"I Know What You're Going To Say" - France Sept 2019 - Update 1/5 Disneyland Paris, Dinner & Home

Do you see why I'm shocked I actually lost weight on this trip?
Yes I am shocked! I look at bread and put on 5 pounds.

For this yes. Still can't seem to throw away an empty 2-liter of sparkling water but he knows other table manners.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I know - we don't do nearly enough photos of ourselves. I should fix that.
Same. We've got a million of the kiddo but very few of us

My husband kept sending me text messages that he thinks the driver is trying to kill us but that’s just how the drive in Paris - super aggressive
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Jason and I do same thing with uber. Even in the US we've had some terrifying rides.

Le Jules Verne is a one Michelin Star restaurant located on the 2nd Floor of the Eiffel Tower and has its own private entrance up onto the tower. The restaurant recently went through a renovation as its long time chef, Alain Ducasse wasn’t allowed to renew his lease and rather a new chef, Frederic Anton took the helm.
I'd heard of this restaurant before and Alain Ducasse but didn't realize it was in the Eiffel Tower.

Once we arrived on the 2nd Floor, we were sat at a two top with a wonderful view of the city and also a view of a very angry child. I ended up asking my waiter why we had an angry child looking at us and apparently it is part of a month long campaign to raise money for sick children.

0wRAp1w.jpg
Ok now chance this is the "second" floor. I'm afraid of heights so even this picture terrifies me.

Exactly what you want to see while enjoying fancy dinner

We started with our amuse bouche which was actually rather decently sized. It was a brioche stuffed with black truffle along with some type of flan that I can’t remember exactly what it was now.
Bring on the truffle! Looks and sounds amazing.

CeH80oH.jpg

Daniel Crochet Sancerre
Oh Sancerre how do I love thee! If this is the one they served twice I'd be ok with that

CqBR4Ko.jpg

Farmhouse Chicken - Prepared in a Bouillon with Foie Gras, Wild Mushroom, Albufera Sauce
Mushrooms or not that does look awesome. Glad you all splurged and had such an amazing meal.

*faints!! Seriously, this is awesome!!! Such an amazing experience. Yes, you should take more pictures of you guys. I would never have that problem...I take plenty of selfies :rolleyes1

That looks like a great dinner.

I could not get over the driving in Paris. I was glad my husband did the driving and not me when we were there. Especially since we hadn't planned on renting a car but wound up having no choice.

Your husband is a brave man! If we had gotten a car, it would have been me driving and I just know I couldn't handle it well even though they drive on the same side of the road as us! It was weird seeing English cars driving there as well.

Yes I am shocked! I look at bread and put on 5 pounds.
Back in the states, the same thing happens to me too!

Same. We've got a million of the kiddo but very few of us
Yeah...my instagram is mainly my dogs or alcohol :rotfl2:

Jason and I do same thing with uber. Even in the US we've had some terrifying rides.
Well, you live in a part of the US where Uber is probably more readily used. We don't use it at home much as our town is not commuter friendly in general. I've used it at home three times in like 4 years and one of those times was b/c I had to leave my car at the shop and go to work. :rotfl2:

But texting is such a great way to have conversations without having to talk out loud in scary situations.

I'd heard of this restaurant before and Alain Ducasse but didn't realize it was in the Eiffel Tower.
Yes! Probably the most famous restaurant we've been to now outside of WDW/Disneyland places. Alain Ducasse has a ton of places around Paris though so I don't think losing this one will affect him too much. I think that is part of the reason for the change as Eiffel management wanted a chef that would be around more rather than rarely.

Ok now chance this is the "second" floor. I'm afraid of heights so even this picture terrifies me.
Well, there are tables not at the window and I'm sure you could request one of those as most people aren't happy when they get one of them. We had someone try to squeeze between our table and our neighbors for photos but the lady next to us said something to them and they had an attitude about it. Too bad so sad for you! I mean, the angry child was there.

Exactly what you want to see while enjoying fancy dinner
Yeah - the waiter admitted it happened for a month every year. We had to laugh about it!

Bring on the truffle! Looks and sounds amazing.
And it was!

Oh Sancerre how do I love thee! If this is the one they served twice I'd be ok with that
It was a good wine! Just still felt lazy for the price. I realize that is an ultimate first world problem though!

Mushrooms or not that does look awesome. Glad you all splurged and had such an amazing meal.

What?! You ok with a dish with mushrooms?!?! It was totally worth it and easy to pick around those pesky things.

I'm so glad we splurged too. I'm even more glad we decided to go cheap at Disneyland, especially after trying some of the food there. Totally overpriced for what you got but I guess I'll get there in explanations soon enough!

*faints!! Seriously, this is awesome!!! Such an amazing experience. Yes, you should take more pictures of you guys. I would never have that problem...I take plenty of selfies :rolleyes1

It really was! I'm so happy we did it as that is once in a lifetime. What says Paris more than eating in the Eiffel Tower? Keep up the selfie taking! Someone needs too. I forgot to take food photos the last two days at Disney so no food report for this trip I'm currently on either.

Lazy Paris Morning

We didn’t set an alarm and waited until we naturally woke up. I figured being lazy was probably a good thing for the wallet along with the ankle. We headed downstairs for breakfast since it was free. We weren’t sure if we were going to eat lunch or not at the time. I had pineapple and bacon. My husband had pineapple and french toast.

KajTcLj.jpg

F1EHhX9.jpg

YUhuCTz.jpg

After breakfast, we headed back to the room to pack up everything as we were heading to Disneyland Paris at 1PM by a hired car service. We were really lazy and just played on our computers until 11AM hit and we called bell services to hold our luggage until the car service arrived and left our room for the final time. I really loved that hotel room but I will never stay there again due to the cost.

j75Yath.jpg

8SaP8IO.jpg

We wandered the stores around the hotel, including the other English bookstore. We were mainly just killing time rather than wanting to buy anything. As we wandered the alleyways, we came upon a chinese restaurant/hole in the wall - Restaurant Deyuelou, a chinese restaurant. The menu was in Chinese, French and English. The prices didn’t seem to bad and we knew Disneyland Paris isn’t known for great food so we ate again despite having had breakfast 3 hours earlier. We were the second party in the restaurant that day and ordered a liter of sparkling water and two entrees we knew we could share along with some white rice. We did the Lemon Chicken and Beef with Onions. I was shocked by my husband wanting the lemon chicken as he hates mine at home. I loved the beef! The plating left lots to be desired but if that’s the worst complaint I have, that isn’t that bad.

pGxxMSg.jpg

28AxVfh.jpg

3EHu2ON.jpg

neTluhT.jpg

We headed back to Le Maurice to use the restroom and wait for our transport. The lobby restrooms had those scary robotic toilets that talk to you and have like a computer screen that go with them. It was a very strange experience but I’m glad I finally got to see one in person. We noticed our purple luggage was outside once we were done and our van had arrived early so we loaded up and headed on our way to Disneyland!​

Arrival Disneyland Paris

Our drive out of Paris was traffic filled but once we got out of the city, it eased up and we were on our way.

hMOCx5P.jpg

emwpGTS.jpg

IxqBSpD.jpg

rJbwMAN.jpg

At the Disneyland Hotel, our driver had to pop the trunk and the guard looked underneath the vehicle. A not so fun reminder of the world we live in.

We left our luggage with Bell Services so that they could scan it and told us to check in. Check-in was going ok until two people came up to us telling us we had a knife in our luggage. I said, no we don’t have a knife. And they continued to insist I was lying so I had to go out there with them so they could ‘show me.” When I got to the luggage X-Ray, there was a security guard along with two other bell services employees who kept insisting I was trying to bring a weapon in. They scanned the luggage and then opened it to prove me wrong. Well, joke’s on them. It was a wine bottle opener. Something they also provided within your room. They didn’t apologize either but we were allowed back inside so we could finish check in. Not a very welcoming experience to the hotel.

At check in, I got our room keys and we were told how to get to our room (upstairs - across the atrium and then an elevator to the 2nd floor) so we headed that way and were told bell services would be bringing our luggage shortly. We unpacked our backpacks that we had on us until our luggage arrived.

FNqw8UF.jpg

xbhknz5.jpg

dE8SFax.jpg

ZgCD8hp.jpg

ZDHpxUz.jpg

cM50WV4.jpg

We got settled in before heading out to the Expo.​

RunDisney Expo & Dinner

When we left the hotel, it was nice to not have to go back through security as you moved between the hotel, village or the parks. We walked to the back end of the Village to where the RunDisney Expo was taking place. I was glad we had printed out our waivers in Paris as the line to get inside the expo was bad enough. I think it took about 30 minutes to get to where we were in line until we were allowed inside the building. At least I got to pass the time watching people.

B9byAmA.jpg

JEUuR4P.jpg

Mickey in Disney Village

iclQNS8.jpg

E9lZDF6.jpg

ZgnHamt.jpg

Z73GQpP.jpg

While in the RunDisney Expo Line

C3Fbh4p.jpg

Almost there!

Inside, my husband and I split up as I had to go to the 5K & 10K packet pick up and he had to go to the 31K challenge pick up and the Chateau to Castle challenge pick up area as well. These lines took time and while my husband was in one of his lines - I got all our shirts exchanged for the next size up as European sizes were smaller than we ever expecting even going up one size from normal.

We then split up again so I could wait in line to get our Photopass voucher set up. It was a slow process but I did get a magnet as well during this wait as we took turns looking at the small amount of merchandise they offered.

aPrEwS2.jpg

My husband was excited to see what vendors would be at the Expo so when we left the main area, we were saddened to see this…

OctSFIS.jpg

ndKwUZD.jpg

That isn’t an expo.

Defeated, we took our bibs and shirts and decided to look around the stores in Disney Village before getting dinner. First stop was the lego store where I drooled over the Star Destroyer that I can’t afford yet (although my mother is buying me that for Christmas as I’m a 33 year old spoiled child) and we looked at the art store but didn’t buy anything. I did get a Spirit Jersey and a stuffed Stitch at one of the big merchandise stores.

KlctMSN.jpg

2UCslyQ.jpg

XTL38wS.jpg

bnNnhp0.jpg

q9ZolZz.jpg

My husband wanted a burger so we decided to try out Annette’s. It was also a cheap option so that made us happy as well. (We had planned on eating cheap in Disneyland Paris due to our choice of eating at 2 different Michelin restaurants on the first portion of the trip & I’m glad we made that decision in the coming days)
While reviewing our menus, the server brought us our silverware we would need. Apparently they knew we needed some knives.

ypnG8ah.jpg

No Forks For You!

We also had the healthy beverage of a root beer float. Isn’t that what just goes with a diner anyway?

8KWitWB.jpg

Root Beer Floats

My husband had a cheeseburger and fries and he was very happy with this. We were kinda over fancy food anyway so nice and simple was exactly what we needed!

PPruWhE.jpg

Cheeseburger

I had a footlong hotdog covered in cheese with fries. I remember the bun feeling like it was too chewy to be a hotdog bun but it still ate fine and I was happy with my lowbrow meal.

qK4HUyM.jpg

Hotdog

My husband’s meal came with the brownie ala mode and we know how much that man loves ice cream and chocolate. It was gone quick!

7b7RnP4.jpg

Brownie ala Mode

The server made me accompany him to the waiter station to pay which seemed odd? But I settled the bill and we headed back to the hotel.

0XPNiPr.jpg

Disneyland Hotel

If you noticed our dinner lacked any adult beverages, we noticed it too. We headed to Cafe Fantasia after dropping off the RunDisney Expo items to get a drink. We noticed open seats at the bar but as we approached, a server told us those were taken and we couldn’t sit there. We debated on calling it but at that time a party left the bar and the server sighed and said fine we can have the newly opened ones. Way to make us feel welcomed to spend money.

yHUWy6a.jpg

Shopping Goodies

I can’t remember if I had the Symphonie or Concerto cocktail but I do remember I got something that was on the more bitter side. I enjoyed it as it was a drink that made me take my time rather than quickly disappearing.

Ujg7HZy.jpg

Symphonie or Concerto

My husband surprised me and ordered a rum & coke with lime. I don’t think he was paying much attention to the menu. He was annoyed and I think we should have just called it and went back to the room but I was a stubborn girl. He did enjoy his drink though and the bartenders were nice which made up for the server issues.

rmLWx0S.jpg

Cuba Libre

We thought about a second round but we decided against it and headed back to the room to get ready for a long day of park time and then a race for me.​

:D We are at DLP and yay for normal food ;-) I went to Annette's on my last visit. I hadn't been there for a few years and I was really pleasantly surprised with the burger.

By the way, at Disney not so much, but in other restaurants in Europe it's not uncommon to have to go to the waiter station to pay. I think where I live it's about 50/50, I think what the procedure is. Depends a bit on the place. Places like Annette's and the 'cheaper' table service restaurants usually it's going to the station to pay. At the more upscale restaurants you'll have the bill delivered to your table.

It's now the 19th in your report? So first day of the Expo? We arrived in the afternoon, when the first queues had dissolved, but I think we still spend 30 minutes getting all our runner stuff. And then about 30 minutes in line at the register to buy merchandise.

And for the guards at the hotel. As you say, 'It's the world we live in'. After all the (terrorist) attacks France has been through the last few years, Disneyland Paris considered as a very likely spot terrorists will plan a next attack. If something symbolizes the evil of the Western world, it's Disney, is the theory. :(

Love you you land in DL Paris and have a burger and hot dog!!!!

That is a pretty sad aka non-existent expo. Here I was looking forward to seeing all the cool French disney gear in hopes I could convince Jason to try it sometime. Though between that and the amazing "service" you are experiencing so far not so sure we want to do that

:D We are at DLP and yay for normal food ;-) I went to Annette's on my last visit. I hadn't been there for a few years and I was really pleasantly surprised with the burger.

By the way, at Disney not so much, but in other restaurants in Europe it's not uncommon to have to go to the waiter station to pay. I think where I live it's about 50/50, I think what the procedure is. Depends a bit on the place. Places like Annette's and the 'cheaper' table service restaurants usually it's going to the station to pay. At the more upscale restaurants you'll have the bill delivered to your table.

It's now the 19th in your report? So first day of the Expo? We arrived in the afternoon, when the first queues had dissolved, but I think we still spend 30 minutes getting all our runner stuff. And then about 30 minutes in line at the register to buy merchandise.

And for the guards at the hotel. As you say, 'It's the world we live in'. After all the (terrorist) attacks France has been through the last few years, Disneyland Paris considered as a very likely spot terrorists will plan a next attack. If something symbolizes the evil of the Western world, it's Disney, is the theory. :(

Ha about the normal food! I mean, I like fancy food but normal food is good too. Need balance in our life!

We did have to go up to the bar to pay in Chartes at the beginning of the trip but that was our only experience doing so when a waiter was involved. If I hadn't seen him have other people pay at the table, I wouldn't have commented either.

Oh my - that register for merchandise/photopass activation was bad! It did take a while to get through all that. Lucky you on avoiding the queue to get in the expo. We had made sure to avoid the opening rush and we still got it. Its all good. Glad you had better luck in it all!

Yeah - I get the terrorist attack risks. Before the trip, people would always tell me about the terrorist attacks in Paris but I can't live my life terrified about how I may go out. I rather be around of my surroundings and just see the things I want to in life. I am glad we left Paris when we did as the I know the yellow vest protests happened that weekend as we ran into someone in line at one of the parks that said they ended up stuck in their hotel that day as no one could get anywhere.

Love you you land in DL Paris and have a burger and hot dog!!!!
Keeping it classy!

That is a pretty sad aka non-existent expo. Here I was looking forward to seeing all the cool French disney gear in hopes I could convince Jason to try it sometime. Though between that and the amazing "service" you are experiencing so far not so sure we want to do that

Oh, my husband was very disappointed as he wanted French running gear as well. That said, we are glad we did it once. If RunDisney is how you can go visit Paris & Disneyland Paris, just go in with an open mind and have fun for what it is. It might have been smarter to have the France/Paris fun after the race weekend but we didn't plan it that way.

Extra Magic Hours Morning at Disneyland Paris

We woke up naturally around 7AM and got ready for the day. There were Extra Magic Hours that started at 8:30AM in Disneyland Paris that we were planning on taking part of, so we headed towards the gates around 8AM and went through the EMH line so we could get inside the park and wait.

We got a few pictures down Main Street before we headed towards Fantasyland and waited until it officially opened at 8:30AM. They had started their decorations for Halloween as well.

wJSJgio.jpg

tJthw4K.jpg

smRxuCM.jpg

uWhvqKb.jpg

grwjLBB.jpg

Our first ride was Les Voyages de Pinocchio as Snow White was not yet running.

ezV5xXQ.jpg

PKepSXP.jpg

We then headed to Discoveryland to try out their Space Mountain but that ride wasn’t yet running. We picked up a Paper FP+ for later so that we wouldn’t miss out and went to Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast.

4v004dZ.jpg

Discoveryland

XavbDNU.jpg

sJ0wB52.jpg

We didn’t do so well.

When we got out, Space Mountain had started running! We loved the steam punk vibes of the que and how it had been updated with Star Wars throughout.

JXZuTm4.jpg

I also find our Photopass Photo amusing here.

pU3tsuc.jpg

Wall-E

We headed towards Star Tours before Extra Magic Hour was over. It was fun hearing our favorite spells in French (and the monitor to the side had English translations)

E71QHv2.jpg

cINEf4J.jpg

Star Tours

sL6SUI1.jpg

Star Tours Queue

PyzTOdV.jpg

Listening To French Star Tours

Our fast pass for the second ride on Space Mountain was ready so we did that before heading over to Adventureland.

ZaO4cgG.jpg

More Disneyland

We got in line for Big Thunder Mountain as it was only 20 minutes. We made it as far as the ramps where it splits into two lines when the ride shut down and we were told to turn around and leave.

ZZ9ZuB5.jpg

x9xbY9J.jpg

8aml7K3.jpg

w0OlDVz.jpg

And with that, we headed over to Phantom Manor.

zw7KFJY.jpg

OneQPGe.jpg

rWsPyt8.jpg

Phantom Manor was absolutely amazing. I loved how it really told a clear story and the special effects were better than anything I’ve seen at Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

Afc9ZvH.jpg

I picked up some salted popcorn as I was hungry. It was a bit bland when compared to what I’m used to in the states but at least it succeeded in making my stomach less hungry before we headed to a ride we usually actively avoid at WDW - It’s A Small World.

6ewWfRT.jpg

CjH5GJc.jpg

Dd9oyX8.jpg

51oUr8z.jpg

WpI55oW.jpg

I liked how colorful their displays for the ride were and the excess to the US as I’m used to just seeing a cowboy and Indian to represent the states!

From there we headed into Alice’s Curious Labyrinth which was a fun way to kill some time.

GN1RBzQ.jpg

eO6DZ3D.jpg

jYwiEZk.jpg

20ZyEir.jpg

HjVdVGu.jpg

0l6OvME.jpg

kIQLLir.jpg

We went towards Pirates of the Caribbean and got in line when the ride shut down after we were in it for about 15 minutes…

Q8hO5W3.jpg

So back to Fantasyland where we did Snow White before deciding to leave the park and head over to Walt Disney Studios.

3Itul4w.jpg

oJTjqmA.jpg

TcGnEGo.jpg

kru9ly0.jpg

9vnyvDa.jpg

uP6RnOr.jpg

Early Afternoon at Walt Disney Studios

JeDQJHg.jpg

X4Rvb2Z.jpg

X4Rvb2Z.jpg

At Walt Disney Studios, we headed through the entry plaza and were happy to discover the “Le Rendez-Vous Gourmand de DIsneyland Paris” was going on as we both decided to partake in an item or two today as we were hungry. At the Spain booth, we each got an order of Churros - mine came with nutella but my husband skipped that on his. We were happy as we were hungry and this hit the spot.

G9aX0bs.jpg

tPDrNIj.jpg

Churros

We next got a beer from the Belgian Booth before getting in line for our first ride at the studios.

GMAKpXa.jpg

Belgian Beer

What ride? The Studio Tram Tour as it said it was only a 20 minute wait. Whoever set the wait at 20 minutes lied as we spent more like 45 minutes there. The ride seemed like a sad version of the original MGM version of the ride. I also think they thought Dinotopia was going to be a better hit than it was considering the amount of displays from that movie. I did enjoy experiencing Catastrophe Canyon as I do miss that part of Hollywood Studios.

cpOGrUn.jpg

2k9oXmH.jpg

s3rPxdp.jpg

2CtXJTX.jpg

Wdl9Eeq.jpg

9lNhqqF.jpg

tczwcdy.jpg

We walked through their Toy Story land which had lines everywhere and went towards Ratatouille so we could become a mouse! This ride was adorable and I’m so excited for when it opens at EPCOT and I can experience it fully in English rather than the mixture! My husband enjoyed the ride but noted that the movements with the 3-D could be a bit much if he didn’t have food in his stomach (yay for Churros!)

VBGbRVl.jpg

rcW4wpb.jpg

KYOA0Cc.jpg

a0y5WaW.jpg

We had some time to kill before our dinner reservations, so we just wandered until 3PM.

UtU90Bd.jpg

FxhHzJD.jpg

889YTB9.jpg

njckTSl.jpg

We checked in about 15 minutes before our reservation and were quickly sat in the back of the restaurant and after a bit of a wait for the server to visit us, we placed our order.

wyMhdue.jpg

Bistrot Chez Remy

We both got the same starter and um, it may be the worst thing I’ve ever experienced in my life. It tasted like cold canned cheap pasta sauce, as in worse than Chef Boyardee but like the dollar store version of it So after those initial bites, we didn't touch it and had to make sure to tell the server to clear since I know they won’t typically clear plates that look that untouched.

qmq77U2.jpg

Seasonal Soup with Cream Cheese & Finely-Chopped Herbs

My husband got the grilled steak and he said it was just ok. It was cooked to his requested medium and it filled his stomach but not something he would order again.

REs4TTz.jpg

Grilled Steak, Ratatouille and French Fries

I went with the daily special which was a duck confit. I think I had the winning dish as the duck was well cooked. My husband stole all my green beans as well as he enjoyed those more than his steak and we fought over my potatoes.

E0p3Uaz.jpg

Daily Special - Duck Confit w/ Potatoes & Green Beans

Overall, Bistrot Chez Remy was a fail for us. I like the concept but the execution was bleh.

We headed out of the park after dinner to relax in the room for a bit before I needed to get ready to run a 5K and I wanted at least an hour nap before I headed to the corrals.​

RunDisney Disneyland Paris 5k

After my too short of a nap, I got dressed in my running gear and said goodbye to my husband. He was going to spend the evening relaxing in the room, watching tv on his laptop or playing video games, or whatever made him happy. I can tell you he was happy he wasn’t running though as we spent 8 hours in the parks already this day.

XiVXBSX.jpg

I headed through the Disney Village and the ‘security’ check which wasn’t much as I had no bags on me and my room key, credit card and park ticket were happily inside my Sparkle Skirt.

The pre-show for the expo was much different than WDW. There were some attempts to get the crowds motivated but it didn’t seem to work that well. I know I smiled at two things - the preview for Lady & the Tramp on Disney+ and the man who had a wonderful race snack plan with a sandwich in his pants. Hopefully whoever this is isn’t on the boards & offended that I took a picture of his backside. It was for the sandwich, I swear!

24tJx4z.jpg

Q1bLc2a.jpg

When the race started, it actually felt wonderful at the start. There were crowds along the path for most of the first 1K cheering you along. I couldn’t help but smile at all that encouragement! Not sure if the crowds were so large because of the time of day or just general race support.

MR0gWuO.jpg

Along the way, a group of alien invaders passed me

LzJ0Rgo.jpg

I hit my first kilometer and then I ran into a Country Bear. Didn’t realize they were out in Paris too!

6XFUclT.jpg

1XXIRAm.jpg

Frontierland was beautiful lighted up at night

E0LoCMp.jpg

Bolt & his Cat friend were out to play

P086KhM.jpg

And then it was the 2nd kilometer!

65MAlxL.jpg

Dug hung out until his buddy Turk came to steal his place.

K5eYECb.jpg

And then I was done with the 3rd kilometer!

3pzWnAt.jpg

Thumper & his lady were saying hello

FF1e1IG.jpg

4th kilometer!

A1wXrTn.jpg

And then we ran along the Studio Tram Tour Path and the Lights Motor Actions!

LqwbTjw.jpg

Pluto greeted us all at the finish line!

MrmqFr7.jpg

Overall the course went by quick. I think because all the signs were for the kilometers, it just felt faster than the mile signs as it broke up the race differently in my mind even though it was the same distance.

At the end of the race, we were given water, apple juice and shelf-stable chocolate milk along with sunbreaks, a banana and a snack packet with many options that weren’t that good but I ate what I could to just get some food in my stomach.

mWtYByF.jpg

U9sS696.jpg

TBqMalr.jpg

Illuminations at Disneyland Paris

Having had the handful of things from the boxes that I would have enjoyed, I powered on and went back into Disneyland Paris so that I could see Illuminations as when looking at the schedule for the next couple of days, this would be my best shot of seeing it due to timing. I felt gross as I’m never one of those people that go back into the park post run but it was either that or no show for me!

79BPrwm.jpg

I was still hungry though and had to work with the options on Main Street that were open. That meant Casey’s Corner. I got in line and it was slow moving. They were ending service and shutting down lines and kept making people move. I ended up ordering Hot Dog Cheddar Sauce & Crispy Onion as who doesn’t love fried onions and hot cheese? I also picked up a bottle of sparkling water to hydrate.
i7k8mPl.jpg

Food in hand, I headed outside and found a decent spot to stand for the show. The hot dog was meh especially in comparison to the one I had the day before but it at least got food in my stomach.

And then the show began!

gylxb6N.jpg

4zzIo6h.jpg

nWd1oEk.jpg

6z8sTbi.jpg

d30CJgB.jpg

2pUvsOH.jpg

9fKNuxs.jpg

kUTKw3t.jpg

WvkgaNj.jpg

6E8wrdE.jpg

I really enjoyed the night time show but I also wanted to avoid the crowds leaving the park so after 15 minutes, I began moving my way back down Main Street while still enjoying the show so that when it was over, I was quickly out of the park and into my hotel. I was so glad I had almost zero walk to get back to the hotel too. I cleaned up and crashed as in less than 10 hours, I would be running a 10K. My husband was already dead asleep before I was back in the room.​

The country bears are rarily out in Disneyland Paris, as hardly anyone knows them ;) i have never seen the movie(s?) they are in.

Nice job! Loved the characters! I really hope that my run gals and I do this 2020!!! Super excited!!! Can’t wait to hear about the 10K!
Side note, you’ll be at marathon weekend, right?!!!

The country bears are rarily out in Disneyland Paris, as hardly anyone knows them ;) i have never seen the movie(s?) they are in.

The County Bears aren't from a movie but rather an attraction that was originally intended for a ski resort Walt Disney was going to do but never came to be. Instead it was an opening day attraction for Walt Disney World and then opened in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. I can see why Disneyland Paris doesn't know them though!

Nice job! Loved the characters! I really hope that my run gals and I do this 2020!!! Super excited!!! Can’t wait to hear about the 10K!
Side note, you’ll be at marathon weekend, right?!!!

I hope you all can do it in 2020 too and get to have a wonderful time!

We will be at Marathon Weekend. We're there the 8th to 13th at the Boardwalk as my husband is running Dopey.

The County Bears aren't from a movie but rather an attraction that was originally intended for a ski resort Walt Disney was going to do but never came to be. Instead it was an opening day attraction for Walt Disney World and then opened in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. I can see why Disneyland Paris doesn't know them though!

I hope you all can do it in 2020 too and get to have a wonderful time!

We will be at Marathon Weekend. We're there the 8th to 13th at the Boardwalk as my husband is running Dopey.
Yay!!! I’m there 8-13! First three nights at AKV, then the next two at BWV! Hope to see you there! I’m doing dopey too! Are you going to run at any races?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!