I have a WONDERful feeling about this! 2015 WB Panama Canal Trip Report, Completed 6/14/15

Thank you for writing this wonderful trip report! I am still in the process of catching up with the DIS after our vacation (cruising to Norway with DCL - it was quite amazing) and was able to now read all of the second week of your trip in one go. That made it even better!!

I had been thinking about asking you whether Elliot's name was in any way related to the film Pete's Dragon, but then was a bit too embarrassed to suggest that. I loved that film as a kid! In Germany it is even called "Elliot das Schmunzelmonster" which means Elliot the smiling/smirking monster.

How wonderful that you found so lovely people to share Palo with, the four brunch ladies look very classy! Great picture!

We had Freezing the Night away on our cruise as well - and we were truly freezing!! It was around 45 degrees and windy that evening. However, despite it taking place at 10:15pm, we still had bright skies. On our cruise it was surprisingly uncrowded for that event. I noticed that there were plenty of people on deck 10, but we were on deck 9 and had lots of space around us. Well, at least enough to never feel uncomfortable about the crowd levels... I wonder what they might have changed after your version of it.

And the maypole thing was happening in the atrium for our cruise. So, that seems to be a permanent change.

I hope you will have a fantastic cruise with your father in law in October! I am sorry that you came home to find out that your husband was doing so badly. I hope that his rehab will be able to give him the help that he needs, so that your whole family can get out of this horrible situation!

Thanks for the work doing this TR. We did the EBPC in 2012 and enjoyed reliving it through your report.

You're welcome! It really was the best. I hope we get to do it again!

Thank you for writing this wonderful trip report! I am still in the process of catching up with the DIS after our vacation (cruising to Norway with DCL - it was quite amazing) and was able to now read all of the second week of your trip in one go. That made it even better!!

I had been thinking about asking you whether Elliot's name was in any way related to the film Pete's Dragon, but then was a bit too embarrassed to suggest that. I loved that film as a kid! In Germany it is even called "Elliot das Schmunzelmonster" which means Elliot the smiling/smirking monster.

How wonderful that you found so lovely people to share Palo with, the four brunch ladies look very classy! Great picture!

We had Freezing the Night away on our cruise as well - and we were truly freezing!! It was around 45 degrees and windy that evening. However, despite it taking place at 10:15pm, we still had bright skies. On our cruise it was surprisingly uncrowded for that event. I noticed that there were plenty of people on deck 10, but we were on deck 9 and had lots of space around us. Well, at least enough to never feel uncomfortable about the crowd levels... I wonder what they might have changed after your version of it.

And the maypole thing was happening in the atrium for our cruise. So, that seems to be a permanent change.

I hope you will have a fantastic cruise with your father in law in October! I am sorry that you came home to find out that your husband was doing so badly. I hope that his rehab will be able to give him the help that he needs, so that your whole family can get out of this horrible situation!

Two of my favorites growing up were ET and Pete's Dragon, so they both definitely influenced his name. I am excited to see the new Pete's Dragon they are filming now!

I am glad that it was just windy and a bit chilly (in comparison to the heat we'd been dealing with) and not quite that cold. I don't know if we could have handled it!

I think we are going to have a great time in October - it is going to be a huge surprise for the kids, but I get to give my father-in-law all of the details so that will tide me over. I think that we are all going to be just fine! Thanks so much!

Erin, I loved your TR!!

Thanks, Kaitlyn! I am looking forward to reading the rest of yours! Reading the reports will keep me feeling like there's still something left of the trip.

Erin, I really enjoyed your report! Thank you so much for sharing. Glad you three had a great time! :)

Thanks for the great TR. I loved reading your experience of a well deserved cruise. Am also glad you get to take another in October and that the situation there worked out in getting the boys granddad on. Have fun!

Finally all caught up, what an awesome & detailed TR!!! Thank you so very much for sharing!!!

Thank you so much for this TR! I would love to take this cruise some day.
I'm glad you have such a great time with your boys.

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed report. I enjoyed following along and reading about your sons brought back fond memories of Disney trips (not cruise ship) with my two guys. My older son was always the independent one and my younger one was my shadow so we were totally shocked when he wanted to enlist in the Navy. I thought he'd be living home until he was 35.

Would you do an inside stateroom again? It's the one debate my husband and I keep having and so far have gone with verandas. I'd love to do the October Panama cruise solo -- the inside rooms are pretty well priced right now, but can't quite push the button.

What a wonderful trip. Between yesterday and today I read the whole report. I definitely think I would love the Panama Canal Cruise or a Transatlantic because sea days are my absolute favorite. Thanks so much for sharing.

Fantastic job on the TR. We had a PC cruise scheduled, but had to cancel due to life. Your report made me feel like I had been on the ship. Thank you.
Katherine

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful Disney trip....I had so many questions about this trip that my travel agent couldn't answer...you answered all of them and more....my hubby and I are booked on the west bound May 2016....can't wait ( it's our first Disney cruise without granddaughters ) thank you thank you thank you !

Apparently I haven't been getting notifications on this thread in my email since the last time I posted! Thanks all for the kind words, and I am so glad for anyone I was able to help! It truly was an amazing trip and I highly recommend it to anyone who is considering going.

Would you do an inside stateroom again? It's the one debate my husband and I keep having and so far have gone with verandas. I'd love to do the October Panama cruise solo -- the inside rooms are pretty well priced right now, but can't quite push the button.

I definitely would do the inside room again. We have an oceanview booked for our October trip and I was going to change it to an inside because I liked it so much, but Granddad wants the window so we are keeping it. I'm sure a veranda for the Canal would have been very nice, but I think I would have mostly still done just what I did. It was fun to move to different locations on the ship! I'd hate to think I might have missed all of that by giving into the temptation to sit on the balcony in my jammies all day. ;)

I've just read this trip report over the past four days, I really enjoyed it. Will you do a TR after your next cruise too?
I know what you mean about never being in photos, I am hardly in any of our holiday shots unless we get group ones taken, but I do love taking them so it's ok ;)

I've just read this trip report over the past four days, I really enjoyed it. Will you do a TR after your next cruise too?
I know what you mean about never being in photos, I am hardly in any of our holiday shots unless we get group ones taken, but I do love taking them so it's ok ;)

Thanks! I am glad you liked it! I will definitely be doing a TR. And I just got a GoPro camera as a birthday present, so I am hoping to have some good videos (including, hopefully, when I surprise the kids - school starts tomorrow so I will have a better idea soon as to whether it will even be possible!)

Hopefully I'll be in more pictures this time, since we will have lots of people. And I will try to remember to take some selfies with the kids at least. :) I'm not very fond of seeing myself in pictures, but I always regret not having them.

I really loved reading your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing! I cannot wait to take the WBPC in May! :flower1: We have a Cat 11B GTY booked. I'm hoping to score a sideways room unless I can get a better upgrade.

I really loved reading your trip report! Thank you so much for sharing! I cannot wait to take the WBPC in May! :flower1: We have a Cat 11B GTY booked. I'm hoping to score a sideways room unless I can get a better upgrade.

Thanks! We really loved our room. The location was particularly great in its proximity to the kid clubs, while also being in a spot that has zero random foot traffic. The best!

Great trip report. I am looking into doing this cruise and this was great info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!