I have a chance to go to DL, need info!

M

MaryT

Although I've been to DW dozens of times, I've only spent 1/2 day at DL. I have some friends who will be visiting family the first week in August and want to try to meet them there.
However, I know NOTHING about hotels or anything there. I need help!

I've checked airline tickets - and they are not too bad - but should I fly into LAX or Orange County?

Where would be someplace reasonably priced to stay (they will be staying with family - so it would be just me at the hotel)? Would it be possible to find something for $75 or less a night?

Would I need a car? Or could I take a shuttle from the airport (which one?) and then walk or shuttle from the hotel?

I'm really excited about this - both about Disney and the opportunity to see friends I haven't seen in a year!

Thanks!

Hi,
We like to stay at the Candy Cane Inn. We recently got back from there and it was $72 plus tax per night with a AAA discount. However, this hotel is very popular and it may not be available for your dates. There are other choices and I'm sure others will make some recommendations.

I would fly into John Wayne Airport (Orange County). It is closer. There are SuperShuttles there that can transport you. I'm not sure of the cost as DH and usually take a cab (about $35 each way).

You shouldn't need a car there if you are staying close. The Candy Cane has it's own shuttle and it's also within walking distance.

Good luck and have fun!

I know OC is closer, but depending on your budget LAX isn't too bad depending on the time you arrive, there's a lot more traffic! Try for OC but you could do LAX if you had to, in fact that is what we normally do.

There are quite a few hotels in the Anaheim area that offer shuttles or are close enough to walk. I bid on Priceline last time and stayed at the Marriott for around 50 a ngiht and the Hilton Anaheim Suites for around 45 a night. Of course, this is completley subject to availability and soem of them change for parking some not. I also know that Courtyard by Marriott is having some speicals, look at their website, I saw it through the NorthWest Airlines weekly mailing myself.

You are so lucky! You'll really enjoy it. DL is quite a bit different and you will enjoy a few of the rides that are unique.

Jenn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!