden it before and I thought it was the better version of Peter Pan's Flight (but that one has really grown on me throughout my program). We had to make sure we got this one under our belt.

Before we did, it was time to stop for dinner. Springfield had a lot of choices so we ended up at a food truck. I ended up getting tacos here. I think Alyssa got some fajitas without certain ingredients. I forget what everyone else got. To give you an understanding of our reactions, I almost forgot to include this section because I was not a fan. The tacos were a bit sweet and just felt very artificial. I mean, I guess that fits with the theme of being kind of a trashy, gimmicky land. That vibe just doesn’t fly with my taste buds. Once we were done, we continued onward to E.T.

The park was starting to die out by now so there was little wait for this. I mean, all the waits in general were shockingly far less than the last time I took a day trip to Universal, quite surprising considering how insane it was/is over back at Disney World. We basically flew through the E.T. queue. An added bonus: THE ET NAME THING WAS WORKING. We actually got to give our names and do all of that. It's usually not working so I was super excited about that. We also got to see some more of the effects in the queue. I was really LIVING for E.T. The ride itself, we didn't get front row, which is what I got to do my first time (right behind E.T. actually) and was a bit disappointing. It still was really fun and he did a pretty good job of saying our names at the end. E.T. saying Siobhan was far better than most who attempt it.

My mom was living for the ride. My sisters thought it was cute, but didn't rave about it like the other attractions. It's a classic tho. After, we ended up in the E.T. gift shop where we did some browsing. I was trying not to buy more things, but...

I'm sorry but he's so flippin cute to me! I think one of my sisters got a shirt, can't remember which one or what it looked like. I got a smaller E.T. than the one I held, which I'm so happy to have. I had an E.T. when I was younger that had a beating heart and could talk. Loved him so so much. After that, we continued on our way.

We decided now was a good time to take one final break. We sat on the big concert field they have out in front of Rip Ride Rockit. Also, the place where some of the house queues are for Halloween Horror Nights (this year it was the line for The Exorcist house). There was nobody out there so it was really nice to have our space. It was coming to the end of the night so we had to decide when we wanted the Mears shuttle to come and get us. We ended up deciding now was a better time than ever since you usually have to call at least an hour prior. We called and they gave us a list of times. I don't remember exactly what time we chose but I'm thinking it was either 10:30 or 9:30, which ended up giving us more time until we had to be in the parking lot.

We were right next to Rip Ride Rockit. I wasn't too keen on riding it considering the height of the first drop, but I decided why not? It probably was the last ride of the night so I guess it was now or never. The line was also fairly short and the locker area didn't seem crazy packed so we were in and out of there. We raced through the line to the first merge point where the Team Member was having a grand time. He was having my sister play a hand game, which was confusing but helped pass the time. Eventually he let us through and not long after we were loaded onto the ride. Our ride photo was pretty classic:

For those who have never ridden before, it's a pretty cool ride. When you are loaded onto the ride, you have a screen on the lap bar that allows you to choose a song that you will listen to while riding. I chose "Hella Good" by No Doubt, my elementary school faves (I saw Gwen Stefani in concert for the first time in the months before I left for my DCP), which I highly recommend for this ride. It's a banger and lit this coaster ride UP. HOWEVER, the coaster itself is JERKY. Like REALLY JERKY. I usually don't have issues with coasters (I think Space Mountain is a thoroughly enjoyable ride), but this... it hurt. I don't get how they couldn't have made this one smoother or maybe cushion it up a bit more. Definitely a one-and-done if I ever decide to ride it again, which I would, but only once. I don't need to deal with a headache for the rest of the day. My family would concur with that and this essentially ended the night for us in terms of riding rides together as a family.

When we got off, we ran into some issues. We used one locker for all our stuff and my finger wasn’t scanning. We had to call in a Team Member to help us. They fixed it for us pretty quickly. I had to show my ID to prove that it was my locker and all was well. We then bought our ride photo after to find out there was also a video. Sadly, due to it being nighttime and dark out, there was no video. Phooey. Oh well, we still had that fab photo.

Quite a bit of night was left over for us so we decided that doing something we really enjoyed earlier again was the best way to go. No need to end on a bad note. Fortunately for us, it was practically next door. Granted, doors are overrated for this place.

Continued Here

Last edited:
YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND?

source.gif

I'm there already, so we'll keep the DLR affairs on the DLR board and I'll MOVE ON to this AMAZING update.

I was OBSESSED with the Grinch when I met him. I loved the M&G so much that I commemorated it with a pair of Grinch PJ pants. Your pics, however, are MUCH BETTER than mine. I. Am. LIVING for your solo shoot with him.

D'awwwww, you so cute with the baby E.T. :lovestruc

I've never been on RRRit, but I'm LIT for choosing the song you want to listen to during the ride. I know what I'm rope dropping next time I go.

I'm glad this day is ending on a good note! You guys had a long and stressful day together, but you did SO much and this action-packed day is such a cool memory to look back on!

I am super duper flippin' excited to tell y'all that this coming January I will be packing up my East coast lifestyle and spending a few days on the West coast which will primarily include
:tinker:DISNEYLAND!!!! :tinker:
Yaaaay!!! You will love it! I haven't been since the 50th anniversary celebration and would love to go back. My brother and his fam are going in November, and I am so jealous! (Especially since I booked them a 1 br DVC villa at the Grand Californian usong our points).

After it was taken, he turned to me and hugged me, shaking me saying "How do you like it? How do you like it?" Oh my gosh, I was dying. Then, as you can see in the last photo, he kicked me out. Like really kicked me.

Amazing, hahahah :)

My mom was living for the ride. My sisters thought it was cute, but didn't rave about it like the other attractions. It's a classic tho.

ET was in our top 3 list of rides at Universal (along with Gringotts and he Mummy).

It's a banger and lit this coaster ride UP. HOWEVER, the coaster itself is JERKY. Like REALLY JERKY. I usually don't have issues with coasters (I think Space Mountain is a thoroughly enjoyable ride), but this... it hurt.
Ouch! I don't feel so bad about skipping this one, now. Space Mountain kills me.

YOU'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND?

source.gif

I'm there already, so we'll keep the DLR affairs on the DLR board and I'll MOVE ON to this AMAZING update.

Best gif react to that yet.

I was OBSESSED with the Grinch when I met him. I loved the M&G so much that I commemorated it with a pair of Grinch PJ pants. Your pics, however, are MUCH BETTER than mine. I. Am. LIVING for your solo shoot with him.

One of my IG friends had met him the day he started meeting and after that I was obsessed so I had to make my family go. So worth it. And I'm sure your meet with him was as cute, potentially cuter than mine.

D'awwwww, you so cute with the baby E.T. :lovestruc

Awwww, thank you. I try. :cutie:

I've never been on RRRit, but I'm LIT for choosing the song you want to listen to during the ride. I know what I'm rope dropping next time I go.

I'd recommend end of the night like moi so you don't have a headache the rest of the day.

I'm glad this day is ending on a good note! You guys had a long and stressful day together, but you did SO much and this action-packed day is such a cool memory to look back on!

It was a great day and the way we ended was just so perfect and necessary, even if it meant still missing a ride that we had yet to go on.

Yaaaay!!! You will love it! I haven't been since the 50th anniversary celebration and would love to go back. My brother and his fam are going in November, and I am so jealous! (Especially since I booked them a 1 br DVC villa at the Grand Californian usong our points).

Omg, you so should've just tagged yourself along in that trip. But yeah, I'm so excited! I've been wanting to go since like three D23s ago or something along with the Diamond Celebration and so so much. I cannot WAIT to get to experience Walt's park and DCA!

Amazing, hahahah :)

'Twas quite a moment lol

ET was in our top 3 list of rides at Universal (along with Gringotts and he Mummy).

E.T. is one of my faves and it's a classic. I will forever love it.

Ouch! I don't feel so bad about skipping this one, now. Space Mountain kills me.

It was still cool, but if I ever do it again, it'd be one time and I'd be out.

OMG YAY FOR DISNEYLAND!! I'm seriously so jealous!

Sounds like y'all had an awesome time in Universal! I'm glad y'all were able to ride ET--it was closed when we were there. :(

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee Timmy, you haven't updated since I last commented so I don't have anything constructive to say here, but I just wanted you and this #iconic, fabulous TR to be the home of my 3,000th post on the DIS. Because u my best DIS friend and ilysm and I can't wait for us to be reunited :love::love::love:

You'll love Disneyland! I've been twice, and absolutely adore it. Unfortunately, on both trips, Splash has been down for refurb, but that just gives me a reason to go back :)

Enjoying your report, btw. I'm a huge HP nerd. I'm doing a Universal/Disney trip next month and one of the goals is to get a Snape wand.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee Timmy, you haven't updated since I last commented so I don't have anything constructive to say here, but I just wanted you and this #iconic, fabulous TR to be the home of my 3,000th post on the DIS. Because u my best DIS friend and ilysm and I can't wait for us to be reunited :love::love::love:

tenor.gif

Congratulations angel! Love you so so much and I'm so excited to be reunited. It's going to be LIT. I feel so honored to be the place of your 3,000th post.

You'll love Disneyland! I've been twice, and absolutely adore it. Unfortunately, on both trips, Splash has been down for refurb, but that just gives me a reason to go back :)

I'm so excited and I'm sure I will. And I'll be in the same boat because Haunted Mansion (my fave) and Small World are both going to be down to remove the holiday overlay so I won't get to that, but more reason to come back. :thumbsup2

Enjoying your report, btw. I'm a huge HP nerd. I'm doing a Universal/Disney trip next month and one of the goals is to get a Snape wand.

Thank you and :welcome: Omg, a Snape wand sounds super cool. I'd want one! :wizard:

Again, updating at a rather quick pace here, but I felt that it'd be best not to leave you lingering on this day and this chapter is much longer and wordier than the last so more content for you to take time to relish in.

I'm also feeling like it's a really sad time in the Disney community.

Two days ago now we lost both The Great Movie Ride AND Universe of Energy (Ellen's Energy Adventure).

Personally, Ellen, Bill Nye and Stupid Judy needed to go and that's the tea. Don't be looking for sympathy on your sadness you won't be getting it here. That ride was an hour and a half nap and always will be a nap. The end.

The Spectacular Journey into the Movies was something near and dear to my heart that I've written about a lot in the days leading up to its final day. Here are links to my Instagram posts on how much I love GMR:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BXwP5mKHEWo/?taken-by=thatdisneykween
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWlohvwHtmh/?taken-by=thatdisneykween
https://www.instagram.com/p/BOUS7kCBJ8g/?taken-by=thatdisneykween

I also made a thread on my Twitter about my love of GMR that has multiple clips:
https://twitter.com/thatdisneykween/status/896890742957887488

I also feel it necessary to link y'all to the chapters of my prior TRs that talk about GMR since there was no GMR aspect to this trip so you know what an experience it was for me over the years: April 2010 (1) April 2010 (2) February 2011 June 2014 (Double Update)

I'm just really going to miss being able to ride it as much as I once did, but I'm glad for all the wonderful memories I now hold about the attraction.

Ok, back to the TR at hand!

You're A Wizard, Timmy. A Disney Trivia Wizard.

December 26th, 2016

Before making it to our final destination, I had to go get a Knight bus picture with an actual Knight Bus Driver. This ended up being quite the ordeal because of all the cargo I ended up lugging around. Good thing Sam the Knight Bus Driver was very friendly and un-judgey.

Such a fun and quirky meet-and-greet. This is a must-do for any Potter fan. I never thought meeting Sam would be a dream come true, but it really was. He tried just like a wizard with the same sense of humor, everything. He asked me to shake the shrunken head's hand, which he obviously doesn't so it was a trick. I don't remember any of the other details, but I think Ravenclaw came up again. It was just a really fun conversation and I was glad I got to have it. I think next time I'd like to visit the Knight Bus Driver in the day time to get clearer, less fuzzy photos.

I said goodbye to Sam. The Fam and I continued into London, tapped on the correct bricks and we're back in...

DIAGON ALLEY!

Obviously.

We had to come back to finish off the night. Alyssa and my mom were rearing to go back to Gringotts while Siobhan and I wanted to test out my new wand. We loved Gringotts, but decided early that once was enough considering the nature of the ride (it's a story type ride, once is pretty good). We wanted to see more of Diagon Alley since we hadn't seen it all so it was a good choice in the end.

Taking Alyssa and my mom's bags so they wouldn't have to bother with the lockers. We then heard something going down off to the right of Gringotts. We came upon the end of the Tale of the Three Brothers being performed. For those of you who aren't familiar, this is the story that is the basis for the legend of the Deathly Hallows that is the undercurrent for the last story of the Harry Potter series. They essentially are the explanation for Harry's survival. At Diagon Alley, they re-enact this (along with some other classic Wizarding World fairytales) with puppets and neat practical effects. It was very entertaining and I wish I could've seen more.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

After, there was a bit of a break before the next show so Siobhan and I decided to do some spell-casting. We used the map and explored as much of Diagon Alley as we could. It was honestly super fun. Casting spells is difficult, but there are Team Members out-and-about who help you with getting your wand movements down properly. The advice on using your wrist that I got from the guy who sold us the wand helped a lot. Once I caught on, it was all a blast. We even slipped into Knockturn Alley a bit on this adventure, which is probably my favorite part of Diagon Alley (I'm kinda Slytherin too tbh). There is where they have the coolest spell I think where you make skeleton bones dance. Very cool. Siobhan also tried her hand, but couldn't cast as well as me. What a Hufflepuff hehe

Here is a video of me casting a water spell:

Click to watch!

Oh and yeah, I also bought another Butterbeer for Siobhan and I to share lol We tried to get one without the cream foam since Siobhan is lactose intolerant, but the recipe is copyright so they can't change it. Oh well.

Celestina Warbeck and the Banshees were coming out soon so after being a bit worn from the spell-casting, we took a front row seat to get a taste of some Wizarding World Diva realness.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I pulled my DSLR out for this too. I'm still working on nighttime photography so these aren't as great as some of my pics from the day before.

She pulled a guy up on-stage during one part of the show. Normally I like to be chosen for that stuff, but I was enjoying taking photos so I didn't really make my presence known to the Banshees. It was around then my mom and Alyssa had re-joined us to watch.

Honestly my favorite shot. "I'm fabulous, you're not."

I'm a sucker for some live singing so I enjoyed this immensely. I wished I understood more of the lyrics of these songs. The sound design they have kinda muddles the words, but they were all very entertaining and fun to watch. I also love how Celestina was just a diva to a major extreme. If I had a poster wall for all my favorite divas throughout time, I'd put her there just for the attitude. I LIVED for it. A strong, slaying performance to end our night.

We started to head out. Alas, I had to do a few things. First, was in Florean Fortescue's because ICE CREAM!!!!

I couldn't not get some wizard ice cream before leaving and what's better than having some more Butterbeer flavored things? I wasn't totally raving over this since it was a lot more filling than expected, but it was good. Butterbeer is always an A+ in my book. We also made a quick stop into Madame Malkins so I could show the Fam the enchanted sassy mirror. If you aren't familiar with this, here's a video from my first interaction with it back in October for Halloween Horror Nights: https://www.instagram.com/p/BMDpYwmBnCH/?taken-by=thatdisneykween

After that, we ended our night at Universal. Diagon Alley was the perfect note to end our day on. We were feeling pretty tired out again and having such a good, relaxing time in the Potterverse put the right kind of pep in our step to get back to the car. On our way out, we walked past the nighttime movie projection show they have out in the harbor at the center of Studios. We slowed our walk to see what movies were being shown and it made my mom and I pretty nostalgic. I'm frankly such an old soul when it comes to pop culture and film. After getting past that, we were rushing out. Our bus was coming soon and if you know how Universal is set up, you know that the distance between the park and the parking complex is quite the hike. We sped walk until CityWalk then it was full-on running. We did NOT want to miss this bus and have to take a later one.

When we got to the bus area of the parking complex, we had a little trouble finding our Mears shuttle. We expected to get another van type car and all there was out there were busses. We saw the Mears bus but passed it by. I tried to tell them that probably was our ride. Of course, they all disagreed as if it's not like I live here or anything.

bqZpW.gif

Long story short, there was no Mears van and our ride ended up being the bus! Oh yeah, who was right?

That's right, this queen (aka ME).

My always-being-right aside, remember how I mentioned earlier that we were having the best luck with Mears drivers? Well, it just got even better. This driver was having a full-on banger on this bus. When we walked up, they were blasting "Can't Stop The Feeling" and onto the bus we went kinda like this:

635739663555965789-1989643866_3dance.gif

We learned the bus driver's name was Rick and he had so much energy. It was awesome! For someone like me who was ready to pass out on this bus ride, I was wide awake and so into him getting into it. Mears, if you're reading this... give this man a raise!

Click to watch!

Rip 1D

The entire bus ride, Rick was playing all kinds of modern pop songs. He explained to us why he did that and it was because after retiring from the armed forces, he became a bus driver. On the bus, he liked playing music when one day some kids gave him a CD of songs to play instead. Ever since, he has tried to keep up with the times and is literally the version of a cool grandpa, living life to the fullest everyday. White grandpa hehe He was having us do a ton of crazy stuff when picking up more people like hiding in the seats then surprising the people coming on the bus at the second pick-up stop: SeaWorld. After that it was music and TRIVIA. Oh my nerdy pop culture loving heart soared. Rick was rattling off all this trivia left and right about the Orlando theme parks and the surrounding attractions. He didn't jump into Disney until we got near the resorts, which I was nailing (he also threw in some puns and jokes that I also knew fairly well lol). There was one thing that bothered me though and that was that he said Chip's nose is the red one and Dale's nose is the black one. Chip and Dale are my bbs and I learned long ago how to tell them apart. Many a cast member has not corrected me on this so I know that was not right. I also knew that wasn't the only way to tell them apart. Added fact here: Chip's teeth are together, Dale's have a gap. You're welcome. After I dominated his round of so-called "tricky Disney trivia", I was outed by mom as a cast member and corrected him on his incorrect Chippys information. We then talked a little bit about what it's like working for the parks. We even found out that he was friends with the father of the new Disney Ambassador, Brandon. I never got to meet Brandon during my program (he wasn't officially starting his turn as Ambassador yet), but I ran into Nathaniel many times (he gave me a No Strings Attached card to fastpass Frozen Ever After. Bless him.) The Ambassadors are the nicest and coolest people and if you ever get the chance to meet one, do take the moment to talk to them. They are borderline Walt Disneys incarnate.

Getting back on track, Rick entertained us all the way through many hotel stops (including one where he got some bellhops to dance with him) and eventually we were back at Pop Century.
We thanked him profusely for such a fun ride back. Later that night, we made sure to go on the Mears website and write him a deservingly stellar review. After that, our night was officially over. We no longer had Rick to keep us up so we trudged back to the 50s section and hit the hay almost immediately, another incredible day of family fun under our belts. Tomorrow was our last full day on this vacation and we wanted to be wide awake for that so sleep was of utmost importance. Goodnight for now and we'll see you again in the morning!

giphy.gif

I love that this gif fits the color scheme. Oooo bless.

Continued Here

Last edited:
What a fun night in Diagon Alley! Your DSLR pics of the show came out great! Ugh I'm so sad I never got to try the butterbeer ice cream!

Rick sounds amazing! Glad he could perk you up on your ride home and help end the night on a high note!

What an amazing night!

Timmy your night photography is FLAWLESS. So upset I never got to see the Banshees, they looked FIERCE.

Also, the butterbeer ice cream looked delish but it's super weird that they copyrighted a drink to the point of limiting who can consume it? So disappointing that they can't copyright a lactose-free version of butterbeer, I feel like that should be next on the list of priorities for Universal.

I love Rick and I hope he can continue to bless passengers in Orlando for years to come. I'm so happy you got to experience such a joyful bus driver!

I don't want the last full day of the trip to be written. Can you start the TR over now?

You're A Wizard, Timmy. A Disney Trivia Wizard.

This title = A+ :D

Such a fun and quirky meet-and-greet. This is a must-do for any Potter fan. I never thought meeting Sam would be a dream come true, but it really was.

I'm so glad you got to do this! It was one of my favorite things that we did at Universal.

We came upon the end of the Tale of the Three Brothers being performed.

OOO I'm so jealous! I wanted to see this so badly, but never got the chance! Maybe next time, though :)

The advice on using your wrist that I got from the guy who sold us the wand helped a lot.

It's all in the wrist! Swish and flick! pixiedust: (I apologize for my extreme neediness that made its appearance in that comment)

What a Hufflepuff hehe

Hey, now. No need to hate on my house #TonkswasaHufflepuff

Getting back on track, Rick entertained us all the way through many hotel stops (including one where he got some bellhops to dance with him) and eventually we were back at Pop Century. We thanked him profusely for such a fun ride back.

I love it when you get fun bus drivers like that. You can just tell that they really love their job! :)

What a fun night in Diagon Alley! Your DSLR pics of the show came out great! Ugh I'm so sad I never got to try the butterbeer ice cream!

It was and you definitely need to go try the ice cream for next time, it was lovely.

Rick sounds amazing! Glad he could perk you up on your ride home and help end the night on a high note!

He WAS. My family still talks about him more than anything (mostly to irk me with his incorrect factoid about Chip and Dale). Big high note to end on!

What an amazing night!

Timmy your night photography is FLAWLESS. So upset I never got to see the Banshees, they looked FIERCE.

Awww thanks love. They were quite fierce. I'd so go back to see them all again.

Also, the butterbeer ice cream looked delish but it's super weird that they copyrighted a drink to the point of limiting who can consume it? So disappointing that they can't copyright a lactose-free version of butterbeer, I feel like that should be next on the list of priorities for Universal.

Yeah. I mean, she still could drink it, but would just have to have someone finish it so she didn't drink any of the cream on top. Maybe that'll be something they do one day if they get enough complaints. We'll have to see.

I love Rick and I hope he can continue to bless passengers in Orlando for years to come. I'm so happy you got to experience such a joyful bus driver!

He was THE BEST. Disney should snatch him up real quick. They could use more drivers like him.

I don't want the last full day of the trip to be written. Can you start the TR over now?

Nope. Unfortunately. All good things must come to an end. :sad1:

This title = A+ :D

Thank you! I was hoping someone would appreciate it.

I'm so glad you got to do this! It was one of my favorite things that we did at Universal.

I'd 100% go back and do it again, it was so much fun. And try to be a bit more decked out in Potter gear.

OOO I'm so jealous! I wanted to see this so badly, but never got the chance! Maybe next time, though :)

It was SO COOL! The puppets were just incredible. I need to see it all the way through next time I'm there.
It's all in the wrist! Swish and flick! pixiedust: (I apologize for my extreme neediness that made its appearance in that comment)

"It's LEVI O SA not LIVI O SAW" Queen Hermione for life.

Hey, now. No need to hate on my house #TonkswasaHufflepuff

12634563_signs-that-youre-the-slytherin-of-your_t7726c26d.gif

:teeth:

I love it when you get fun bus drivers like that. You can just tell that they really love their job! :)

I have so much appreciation for bus drivers. I had so many great ones growing up that honestly got me through some rough patches when I was very young. Those types are such a blessing.

It's a bit difficult to explain. I feel it means something to different to everyone but usually it means excited or exciting. One of the two depending on the context. It's just a word I use in my vernacular a lot more.
Thanks for that explanation....I'm so old in my day it meant drunk, wasted, high.
825758acb5cabb9ca66efebb345e402c.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter