I just remember something about Sylvia that kind of shocked me.

J

jennabean13

I've been on these boards for years and mostly stick to the Community Board because its so much fun. I was here when there was only 1 board and a few of us would now and then get "off topic" and Peter would have to steer us in the right direction.

I am reading the thread about Breast Cancer touching our lives and it hits me as I reply. Sort of like in the cartoons when a giant hammer hits the character.

A few years ago, I am reading Sylvia's thread about her breast cancer coming back and her urging us to be checked. Having a mother die from breast cancer I am well aware of the possibility I could get it also. I read her message and know it's been 4 years since my last mammogram. I email her, she responds, she urges me to go now and be checked. Because of her mail, I make the appointment that I have put off for years. Everything is OK, but the nurses and techs know my history and tut tut me. I tell them I'll make sure and come by more often.

I email Sylvia and tell her because of her I am back on track and she's happy that I have gone back for testing.

It still amazes me how people - especially those on these boards touch our lives. I still feel sad about Sylvia even tho I didn't meet her. Those pics that Dan posted made her so real to me. That poor little Nick. It's funny, when I replied to her and told her I too am a Nick's mom. My Nick is 20 now.

Thanks for listening.

denise

:D
I never got to meet Sylvia either, but what a wonderful person she was!!

Glad you are keeping on track!

{{{{Hugs}}}}

<i>*REACHING THROUGH THE SCREEN TO GIVE DENISE A HUGE {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}*</I>

Isn't it amazing how someone we have never meet can touch our lives so deeply and leave such an impression.

I never met Slyvia, only replied to a few of her post, but I think of Her and Nick daily when I walk my garden path. Someone I never knew is wih me every time I garden. I never feel alone when I'm in the garden I can feel her presence watching over me and smiling back. Amazing.

It <b>is</b> amazing how much we are touched by others, here on the DIS, Denise.

I'm glad that everything worked out alright for you and that neglecting to have your mammogram in a timely manner didn't harm you at all.

That reminds me.....it's time for <b>my</b> mammogram. :)

What a great story, Denise. I am so glad you shared it with us.

Isn't it funny how we associate certain things with particular DIS'ers, and they have a special meaning to us?

Take you, for instance. You have inspired me to try Quilting, even though I can't really sew! I remember reading a post of yours a while back where you described the satisfaction you got from quilting, and it has remained in my memory. I just signed up for a class, can't wait to get started!

May we all continue to inspire one another! :)

Just came across this doing a search for something else. Strange, isn't it? So glad Sylvia affected you so, Denise. :D She was special, as are so many of us here. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter