I have VERY sad news, friends...

I never knew Sylvia, but it is obvious that she was blessed to have so many friends who cared about her so much. I will be praying for Nick and the rest of her family.:(

Oh my goodness!!! How terribly sad. I don't know what to say except that I wish I could've gotten to know Sylvia a little better. :(

I'm in shock this moment. I can't believe that Sylvia is gone.

About 4 weeks ago, I had the distinct honour of meeting Sylvia. After reading Dan's post about Sylvia entering the hospital for treatment, I thought I would pay her a visit. The hostpital she was at was just around the corner of my university. And since I was coming in from Toronto that day, I decided that it was the least I could do to drop in and visit her.

We talked for a few minutes, but I wanted to let her rest. She looked extremely tired. I always thought she would pull through and unfortunately, I wasn't able to visit her once more.

Sylvia: I pray that you have found peace and serenity. My heart goes out to her mother, family and especially Nick.

:(

Too young. Way too young.

A few months ago, a co-worker of mine passed away from cancer. She was also young, and a mom. So this news is hard to hear again.

If any good comes out of young people dying, it may be that I have been inspired to keep on top of my health and get checked out. I am not that far off in age than what Sylvia and my co-worker was when they passed.
Its difficult to justify when bad things happening to good people, and young people too. :(

Please- get yearly exams- NO MATTER what your age. Cancer is not just for old people. And if you dont feel well for a long time, or notice something odd, check it out and catch it early. This can save you!

I am glad the sufferring is done, but I ache for those left behind. My condolences.
:(

I'm so sad and feel such empathy for Nick. That was a beautiful tribute Dan - and it was so nice of you to remember Tinkerbell2300. She died too young also - about a year ago.....:(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( Prayers for her entire family. And to Nick, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine the pain her whole family must feel. :(

I'm so sad right now for Sylvia's family. Especially Nick. I was a grown woman when I lost my mom, and I was devastated. I can't imagine poor Nick. :( :( :(

I'm also sadden by this news. :( This is why God has so many beautiful stars in the sky. Nick will always have his mother shining over him.

Thanks Dan !

Kimbra

I cried earlier today when I read Dan's message. It's so sad to even try to contemplate what Sylvia and her family went through.

Tomorrow is our Relay for Life for the American Cancer Society. We won't stop until we've destroyed this killer, Sylvia.

May God give all of Sylvia's friends and family, especially her dear son Nick, strength to endure the terrible loss of her presence. Nick, you will always have a guardian angel watching over you. May God bless and Dan thank you for such a well written story about God's new angel. This had to be one the most difficult things you have done. Jocelyne's nanny:( :(

I was always inspired by Sylvia's courage and wit in the face of her disease. I prayed for her every day and knew God held her in his hands. My deepest condolences to Nick and also Sylvia's mom. It sounds as though Sylvia was about my daughter's age and I cannot even allow myself to think what it would be like and how difficult it is for her mom. I will continue to pray for comfort and understanding for her and Nick.
Dan, I think you are wonderful for the support and love you so unselfishly give to everyone here. I'm sure Sylvia counted you among her best of friends. My sympathy to you also.

God Bless you, Sylvia, and God Bless and comfort Nick and your Mom.

sylvia3.gif

Debbie ºoº

I, too. am saddened by this news. Sylvia touched all of us here on the DIS. TC

:( This must be a difficult time for all of you who knew Sylvia so well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her family....
angelee.JPG

Sylvia, I did not know you but I just wanted to say I think you are an incredibly brave person. It's so horrible that such wonderful people have to suffer. At least your at peace now. God Bless you and your family.

CRMickey

Thank you, Dan.

God bless Sylvia and her beautiful son. May all the DIS community that knew Sylvia be surrounded with love right now.

On behalf of Dans and Sylvia,s family I would like to thank the DIS community for showing so much love and support towards them in there time of need. It has been a very difficult time for all involved and we are all taking it one day at a time.
I just wanted to add ..Every once in a while a person walks into your life and really does make a impact on your life..Sylvia was this kind of person..Always a smile , never thinking of herself..Always concerned of others before herself..Every word that was said about her in all these messages is so heart wrenchingly true .. We all truly loved her and she will NEVER be forgotten..
Once again Thank you DIS . You are all a little more special now that sylvia has touched your hearts. And we are more special too now, that you have touched ours..

Love Jeff .... Dans brother

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!