I just watched the Godfather Part I and II

The position is open now. :rolleyes1

Turns out it wasn't a mob hit after all. The mob boss didn't like some guy dating one of his female relatives. The guy got mad and whacked him. :sad2: Probably didn't even know that he whacked the Boss.

He's not going to last long in prison. :duck:

I have to wonder though. . . :scratchin If you're the mob boss, would you rather get taken out by a rival mob? Or just hit by a random guy who had nothing to do with the mob?

I think I'd rather be whacked by a rival mob. There's some dignity & honor in going down that way. They saw you as a threat and rubbed you out. You live by a code, you die by that code. But, being whacked by some random guy? Sheesh! :sad2:

Did you see the guy in his court appearance on the news? Wouldn't be surprised if he's found not competent to stand trial. Unless he's making a very calculated play to appear that way, it seems like the guy has already checked out of the penthouse.

Never saw them.
I mean... if I want to hear about the mob.. I can read the newspaper out of NY. The latest mob hit in Staten Island.
Yes, after decades of no mob hits. There is really no mention of mob activities in this area anymore (and scenes of the Sopranos were filmed in my town, and residents jailed back in the 80’s).

There is a combo Godfather 1/Godfather2 edit that is about 6 or 7 hours long that is awesome. HBO aired it a couple of years ago and it's interesting how long you
can watch before you need a break. It's so good you just forget about the time. It included some segments that were previously unreleased and made for a really enjoyable film to watch.

I saw it on cable a while back - they labeled it the 'Godfather Epic'. Well done - it took me a while to realize they had edited I and II to intertwine together into one really long as hell movie. :p

I watched Godfather i once. I thought it was boring.

I should try again sometime.

Same thing for me. I thought they were boring the first time I watched them in the late 90’s. Oddly enough, I watched the first one again a week or so ago and thought it was really good.

That's my family Kaye, it's not me . Kaye should have said thanks for the food and ran back to wherever she was from.

Did you see the guy in his court appearance on the news? Wouldn't be surprised if he's found not competent to stand trial. Unless he's making a very calculated play to appear that way, it seems like the guy has already checked out of the penthouse.

Makes it even worse for a mob boss to be rubbed out by a random guy that's looney tunes. :sad2:

Either way, that guy is a dead man walking. :duck:

Ugh, my DH's favorite movie as well, has them on DVD. I've watched a few scenes but just can't take all the violence. When it's on I scram.

He likes Goodfella's too, another violent one, I did see at the movies with him. I just can't get over people doing some of those things to other people. The older I get the less I can watch those types of movies.

One thing I noticed first watching them only a few years ago was how much of a cliche they seemed. Except it's everything else that is the cliche, these movies are genesis for the genre.

I really liked the Marlon Brando character. His death scene in his garden with a grandson, was really special.

As an aside, has anyone seen the British series called Peaky Blinders? At one point a new character appears, a gangster from America played by Adrian Brody, and when he first spoke it made me think, is he doing a Brando as Don Corleone impersonation?

i love that amc runs both 1 and 2 repeatedly on thanksgiving day each year-it's the perfect 'family' movie:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter