"I just wanna feel some sunshine" - 2019 Training Journal

Week 3

January 14th

I did go to lunch yoga again this Monday! Little more flexible than last week.

Another race was added to my schedule - the Insane Inflatable 5K in Fort Myers on April 20th, 2019. There will be no time goal for this as I am doing this with my co-workers as our spring outing.

January 15th

I ended up skipping my wine dinner to go eat dinner with my husband at Tacos & Tequila. I was reminded that I hate season as to sit inside was over an hour wait but we could be immediately seated outside. Being cold was a better option for us!

January 16th

Rally class tonight with Gantu! Having an intact male around a female that was apparently in season meant I got an arm workout as well. One track mind! Thankfully, cheese got his attention again and we were able to get through class just fine. Our first competition is next weekend. I’m super nervous as when he’s done, he’s done and we are the very last run of the day.

I also signed up for Zoo Yoga on Sunday so that will be nice to get two yogas in 1 week!

January 17th

Went to see Cher with my best friend up in Estero! It was a good show, especially considering she is 72 years old. I got home way later than expected since she did have an opening act.

n4Ls9vi.jpg

p2QzRJI.jpg

il9l3LN.jpg

mCMOA4r.jpg

MvtWQb1.jpg

January 18th

I haven’t a clue what I did this day. I didn’t run or walk. I really need to stop being lazy.

January 19th

We had Rally class at our other training place. We are starting to work on running jumps which was fun although those don’t exist until advanced level. My husband let me know when we returned from class that the end of our street was covered in needles along the sides near what we deem the ‘trash’ house. Super frustrating for Gantu as that meant our walk plan was out for the morning since my husband and I had plans for the afternoon.

January 20th

I had full intention on running before zoo yoga. I got to the zoo early so I could run at the Greenway we walk Gantu at sometimes and it started pouring thanks to the cold front coming through. So I sulked in my car for an hour. I’m glad it cleared up before the 9:30 yoga although parts of the zoo were flooded but that meant we were placed between the leopard & bongo enclosure which was nice and different than being in their plaza area.

At home, Gantu & I did sprints in the backyard a few different times although he always wins but it worked on tiring him (and well me) out. I also did meal prep for lunches for the week so I won’t have an excuse to go out to eat.

Totals for Week:
Walking: 0
Run: 0
Yoga: 2
Lunches: 4 / 5

Totals for Year:
Walking: 3.69 Miles
Run: 0 miles
Yoga: 3
Lunches: 9 / 11

Week 4

January 21st

Today is Gaston’s 11th Birthday! Only because he’s older is why I’ll let him get away with being spoiled. Case in point is how I slept the night before. He’s rather spoiled that I let him get away with all my pillow.

mvwUFAd.jpg

I had today off for MLK day. First time I’ve had that in years. My husband had it off too since he had a tattoo appointment at 12:30. We ended up heading to a local park around 8:15AM for a 2.15 mile walk with Gantu. He was a bit faster this time around for an overall speed of 26:02.

I also found out that one of my coworkers at my previous job passed away on Saturday unexpectedly. I worked very closely with him during my almost 6 years there. He was only 52 years old.

January 22nd

I was in a funk all day. My mind was going a million miles a minute but I know why it was happening as my mind kept going to that coworker.

January 23rd

Rally class today! It went really well.

January 24th

Nothing.

January 25th

While I went out to eat with coworkers, I did something I haven’t done in forever. I went for a run when I got home! Granted, it was short and slow but I did it. 1.35 miles at 17:33. Gotta start somewhere.

January 26th

We had rally class at our other training location. I also signed up Gantu for CGCA classes to start in the middle of February. I ended up skipping the Rally competition today as I had my former coworker’s funeral to attend in the afternoon. I probably could have made it to competition time as Novice A didn’t compete until 5:45PM but as it was an unknown, I didn’t want to drive 60 miles and find out I was too late.

January 27th

It was raining all day but I did get out for a walk with Gantu for about .50 miles. I needed to burn off the crazy. I wish it could have been longer but the rain kept getting heavier so I had to call it.

We had our first Rally Competition and it was a disaster. We got to number 6 of the 14 items and the judge told us to go as it wasn’t happening. I was overwhelmed with frustration and broke down after I got out of the ring. I guess, to find the positive in it is that I tired him out today with all the excitement of being at his first show.

QHn1C42.jpg

94M7xUm.jpg

Totals for Week:
Walking: 2.65 miles
Run: 1.35 miles
Yoga: 0
Lunches: 3 / 4

Totals for Year:
Walking: 6.34 Miles
Yoga: 3
Lunches: 12 / 15​

I’m so sorry to hear about your former coworker. 52 is way too young. Congrats on your run! Restarting can be frustrating and it’s easy to get down on yourself. At least that’s what I’ve experienced in my many restarts over the years. Good luck on this adventure!

I'm excited to follow along your journey and share the highs and lows. I'm climbing a proverbial mountain myself and also suffer from a lack of motivation from time to time. The steps might be small but they all add up and are the bricks in the road towards our goals :)

Cute pics of your pups! Sorry to hear about your coworker...

Yay for getting out for a run!! :cheer2:

Now I just need to get some more runs out there! At least the walks are happening!

I’m so sorry to hear about your former coworker. 52 is way too young. Congrats on your run! Restarting can be frustrating and it’s easy to get down on yourself. At least that’s what I’ve experienced in my many restarts over the years. Good luck on this adventure!

It is way too young. It really made me miss my coworkers from my old job as well although I know management hasn't changed so returning wouldn't be a smart choice. I'm glad you get the restarts!

I'm excited to follow along your journey and share the highs and lows. I'm climbing a proverbial mountain myself and also suffer from a lack of motivation from time to time. The steps might be small but they all add up and are the bricks in the road towards our goals :)

Highs and lows are all what I'm about! Thank you for joining in.

Week 5

January 28th

As my emotions were in all types of crazy places because of how bad Gantu’s first Rally competition went on Sunday, I was really happy that the yoga at work was a calmer flow this time around and focused on shoulders and hips. Those are my two areas that tend to hold onto my stress and it felt so good to work on them.

January 29th

Gantu’s first birthday! I’m a crazy dog parent, I know! So here's one of my favorite puppy photos of him!

wBxOX8x.png

January 30th

Gantu and I went to his Rally Class although I decided we were going to take a break from training for Rally for the month of February and focus on strengthening basic commands around distractions to work towards Canine Good Citizen Advanced.

January 31st

Should have gone for a run! Gantu had daycare today so I was going to finally have time to play Kingdom Hearts as he should be tired. After trouble shooting for a while, determined that Amazon gave me a bum disk! Super sad. My husband though being the sweet man that he is stopped by Gamestop on his way home from work and got me a working one.

February 1st

I got nothing.

February 2nd

Since we weren’t heading to our other training location for Rally Class, Gantu and I headed to the local community park. We got 1.02 miles in and apparently a huge Group Run/Community Clean Up was about to start so I called it before it turned into a pulling nightmare from all the excitement. I would have taken the easy route and used the Easy Walk if I had known. Oh well!

M5fNoD7.png

February 3rd

My husband was off today so when we woke up we decided to be lazy for our long walk and stay around the house and try out his new collar. We ended up going 2.12 miles around a 27 minute mile pace. Super glad my husband was with me as we ran into a fair amount of unleashed dogs on the street - some of which weren’t acting very friendly.

RVgGiUm.png

I was going to go to another yoga class but my husband wanted to go shopping to replace the ottoman we have in front of our bed to help Gaston get up there as what we had was like 11 years old and in need of replacement for a bit.

We were healthy for watching the super bowl though as I made bbq chicken breasts at home so we didn’t end up eating horribly with ordering food so I’ll take that as a win.

Totals for Week:
Walking: 3.14 miles
Run: 0 miles
Yoga: 1

Totals for Year:
Walking: 9.48 Miles
Yoga: 4
Lunches: 16 / 20​

Week 6

February 4th

Got all ready for Yoga at work but it was cancelled because the instructor was sick. At least I have my clothes here for next week!

February 5th

I ordered a stand-sit desk at work. Not sure when it will show up but I’m sitting way more than I used to. Gantu had class so we did a bit of running around there.

February 6th

Kingdom Hearts!

February 7th

I did some strength training at home.

February 8th

I hesitate to post the following but at the same time, I need to get it out of me. Originally we were supposed to be driving over to the other coast for my husband to run his first Ragnar this weekend. We paid his portion of the team fees back in September and details were to come for hotels and everything. As my husband has to request time early since they do schedules really far in advance, we submitted it as at the beginning of January, I thought it was still on. Well, when I tried to get details for this race weekend after Marathon Weekend, I got silence as did the other teammate when she reached out. I’m disappointed as my husband was really excited. If you’ve followed my various reports over the years, I’ve mentioned before my husband has anxiety. The Ragnar was pretty much the only reason I even got him to Happy Hour at Hurricane Hannah’s but that anxiety kept him by himself and why we left so early. I doubt I’ll get him to attend one of those events again. I’m also disappointed in the wall of silence from someone who I thought I was friends with. I guess I offended that person some way that I am unaware of or maybe there is some other reason that just wasn’t communicated. If it was being unable to find enough runners, I’m disappointed as I did know people around Naples that would have been able to easily join in. Either way, my mind is spinning in a bunch of different scenarios on what happened which probably isn’t a healthy thought process. Now we’re out the money we paid to be apart of the team and 20 vacation hours for my husband since it was too late for him to pull the request with his work post Marathon Weekend. At least I could cancel my vacation request and the dog boarding so we aren’t out that as well.

We went out for a wonderful French dinner instead around Naples and had a lovely bottle of Bordeaux to celebrate our anniversary.

February 9th

As my husband had the full weekend off and he supposed to be running on sand, I decided to make him run on sand anyway! We took a trip up to Sanibel with Gantu. Gaston was left at home since he’s 11 and probably couldn’t walk that much on uneven surfaces. We ended up walking 2.35 miles when it was all said and done but that doesn’t include the attempts of trying to get Gantu in the water as I didn’t keep my phone with me at all points. He is scared of noisy waves but the silent ones were fine! The weather was perfect and uncrowded in the morning.

SNrDKZv.jpg

GezSc4z.jpg

lN0bdxo.jpg

5JlDeQl.jpg

osn0za0.jpg

t56zBcM.jpg

February 10th

I did run the loop around our house. It was better this time than last. Not a very exciting run but at least it happened!

Totals for Week:
Walking: 2.35 miles
Run: 1.31 miles
Lunches: 5 / 5

Totals for Year:
Walking: 11.83 Miles
Run: 2.66 miles
Yoga: 4
Lunches: 21 / 25​

Obviously I don't know the whole story but I'm so sorry about your Ragnar disappointment. I do love the beach shots with your pup though.

Obviously I don't know the whole story but I'm so sorry about your Ragnar disappointment. I do love the beach shots with your pup though.

Its ok! I feel like I don't know the whole story either!

What a bummer for your husband! I hope you enjoyed the beach with the pup!

Yes, that is what was the most upsetting since I knew he was looking forward to it. Live & learn I guess!

Week 7

February 11th
Yoga was not cancelled this week which was nice! She was focused on balance today which was fine. Each time I’m regaining some of my flexibility that I lost so that’s helpful.

February 12th
My sit-stand desk was delivered today at work. I set it up myself which apparently is strange for people around here. Oh well! I have no problem moving equipment around myself to make sure that I have it as I like it.

At lunch, I did Tai-Chi. They offered a free 2 week session for $75 of healthy bucks so I figured I might as well give it a shot. Not sure of the work out benefits of it but at least it got me up and moving from my desk.

February 13th
Nothing

February 14th
Only day I didn’t eat lunch at the office but I had to mail something out at lunch and go to the mall to pick up a present so I grabbed something there. Still not doing too bad though on that goal!

February 15th

February 16th
We ended up only doing a 1.30 mile walk this morning at a local park as we had to cut it short thanks to some jerks with aggressive dogs unleashed at the park. I know my dog is large & strong enough that he can inflict damage if he feels threatened so we thought it was wise to head back to the car. We should have gone at 7AM rather than later in the morning. Super frustrating!

February 17th
We did a nice long walk with Gantu. 2.05 miles! No random unleashed dogs so that was a plus!

Later in the afternoon, I did my 1.35 mile loop near the house.

Totals for Week:
Walking: 3.35 miles

Totals for Year:
Walking: 15.18 Miles
Run: 4.01 miles
Yoga: 5
Lunches: 25 / 30​

Week 8

February 18th

I had Monday off of work. We started the day with a 1.58 mile walk with Gantu to tire him out. We also ran around in the yard some although I think I’m going to have to stop running with him back there as we have some newly dug holes that I need not to risk my ankle with.

In non-exercise news, I completed Kingdom Hearts this afternoon! Glad I had tired out the dog as that final sequence meant 2 hours of straight play/cut-scene watching.

February 19th
At lunch, I did Tai-Chi again. It was a nice way to break up the day and get moving. I may do it again when it is offered at my work location during lunch. Looking at the schedule for the wellness program, it doesn't look like March has anything exercise-related at my location other than the ongoing yoga I have on Mondays. Hopefully April has more choices!

When I got home from work, I knew I needed to wear out the dog & I had energy still. We headed to the park for my first run with Gantu. It was slow - we only went .93 miles in 19:40 minutes but we had some bathroom stops along the way. Overall, it went pretty well I thought as he didn’t pull much on the waist leash during the run and we had some good spots. As he’s still young, I wouldn’t want to bring him along on a run more than once or twice a week.

Screen Shot 2019-03-03 at 8.24.22 AM.png

February 20th

February 21st

February 22nd

February 23rd

We did a 1.84 mile walk today with Gantu.

February 24th
Had brunch with one of my RunDisney friends that was in town visiting her parents. When they said large format Sea Shell - they meant large format!

Later that afternoon, I did my easy 1.35 mile loop to the end of the street and back.

Totals for Week:
Walking: 3.42 miles
Run: 2.28 miles
Lunches: 4/4

Totals for Year:
Walking: 18.6 Miles
Run: 6.29 miles
Yoga: 5
Lunches: 29 / 34​

Week 9

February 25th

Yoga at work again! It was all about twists today.

February 26th

Recall class with the brute!

February 27th

February 28th

March 1st

I finished my Stained Glass Acrylic Puzzle I had been working on all week after work.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 7.36.07 AM.png

March 2nd
Run & Walk this morning with Gantu before we restarted Rally Class.

We did a 1 mile run & a .82 mile walk. I did this before Rally Class in hopes that he would be better behaved. That didn’t happen. Oh well, we may have to give up on Rally hopes but we have class for 3 more weeks.

This afternoon I had Naples Craft Beer Festival with two of my girlfriends so I was happy I had worked out before hand.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 7.35.06 AM.png

March 3rd
We did a 1.27 mile walk around at the local park.

Totals for Week:
Walking: 2.09
Run: 1

Totals for Year:
Walking: 20.69 Miles
Run: 7.29 miles
Yoga: 6
Lunches: 33 / 39

Week 10

March 4th

Yoga at work again! Shoulder openers which was good for me.

March 5th

March 6th

I booked our 2020 vacation! We’re going to Alaska on DCL at the end of season as the cost savings were wonderful.

March 7th

Captain Marvel!

March 8th

I went to the doctor that I was well overdue for. I’m now on a few medications I should have been on due to my PCOS along with one new one (thyroid) based off the bloodwork I had to take for my work health insurance.

March 9th

Busy morning that involved no running or walking. Gantu had Rally class at 8:30AM, then his nail appointment and then the vet for his kennel cough shot along with my picking up all my medication from CVS.

We had a Created by Craftswomen tasting at 4PM at our local Total Wine. Originally, I had gotten two tickets hoping one of my girlfriends could go with me (I hadn’t asked before hand) but one had her kids that weekend and the other was going to Ybor City so it didn’t work out. My husband joined me so we had fun instead.

March 10th

I had full intention of a 1 to 2 mile walk and a 1 mile run with the dog. That said and I know it is going to sound crazy but the monkey’s in the woods were out today at the Greenway and a scared 89 lb dog isn’t good for anyone. I think the monkeys either escaped from old roadside attractions or the zoo over the years/hurricanes. He protectively barked at random strangers to stay away and got super pully which is unusual for him. We were .5 miles into the walk and I called it and headed back to the parking lot. Now I need to figure out how to desentize him to monkey noises.

Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 7.35.30 AM.png

Totals for Week:
Walking: 1.02
Run: 0

Totals for Year:
Walking: 21.71 Miles
Run: 7.29 miles
Yoga: 7
Lunches: 37 / 44​

I never heard of a stained glass acrylic puzzle like that. That's neat!

I’ve seen from your Instagram that you put together a lot of puzzles. What do you do with them once you aren’t finished? We have glued a couple to poster board because we liked them so much. I justified it by saying that we put too much work into putting it together to just put all the pieces back in the box. Love the stained glass puzzle!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts