I have made so many ADR changes...

Belle5

DIS Veteran
It's embarrassing! I'll bet I have broken some kind of record. I started six months ago. I don't think any of the nine days I have planned meals for have the same ones I started with. Most meals have had multiple changes. I am so glad that I don't have to talk with a living person!! I used to call up the CMs to make changes--but this trip I was far worse than ever because of adding additional people to our party and changing from on-site to off-site which meant no EMH nights which changed our parks...:rolleyes1

I'm happy to report that I have done no changes since booking over Easter Weekend.

The only one I changed was Donald's Safari Breakfast as I was able to get earlier times. 9:55am-8:35am-8:05am.

I'm not even looking online at the ADR's. I picked the restaurants months ago. Looked at the park hours before narrowing down where we will be each day. Then picked the restaurants. I was able to get everything as I booked right at 180 days.

It's embarrassing! I'll bet I have broken some kind of record. I started six months ago. I don't think any of the nine days I have planned meals for have the same ones I started with. Most meals have had multiple changes. I am so glad that I don't have to talk with a living person!! I used to call up the CMs to make changes--but this trip I was far worse than ever because of adding additional people to our party and changing from on-site to off-site which meant no EMH nights which changed our parks...:rolleyes1

I'm with you! I started off make my ADRs in Feb. I have juggled, switched and altered almost every ressie. At pne point we extended our trip then we cut it back. Nuts! I was sooooo confident with my initial picks! Thank goodness for the online system. :wizard:

It is the online system. I started planning when I booked at 11 months out. I was so confident. I made all ADRs at 180 days. Then I changed everything within the two weeks that followed. I think I am set now. Who knows? It's weird. This is so unlike me!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! My husband was just shaking his head at me. I better be set now! I still have 6 weeks to go though, so who knows!

:lmao: So have I!! I'm so glad I'm not the only one.

I had everything set in stone, but then they changed the nights of MNSSHP and it threw my schedule all to heck! I *think* I'm set now though ;)

We're set now. I made a lot of changes too, especially for the night we're going to be at the MK. In my defense, I was waiting for them to release June dates for the fireworks dessert party, and I kept fiddling with what we might do instead if they didn't have it. But we've got it and we're less than 3 weeks out now! Yaay!

I have done the same thing....and I'm afraid I'm probably still not done yet. There's an elusive dinner at Chef Mickey's that I can't seem to get....ack!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! My husband was just shaking his head at me. I better be set now! I still have 6 weeks to go though, so who knows!

Six weeks until the trip--for me that would mean changing all of the ADR's at least twice--even after I am CERTAIN we are all set!!:lmao:

It is the online system. I started planning when I booked at 11 months out. I was so confident. I made all ADRs at 180 days. Then I changed everything within the two weeks that followed. I think I am set now. Who knows? It's weird. This is so unlike me!

Unfortunately for me...I can't blame it on the on-line system. This is our family's 25th vacation to the WORLD and I have done this every time! It used to be so embarrassing to have to speak with a CM. They would pull up all my ADRs and say, "Oh, my....you have a LOT of cancellations here..." Then, I would proceed to give all my excuses to them. Very embarrassing! The new on-line ADR protects me from that. I love it! My problem is I think, and re-think the perfect vacation in my sleep. As new information about park hours and special events are released, that just compounds the situation! The good news is--our vacations are fantastic! I have no regrets!

I've thought about changing our MNSSHP night but it just works the best on the night I picked.

I may be paying a lot more to go to MNSSHP this year as it appears to not have a discount for the night I'm planning. Hopefully, this means it won't be as crowded as last year.

No I think I have the record. I think I have made and cancelled at least 60 reservations....:confused3 I can't help myself.

I spent so much time leading up to our 180 day window making sure I had everything *perfect.* Got up super early to make sure we got everything just as we planned. And now? Our dining reservations in no way resemble what I had booked back in January! LOL! I am LOVING the online system. I am really good about canceling as soon as I book something else at least! :rotfl2:

lol...I've made a ton of changes too! My original reservations went like this:

8/29 Sanaa (We're staying at AKL) 7:30
8/30 Tony's 6:50
8/31 Le Cellier 7:10
9/1 Hollywood & Vine 6:30
9/2 Fulton's 7:30
9/3 O'Hana's 6:10
9/4 Ragland Rd 7:00

Then...I decided that I wanted to do a character breakfast, since we would have a TS restaurant left (b/c Fulton's is not on the dining plan).....so I added the Donald's Safari Breakfast onto my 9/2 reservations @ 8:35 AM

Then...I read about V&A's and I decided it would be a great restaurant to eat at for our honeymoon...so we cancelled Sanna. We were able to get reservations for V&A @ 5:45! Yay!

Then...I thought about the fact that we were staying at AKL and not even eating there!!! :( So..I added Boma for breakfast on 9/3 @ 9:00 AM

But...I was reading on disboards, and decided that I wanted to do another Character breakfast (at 1900 Park Fare). The only day that seemed possible was 9/5 (our last day). But, our flight leaves at 1:30, and I decided that we should probably give ourselves enough time to get to the airport...and not rush through breakfast. So...I switched Boma to 9/5 @ 8:30 since we'll be there anyways. And, I got reservations for 1900 Park Fare on 9/3 @ 9:15 AM!

Now...I've promised my fiance that I will not make any more changes!!! And, I'm sticking to it....maybe!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter