• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have returned!

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I returned from a weekend trip to Universal. It was great to meet up with MIB9etc., Robert Walker, Robinrs, her son Michael (he was sick today :(), and h20jag (briefly).

Just some thoughts on the weekend...

The word that comes to mind is: CROWDED! I arrived on Saturday at noon and IOA was pretty swamped. The highest wait I saw was the Hulk at 90 minutes. Other waits I saw:

Spider-Man: 85 minutes (at around 5 pm)
Hulk: 90 minutes (at around 12:30)
Fearfall: 45 minutes (at around 12:30)
One Fish, etc.: 60 minutes (at around 2:30)
Caro-Seuss-Sel: 10 minutes (at around 2:30)
Cat in the Hat: 45 minutes (at around 2:30)
Dueling Dragons: 60 minutes (at around 3:30)
JPRA: 75 minutes (at around 4:30)
Triceratops Discovery Trail: 40 minutes (at around 4:30)
Popeye: 30 minutes (at around 4:30)

Queues began to drop after 7 pm. JPRA dropped to 10 minutes and Popeye to 5 minutes. About an hour later, the Hulk was about 20 minutes, Dragons about 15 minutes, and the Flying Unicorn about 10 minutes. Cat in the Hat and One Fish had a 10 minute wait near closing.

At USF on Saturday, BTTF had a 20 minute wait and MIB a 70 minute wait. I used single rider lines at Spider-Man, Hulk, Fearfall, and MIB. Each wait was about 15 minutes. Today, USF had a 75 minute wait on MIB and BTTF!

Express passes seem to be all out by around 3 pm. There were a few passes left for Storm Force, Caro-Seuss-Sel, and some other minor attractions.

Today, the group of Robert Walker, MIB9etc., and myself hit IOA and did Dragons, JPRA, Spider-Man, the Hulk, and MIB. We caught up with Robinrs at the noon Mythos meet. MIB9etc. is the VIP guest there since he eats there a lot! MIB's favorite server, Kerin, knows me by my first name now! MIB is called by the honorific "Mr." before his last name. I guess I will have to eat there more often to get that honorific title!

BTW, Kerin also said that IOA had a record attendance of about 34,000 guests! If IOA was that crowded, I'd hate to see what WDW was like! The Magic Kingdom must have been swamped!

One more thing...check your keys at the onsite hotels. Mr. Walker had his taken away because the dates were taped on. The information needed to be taped on. He was using the key for two days with no problem. Then a MIB ride op took it away from him and called PBH. PBH said that they had no record of him and they took the key away! The key opened the room. He didn't look like he threw a wild party last night. His credit card was accepted. He had the reservation for the room. I wonder what was the problem? :)

Even though it was crowded, I got some great night rides on Dragons, JPRA, and the Hulk. JPRA was especially nice to ride at night. The sun always seems to be in my eyes when I look at the ultrasaur. Not at night! It was neat to see the ultrasaur and the full moon in the background.

Barry, do you think it will calm down in the next day or two? I hate crowds! We're the express lines long too? Why was the info taped on his card? Usually it's just typed on it, I'll make sure to check mine. Also, how was the weather, any better then here?
Thanks & welcome back!
BTW, you missed the BIG computer show at the convention center!!

The longest Express line was for Spider-Man. It was out the door! The Hulk had a fast-moving Express line. Fearfall's line was pretty long. I don't think you would have waited 15-20 minutes for the lines.

I would expect crowds to drop after New Year's, but the significant drop will come next week.

I missed a computer show? Darn! I will have to come back next time. :)

Originally posted by Barry Hom
The longest Express line was for Spider-Man. It was out the door! The Hulk had a fast-moving Express line. Fearfall's line was pretty long. I don't think you would have waited 15-20 minutes for the lines.
I would expect crowds to drop after New Year's, but the significant drop will come next week.
I missed a computer show? Darn! I will have to come back next time. :)

Thanks Barry! I'm on my way outa FM now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter