I have VERY sad news, friends...

This is sad news. My heart goes out to Nick and her Mom. Thanks Dan for a wonderful tribute to Sylvia. She will be sorely missed.........

When I saw the post from Pete this evening, my heart sank, as I knew what the news would bring.

I frist met Sylvia on these boards many months ago. We sent a few e-mails back and forth..just friendly chat, and I wanted to offer her my support while she was going through the trials of dealing with chemo.

She was a brave and courageous woman, with a warm and loving spirit.

Dan, what a beautiful tribute you wrote about your friend..thank you for sharing your words with all of us. I sit here with tears streaming down my face.

May she rest in peace now, pain free, in the loving arms of God.

My deepest sympathies to her family and Nick. May his memories of the happy times he shared with him mom bring him peace and comfort in the years to come.

Peggy Sue

I'm so incredibly saddened about this news, the night I return from WDW, that I can no longer be happy about my vacation. Maybe Sylvia would want me to be happy but, I feel such a loss! So young and pretty and, her son! I feel such pain right now.:( :(

I don't know what else to say. God's Blessings upon Sylvia and Nick and ALL her family! It's a sad day for me!

Such sad news. I have been out of state since Thursday and just returned. I am so sorry to hear that we have lost our Sylvia.

Katholyn

Just bumping up for those who may have missed last week's news regarding our friend, Sylvia, and are logging in for the first time in a few days here on Monday morning. Keep her in your prayers.

Thank you for bumping this up Dan. I have not been on in over a week and was just floored this morning when I read this.

May Sylvia rest in peace, and may God bless her family and friends.

I haven't been around, so I just read about this today.

Rest in peace, Sylvia. You will be missed. You were a very special person both on the DIS and off.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time.

*sheds a tear over another death due to cancer*

Mona

I did not know Sylvia, nor am I familiar with her posts. After reading Dan's tribute to her I felt that I need to add my condolences to all of you and her family. From what I read from all of you she seemed like a wonderfully sweet and positive person. My prayers go out to her family and friends. All of your responses brought tears to my eyes but they also brought a true realization to me. I realize now that this site is truly full of good people with good intentions and it makes me happy to be a part of it.

Rest in peace Sylvia.....

Beautiful tribute, Dan. Sylvia was truly blessed to have friends like you. My prayers will be with her families, and especially Nick.

I went away for 4 days to Savannah Ga. and it rained all 4 days........now I know why. They were the tears of those who knew and loved Sylvia so well. May God bless her family and especially Nick. Love, Faith P. H.

I am a friend of Sylvia's from acme dogchat....I just received word from a shared friend about her passing and I am still reeling.
My sympathies to all the rest of you who loved her.
She surely was one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure to know.
I am glad I got to know Sylvia and I will never forget her.

Well, we sure like to see new folks drop in to the DIS, Spooky, but so sad to welcome the handful we have this past week who were family and personal friends of Sylvia. Welcome, none-the-less, we do.

So nice of you to stop by and share Sylvia's life with us. She was indeed a very special lady, who never stopped smiling. Even the last few times I talked to her, I could hear her, through her sedation, chuckling a bit to my antics on the phone while trying to cheer her up.

Spooky, I hope to someday talk to you and do hope you stop back and visit with us now and then. OK? :D

Dan, just wanted to add another "Thank You" to you for all of these wonderful posts in memory of Sylvia. Although I did not know her, I can see what a truly wonderful woman she was. It is a terrible loss.

To her family and friends, my prayers and heartfelt sympathies go out to you all, especially Nick. Like Dan said, we are sorry to meet you under these circumstances, but we are so glad to see you at the Dis. So many here loved Sylvia. A member of your family was also part of this family. I hope you can draw comfort in knowing how many lives Sylvia touched. I look forward to meeting her in heaven!

for your kind words. I will be glad to stop in here more often.
Yes, Sylvia always found a way to cheer me up. I remember chatting with her one day and I was so angry at the beginning of the conversation because things were really difficult for me at the time....by the time we logged off she had me laughing :)
I'll miss her.....

Sorry I'm late, but I left for vacation on 6/7 and just got back on Sunday.

Though I never knew SylviaM, I do remember meeting NicksMom on the old boards.

I wish I had more experiences to share, but in a group this size, it's so hard to know everybody.

What I do know is how saddened and pained I feel at the loss of a member of the DIS family. Even worse, knowing how difficult it can be for those left behind. Worse yet, for a young child who has lost their Mother.

I am truly heartbroken for young Nick, as well as the rest of Sylvia's family and friends, at losing someone who obviously meant so much to them. She must have been one HECK of a special lady. :)

Rest in peace Dear Lady Sylvia. May you only know peace, love, and happiness from now until forever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!