"I LIVE Here! I Know What I'm Doing!" A Family Reunion for a Very Disney Christmas (COMPLETE)

Thanks for the link on your previous report- it's so funny to see your sisters all grown up! I'm much older than you, and still love Christmas morning- I can't even imagine what it was like to wake up at DISNEY on such a special day! Looking forward to hearing more, especially a few CM secrets! ;)

Oh MY I just got the alert!! I'm so happy to see you're doing a new trip report.
I cannot believe how much all of you kids have grown since I read your first trip report in 2010 and 'met' you for the first time. I'm catching up I've read a few dining reports but not on the Dis much, my work has been horrible lately...time to retire and go to work at Disney

Thanks for the link on your previous report- it's so funny to see your sisters all grown up! I'm much older than you, and still love Christmas morning- I can't even imagine what it was like to wake up at DISNEY on such a special day! Looking forward to hearing more, especially a few CM secrets! ;)

Of course! Had to make sure you all found your way. Glad you made it over! :welcome:

It was so neat getting to relive our first trip while making new memories so many years later. And it honestly felt so weirdly normal waking up in Disney Christmas day. It's truly home for me now. :earsboy:

Oh MY I just got the alert!! I'm so happy to see you're doing a new trip report.
I cannot believe how much all of you kids have grown since I read your first trip report in 2010 and 'met' you for the first time. I'm catching up I've read a few dining reports but not on the Dis much, my work has been horrible lately...time to retire and go to work at Disney

Haha yay! So glad you could join! :welcome:

It was pretty crazy for us too since a lot has changed for all of us (not just the obvious physical change) and so has Disney. And YAS, ALWAYS RETIRE AND WORK FOR DISNEY. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hey, just joining in on your magical TR. Love the photos and GIFs :-). So jealous that you were in the DCP and even worked at the most magical place on Earth :P. Can't wait to here more about your family reunion. Kwaherini!

Hey, just joining in on your magical TR. Love the photos and GIFs :-). So jealous that you were in the DCP and even worked at the most magical place on Earth :P. Can't wait to here more about your family reunion. Kwaherini!

:welcome: Glad you could join in!

Thank you! Lol, it was such an amazing experience. I recommend it highly to everyone.

I'll have another update up very soon! :D

Princesses v. Thrill Seekers: A Third World War Part I
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

After conquering Space Mountain, my mom and my sisters wanted something to hold them over since we didn't have breakfast but not a lot of time left until our FP for meeting Tiana and Rapunzel in PFH. I suggested heading over to Adventureland and trying the Dole Whip. Siobhan couldn't have it because she's highly sensitive to lactose. Alyssa's also technically lactose free, but she wanted to try it. My mom was curious so she pushed for it. I knew that there was a pretzel stand on the way over so we stopped there for a pretzel for her, that I got for free using one of my Family Christmas Celebration coupons, a major holiday perk for Disney Cast Members. Oh I miss my CM perks *sigh* We got Siobhan her pretzel, the crowds still pretty tame, then went into Adventureland to grab Dole Whips. My mom and I each got one. She really enjoyed it. Alyssa had one bite and was not about it, which was disappointing but my mom said I was killing it so far on the recommendations.

I knew we had our first FP of the day coming up soon at Fairytale Hall so I said we should start heading on over thatta way, but I took us on a detour to my favorite spot in the Magic Kingdom: Cinderella's Wishing Well!

The magic of this little spot of the Kingdom is unlike anything. There's rarely anyone over here. If there is, they kinda take their picture then go on their way. It also has one of the most cool views of the Castle. Then, at night, it's even more empty over here. It's literally perfection and not everyone knows about it or appreciates it enough so it feels like my own little home in a home for so so many. It honestly feels like where any dream that you wish will come true.

*See what I did there?*

My love letter to Cinderella's Wishing Well aside, we were here to enjoy it, but also take some quality photographs.

Enjoy!

And some behind the scenes action...

Again, you can't duplicate that magic.

We had to move on because it was right about time to head to Fairytale Hall to meet Tia and Punzie!

My family wasn't too too happy with me on this FP reservation, but I literally met these girls all the time during my program and I felt they were the best way to introduce my family to the world of Disney character meet-and-greets, which are frankly my favorite part of the Disney parks if you weren't already aware. After some arguing on the way over, I did convince them this was the right choice since lines for characters are the worst due to the fact they aren't a constant load type deal, it's the characters spending quality time with each person or group that comes through. We'd eventually have to deal with a lot of lines as the day went on and frankly, I could handle those better than actual having to wait in the outside queue of Fairytale Hall.
With that, in we went.

Unfortunately, we didn't get to have those pretty pics in the actual hall part of Fairytale Hall, but we got to my favorite princess duo much quicker than the already 45 minute standby wait going on. As soon as I walked in, I knew it was going to be fun because I knew that both Punzie and Tia had some mutual friends with me. *wink wink*

First, up was Rapunzel!

She was hyper and joyful as always. She immediately recognized me and came in with a big hug, per usual. She was very talkative this time, telling us some crazy stories about Pascal and such. Alyssa of course got another happy birthday wish and was asked if she was having the best day ever. A good solid interaction to begin our venture into the Hall.

I don't even remember what we had bought since that is obviously someone's bag in our group lol

Up next was TIA!

tumblr_inline_mtd18ebAGZ1rbfeeg.gif

Literally how I'm always feeling when I meet her lol Lottie is my spirit animal. Today in particular I was feeling this way because I was getting to meet Tiana with Alyssa, who is my fellow Princess and the Frog fangirl. We've watched the heck out of it and adore all the characters. Tia is our queen and I was so excited that I'd get to introduce them to each other.

Tia was all southern charm and bayou glamour and so sweet. Hugs all around, even my mom, who was ready to just get in formation for the picture. She immediately recognized me and got so excited. She even asked how I was doing and why I hadn't visited in awhile. I told her about working and she said something about Naveen, wishing she could get him to do that since she finally taught him how to make beignets. I responded by asking why she didn't bring any here. She used that to take the conversation away from just us two and ask how my mom and sisters were enjoying the holiday, wishing Alyssa a happy birthday, of course (She was really loving this). After our meet, the consensus was that Tiana was by far the favorite of the day thus far.

"Y'all can get a little bit closer, I know the dress is big."

34989054940_c1cc0bd567_c.jpg

We had given our hugs goodbye (I swear they were less awkward than these photos suggest) and went on our way. We came out and I saw the other half of Fairytale Hall had a surprise princess! A surprise princess is when instead of the usual Tiana and Rapunzel or Cinderella and Elena pics on the sign out front, they switch one our both out for a picture of the crown. This means there is a princess not usually in the Hall visiting. I've always had some good luck with this. Before Elena officially joined Cinderella, I met her three times as a surprise princess, once with Aurora (when she used to meet with Cindy), the other two times with Cindy. Then, I also met Jasmine in the Hall with Tiana, which has yet to happen since. My roomie also alerted me one day to Belle being in the Hall, but I had to go to work so no way was I going to be able to catch her. I thought that could be our luck today.

Alyssa was on-board, ready to meet more characters, but Siobhan and my mom really weren't digging that. Also, the waits were getting up there. They wanted to go ride Splash and Big Thunder, complete the Triple Mountain Whammy as we would say (*Stacey voice* WHAM WHAM WHAM). It was then we decided we would split up then meet up for lunch later. I directed my mom and Siobhan to Frontierland to find Splash and Big Thunder then they left. Alyssa and I then got in line for Cinderella and her mystery princess.

Continued Here

Last edited:
Princesses v. Thrill Seekers: A Third World War Part II
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

The wait for Cindy and the mystery princess was pretty lengthy so I passed the time by taking pictures of the Hall and its gorgeous decorations.

These are honestly making me so homesick, you have no idea.

When we finally made it to the front, we were ushered into the room to find that meeting with Cinderella today was...

AURORA!

Not the greatest surprise since I already kinda said my program goodbye to her the other day and it was super magical and emotional, but that's a story for another day. I would've loved if Alyssa had met Elena since she's so new and so much fun. Also, because she's a latina princess and Alyssa's currently taking that in high school. Nevertheless Aurora was my childhood favorite (I had an Aurora doll and used to dress up like her) and I just adore meeting her. She's so pure and brings out the hopeless romantic in me. Her dress is also my favorite, especially since the fairies got her an upgrade. It's so classic but also stunning and the way it is so magical the way it twirls UGGGHHHH I GAG Also, MAKE IT BLUE DISNEY MAKE IT BLUE AGAIN

*ahem*

Today, Aurora was telling us a story about Mr. Owl and him always asking "Who?" It was so sweet, but didn't travel much beyond there. It was a rather quick but sweet interaction with Aurora.

We went almost directly from her to Cinderella. Cinderella's my least favorite to meet, while I have had wonderful interactions, I also tend to find she's a bit too busy thinking about shoe size or something to really have a worthwhile conversation. I was hoping today would be one of the days that Cindy would be a bit more upbeat and fun for my sister.

Lucky for us, Cindy was being particularly gracious as the grand damme of the Magic Kingdom.

The Photopass photographer was joking around with me about the camera so I kinda snuck into this meet, but Cinderella immediately noticed Alyssa's button and was having a little convo about hoping that all her birthday wishes would come true for her. She then told me that she hopes my dreams do as well. It was honestly one of the most heartfelt talks I've had with Cinderella yet and it was nice to have that since Aurora was feeling a bit more jokey today. Cinderella, just as beautiful and elegant as her name.

After that, we were gone from the Hall, glad to have conquered it in true traditional fashion. The agreement was that Tiana was still the highlight of the Hall, which was a pretty common thing, but she really stood out today. We texted my mom and Siobhan in the group chat to see where they were. They had managed to do Big Thunder, but were in line for Splash now. Alyssa and I weren't going to waste time so we decided to head deeper into New Fantasyland to meet a man like no other.

Continued Here

Last edited:

Great update. I love the meet and greet in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Though it kinda feels a bit weird to think that was once Snow White's Scary Adventure ride.

I'm with Alyssa! NOT a fan of Mickey Pretzels. I do miss our Holiday Coupon Book though :sad:

Your wishing well pics are so gorgeous. UGH, this family. So #gorg.

YOUR PUNZIE AND TIA INTERACTIONS!!! I'm so happy that your family's first character interactions were with that set of ladies!!!

Also, could any of the four princesses you met have been more stunning? SO beautiful.

What better way to spend Christmas Day!? Gah!

I suggested heading over to Adventureland and trying the Dole Whip. Siobhan couldn't have it because she's highly sensitive to lactose. Alyssa's also technically lactose free, but she wanted to try it. My mom was curious so she pushed for it. I knew that there was a pretzel stand on the way over so we stopped there for a pretzel for her, that I got for free using one of my Family Christmas Celebration coupons, a major holiday perk for Disney Cast Members. Oh I miss my CM perks *sigh* We got Siobhan her pretzel, the crowds still pretty tame, then went into Adventureland to grab Dole Whips. My mom and I each got one. She really enjoyed it. Alyssa had one bite and was not about it, which was disappointing but my mom said I was killing it so far on the recommendations.

For future reference in case they go back, Dole Whip is actually totally dairy free and safe for lactose intolerant folks! (As long as you get the true "dole whip" and not citrus swirl.) I'm gluten and dairy free and have never had a problem with it. Though, if you're ever questioning anything I'd always recommend to double check and ask for the allergy binder at any snack location, just in case. Dole whip is my jam!! <3

The magic of this little spot of the Kingdom is unlike anything. There's rarely anyone over here. If there is, they kinda take their picture then go on their way. It also has one of the most cool views of the Castle. Then, at night, it's even more empty over here. It's literally perfection and not everyone knows about it or appreciates it enough so it feels like my own little home in a home for so so many. It honestly feels like where any dream that you wish will come true.

Good tip! I'll be sure to give this spot more attention next time. :)

Cutest family photo!

They wanted to go ride Splash and Big Thunder, complete the Triple Mountain Whammy as we would say (*Stacey voice* WHAM WHAM WHAM).

Omg I want to be Stacey J. Aswad. Did you know that, along with being the face of Disney Must Do's, and being all around perfection, she's also an artistic roller skating champion?? Like, oh my gosh. Love.

Her dress is also my favorite, especially since the fairies got her an upgrade.

I thought Aurora's dress got a little facelift! So gorgeous.

Alyssa and I weren't going to waste time so we decided to head deeper into New Fantasyland to meet a man like no other.

I think I know where this is going...*yay*

Joining in. I :love: your family trip report!!! Also, this picture is basically amazing! :rainbow:

:welcome: Glad you could join in!

Haha, I'm so happy you like it so far and thank you! Alyssa was werking all my best angles haha

Great update. I love the meet and greet in the Princess Fairytale Hall. Though it kinda feels a bit weird to think that was once Snow White's Scary Adventure ride.

Fairytale Hall is my fave. :cloud9: The last time my family was in Disney SWSA was still open so they asked about it and I explained that that's where Fairytale Hall was. My mind is so used to PFH being there now I barely can fit SWSA into the layout.

I'm with Alyssa! NOT a fan of Mickey Pretzels. I do miss our Holiday Coupon Book though :sad:

It was actually the Dole Whip she didn't like. Sorry that sentence was wonky. And OMG YES I used the heck out of those free popcorn coupons

giphy.gif

Your wishing well pics are so gorgeous. UGH, this family. So #gorg.

tumblr_onr7l3WfEp1w7jkrwo1_500.gif

YOUR PUNZIE AND TIA INTERACTIONS!!! I'm so happy that your family's first character interactions were with that set of ladies!!!

Well, OBVIOUSLY. They're my sisters basically. Literally miss them so so SOOOO much. :sad::sad::sad:

Also, could any of the four princesses you met have been more stunning? SO beautiful.

They are always stunning in my book. Well, except Cindy.

giphy.gif

What better way to spend Christmas Day!? Gah!

For future reference in case they go back, Dole Whip is actually totally dairy free and safe for lactose intolerant folks! (As long as you get the true "dole whip" and not citrus swirl.) I'm gluten and dairy free and have never had a problem with it. Though, if you're ever questioning anything I'd always recommend to double check and ask for the allergy binder at any snack location, just in case. Dole whip is my jam!! <3

Omg if only I had known! I mean, we might've asked, we usually do, Siobhan's gluten and dairy free too so we have to ALWAYS ask. Maybe I'm just forgetting that she had it idk I'll remember for next time if I get them to go back again.

Good tip! I'll be sure to give this spot more attention next time. :)

Oh yes, definitely do! After park open is the best if you're not rushing off to a ride.

Cutest family photo!

Awww :-)

5mb9z.gif

Omg I want to be Stacey J. Aswad. Did you know that, along with being the face of Disney Must Do's, and being all around perfection, she's also an artistic roller skating champion?? Like, oh my gosh. Love.

Omg, really? I'm surprised I didn't know that. We used to follow each other on Instagram and Twitter, but she never posts anymore so I don't know what happened to that but omg she's still such a queen.

I thought Aurora's dress got a little facelift! So gorgeous.

IT IS and the way it fans out when she twirls, ugh, it's STUNNING.

I think I know where this is going...*yay*

Do ya now?

tumblr_nubv56dP371s2wio8o1_500.gif

I love your Wishing Well photos! I need to spend more time there on my next trip!

Rapunzel is so cute and she looked SO happy in those pics! I'm glad you had great interaction with both her and Tiana!

Yay for getting to meet Aurora and Cinderella too!

I love your Wishing Well photos! I need to spend more time there on my next trip!

Rapunzel is so cute and she looked SO happy in those pics! I'm glad you had great interaction with both her and Tiana!

Yay for getting to meet Aurora and Cinderella too!

Thank you! You really should, it's so quaint.

She is precious and so much fun, although Tiana is my favorite, Punz is wonderful as her PFH pal. Love all my PFH girls tho :goodvibes

Gaston Kissed Her Hand Among Other Things
December 25th, 2016
**Christmas Day**

When we last left off, we were headed deeper into Fantasyland to go visit a manses by his tavern. Alyssa had seen a lot of the infamous Gaston videos on the internet so she had to see how it was meeting him in person. He was supposed to be out in a little bit so we rushed over to jump in line. Gaston's lines naturally close before he even comes out so I wanted to get there as early as we could. Luckily, we made it in time and didn't have too bad of a wait before meeting the man himself.

I probably should mention that I have the worst luck when it comes to Gaston. Granted it's because I'm the adult male version of the little girl who back-sassed Gaston, saying the Beast was going to be with Belle and not him for like ten minutes. I lead him on initially, but then I'm a little sassafrass. However, today Gaston was being a bit too nice. Like the photos were way too friendly and normal for what usually is expected of Gaston. I'm guessing even he is pretty cheery on Christmas day.

At this point, we were pretty ready to go get lunch. We started to head to Columbia Harbour House, my favorite QS.

We texted my mom and Siobhan telling them we were heading over. By the time, we were near CHH, we had gotten no response. We were very confused and chilled outside until we got a response. When we did, they told us they had just done Big Thunder and were now in line for Splash. In other words, they were going to be awhile so Alyssa and I just took it upon ourselves to go to CHH. My mom had been using her MagicBand to charge the room so we would just use that.

The famous bell ringer guy, who any MK cast member would recognize from their Once Upon A Time Is Now orientation was out and sang Alyssa a little Birthday song for her. I forget his name, but he is one of my favorite CMs.
There wasn't many in CHH so we took our time figuring out what to get and ordered. I think I got the Lobster Roll this time and Alyssa got Chicken Fingers per normal. Everything went smoothly until we were asked for the pin. I forgot this was a thing and neither of us knew the PIN. We were freaking out and were about to leave, but the CM said she'd get her manager out to fix it for us. I was ready to not hold her up, but she insisted so I let her call a leader over. Alyssa had texted mom, but no response. The manager came out and fixed it no problem, so we were still able to order and get our food. Thank you bunches, CHH cast!

After we got our food, I made Alyssa come with me up to my favorite spot on the second floor. Nobody ever goes up there and it overlooks both Fantasyland and Liberty Square. It's such a nice spot so I had to sit us there, especially since I knew the crowds were starting to build up and we wouldn't be able to escape them the rest of the day.

We ate our food, which I had many times before so it was a solid meal. Alyssa enjoyed her chicken fingers because whoever judges chicken fingers? My lobster roll was good per usual. I have no tiffs with CHH since I've eaten there a lot and had all of the major items on the menu. The lobster roll and the clam chowder are my favorites so my response was as predicted.

While Alyssa and I chowed down, Siobhan and my mom were doing this...

They didn't end up getting to us until Alyssa and I were pretty much done with our food. Alyssa's a very picky eater and doesn't eat a lot so I ended up finishing her chicken fingers on top of my Lobster Roll. We didn't have breakfast so I was ok with chowing down as much as I could, especially since I might not have dinner due to having to go to work at around 5ish.

Siobhan and my mom finally joined us as Alyssa and I were finishing up. They ended up taking so long because my mom stopped in a shop to buy Memory Maker. I had told her it'd be a good investment, mostly for me since I had so many photos un-downloaded from my time on the program, but also for my family to not have to worry about having to hand off cameras and just let PP take all our photos. Well, she finally caved and got it for us, we just needed to connect it to our account, which I did while they ate. My mom I believe got the same thing as me, which she really enjoyed and commended me on my choice for lunch as did Siobhan who got a salad. (For the record: Siobhan and Alyssa both have dietary restrictions. Siobhan's both gluten and lactose free while Alyssa is just lactose free so that's also partly why they have almost Vegan-esque choices).

Once I finished setting up Memory Maker for us, I noticed that Peter Pan was out. I was thinking about rushing over to meet him once Siobhan and my mom were finished, but then I realized it was almost 11am and the Mickey's Once Upon A Christmastime Parade was happening at 12 so we'd need to head over now to actually get a decent spot.

Siobhan and my mom finally finished their meals, we took some bathroom breaks and then headed towards Frontierland to find a spot. When we got there, it was already decently packed, but luckily we found a spot near the Frontierland Arcade and the Adventureland throughway. It was pretty fitting for us until people started squishing in. One woman in particular and her child were being particularly unaware of personal space, which I'm luckily no stranger to so I was able to ignore it but it was particularly irritating for my non-Disney regular family. We still held our spots though as comfortably as we could and soon enough it was time for...

:santa: MICKEY'S ONCE UPON A CHRISTMASTIME PARADE! :santa:

Continued Here

Last edited:
lYay, sounds like a great time was being had by all! I love the shrimp and fries at CHH, yummy.

If you love Cindy's Wishing Well, you need to see Snow White Grotto in Disneyland. The statues are so cute (anonymously donated to Walt and Snow was the same size as Dopey and gang so some optical illusion had to be utilized), when you throw a coin into the well Adriana Caselotti sings I'm Wishing. So peaceful there, not a lot of people know about it although I hear Snow does some Meet and Greets there, not when I first visited it in 1961 though.

Love hearing all of your family adventures with your gorgeous Mom, sisters and you of course!

p.s. Is it just me or does your Mom look totally terrified on Splash?? It's not really too scary, think the one in Disneyland is a bigger drop, but the seating being different may make it seem that way. The best thing that happened on it in MK WDW, for us was coming to the final drop right when they lit the Christmas Lights on the Castle....breathtaking...of course we nearly drowned on the ride. LOL

Last edited:
Gaston looks like a Johnny Cash impersonator in your photos. Are you sure you were at Magic Kingdom and not a regional production of Million Dollar Quartet, little miss sassafrass?

You're making me miss Once Upon a Time is Now :sad:

I am LIT for CHH. I need to try their lobster roll! I think that's going to wind up being my Magic Kingdom dinner this year.

Bring on the parade photos!

Carol_1.gif

I lead him on initially, but then I'm a little sassafrass.

You crack me up! Also, that Gaston...
Gaston looks like a Johnny Cash impersonator in your photos
@Newsies :rotfl2:

Nobody ever goes up there and it overlooks both Fantasyland and Liberty Square. It's such a nice spot so I had to sit us there, especially since I knew the crowds were starting to build up and we wouldn't be able to escape them the rest of the day.

It really is the best place to sit and relax! I always mean to go to CHH, but we seem to always seem to go right after it closes. Maybe next time!

MICKEY'S ONCE UPON A CHRISTMASTIME PARADE! :santa:

Love this parade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter