I just booked Ireland! Have a question about adding extra nights...

Wonders10

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone!

After researching, posting, thinking, etc., I finally booked the Ireland vacation for next summer. My mom, niece (will be 8) and myself are goin on the June 20 trip and were able to get the EBD! :thumbsup2

We want to come in a day early and stay a day late. The reservationist said it wasn't open yet which I means it just can't be booked yet not that there are no rooms available? Anyway, will they automatically book it or call me when it opens up for booking or do I need to keep calling and asking if its available?

Thanks...so excited!!!!!

. . . We're going on an Adventure 10/2 and while I didn't run into a delay in making pre and post trip ressies and they were attentive to our need for those, their true strength is in the trips themselves. They are still feeling their way through the extras like the extra nights etc. In fact, when we went two years ago, you couldn't even book an extra night through them. I had to call the hotel directly and let them know I was with ABD, but I wanted an extra night.

You'll have a great time. Our first time was so great, we're eagerly awaiting our next one. We leave on 9/30 for Roma and La Costa Bella!

I believe that it just means that the dates are not yet in the AbD computer system to book. They're still waiting for the pre- and post-nights on three tours - Emerald Isle, Viva Italia and Once upon a Fairytale. I was able to get dates for all the other tours for clients, but I'm still waiting on those three.

I don't think they'll automatically add it, but if you told them you were interested, you should get a call when it's available to book. I'd check back in a few days because I did hear that Emerald Isle might be in the system by tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

Dotti

That's strange, when we booked our two pre-nights at the Westin on our ABD Ireland tour in May, we booked them at the time we booked the trip which was in Sep 07, 9 months out. Maybe things have changed...

Anyway, the rate was HALF off of what was listed on the the Westin website so it was defintely a good deal and oh yes - the rate included a full breakfast for everyone in the room each morning. The Westin is in a great location, right next door to Trinity College, Temple Bar is across the street and you are a block away from Grafton street.

We had an awesome time!

Thanks everyone...I think I will call tomorrow and see. Or maybe this afternoon if I'm bored. I really want to get those extra nights in there.

You all don't even know how long I've been wanting and talking about going to Ireland. Since middle of high school! I'm 28 now! I think the passing of my father at the beginning of the year (who was born and raised outside of Galway) really made me shift things into high gear and get this trip going. Only 9 months-ish away!

When I booked our trip to Australia back in August, the pre and post night reservations were available yet. They entered a note in their system to call me back when booking was available, which they promptly did. You could ask them to do the same thing for you, then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

i'm from the north so we probably won't bump into each other but just wanted to say i hope you have a great trip:thumbsup2 oh yes and remember to look out for those leprechauns!!! :rotfl:

I believe that it just means that the dates are not yet in the AbD computer system to book. They're still waiting for the pre- and post-nights on three tours - Emerald Isle, Viva Italia and Once upon a Fairytale. I was able to get dates for all the other tours for clients, but I'm still waiting on those three.

I don't think they'll automatically add it, but if you told them you were interested, you should get a call when it's available to book. I'd check back in a few days because I did hear that Emerald Isle might be in the system by tomorrow.

Hope this helps!

Dotti

Thats good to know Dotti. I am back from Imperial Cities and i am still wondering if my request for Fairytale pre-night is good. I asked about it before i left and they were not able to enter into the system although the dates were available.:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter