I know it's early...

We always called the champagne birthdays - my middle girls will turn 14 on the 14th and 16 on the 16th two days apart so we are planning a champagne birthday trip in 5 years lol

I think the mods with rooms for 5 are a good bet. You can put the 5th kid in a room of 2 or 3 but depending on how close everyone is that gets trickier with breaking down costs or dining plan credits etc. and when traveling with a big group I imagine simplest is best.

Thanks for all the ideas! And Golden Birthday to us means you turn the age of the date of your birthday (22 on the 22nd) as other posters have mentioned. So I've priced room, tickets, and dining plan for a similar week in 2019 knowing that this will just be a ballpark number for everyone to have in their heads.

I included PoP, AoA, POR, POFQ, CBR, Poly, and DVC rental estimates for the Poly and the Contemporary. At AoA, I put my parents in with a family of 3 and a family of 4 in my quotes. It turns out in both of those cases that 2 rooms at PoP are quite a bit less expensive than one AoA suite. That surprised me.

Incidentally, I priced the dining plan because it will help give people a food budget whether or not we actually do the dining plan.

If it was just the 3 of us going, I think I would choose the DVC Contemporary option. I know my mom wants to stay at POFQ. I also know that neither of those options will work for the whole group together. We might end up all over the place. That wouldn't be too bad but it would cut down on being able to help with each other's kids. If a niece or nephew needs to call it a day and the rest of their family is still energetic, maybe someone else is tired too and could take them back to the resort without worrying about having to figure out how to get back to their own different resort later.

So, either we're all over the place or we compromise and all stay at POR or CBR - which would be totally ok! These are problems I'm happy to have at this point. :rolleyes1

Something I've run into with multifamily trips, not necessarily to WDW but anywhere in general is that the kids always want to sleep where they're trip bestie is sleeping. It always happens that the older girls want to be in the same room and the boys all want to sleep over in a room together so for that trying to keep everyone in the same resort is a good thing and may help with the larger families having too many for their room and a smaller family having extra space in theirs. All depends on how close the kids are and if the aunts and uncles are ok with some kids swapping for sleeping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!