I Hate Meers Shuttle!

Mousgroupy

var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eva
Hello all!
Just a quick question....has anyone taken a taxi from the airport before? Are they difficult to get? According to guide books, the price seems comparable to using the Meers (spelling?) shuttle which I HATE!!! Too much jostling and crowding. I am always surprised that Disney hasn't taken this service over and figured out a way to transport people to the resorts without the aggravation.
Just looking for some input from people that seem to be "in the know"!
Thanks,
Sandy:D

I'm with you on that one. I really HATE Mears. They messed up big time both times we used (attempted to use)them. A taxi is about $50. Why not try the Towncar service? It is about the same price but much classier. They'll even give you a quick stop at a grocery store if you have any items to pick up.
During my 2000 trip Mears never came to pick us up. Yes, I called to confirm 24 hours before! They refunded the fee since it was paid in advance, but that didn't help get us to the airport in time!!!

We always use Tiffany Town car. They are great!! It is between $80 and $85 round trip for up to 5 people. They are always prompt both on pick-up and return. Also they will make a grocery stop for 30 min. at no additional charge. There is a $5 coupon for round trip on their web site. Give them a try. I think you will love it. Much better than taking Mears with making multiple stops.

We used Tiffany Towncars on our September 2001 trip and were very satisfied with our driver, David and the service. We would definately use them again.:earsgirl:

I'm not a big fan of Mears either! But we need transportation that has a wheelchair lift and from what I've found....that means Mears.

Actually, there are some other companies that can accomodate you, ambulette type services. My bet is taht they won't cost any more than Mears, and be a LOT less hassle!! Give WDW Special Services a call and ask for a referral.

Anne

If you are staying on property, try renting a one-day rental from National, and drop the car off at the Magic Kingdom National car rental office (they will bus you back to your hotel).

Mousgroupy
If your planing on coming out here. Give us a try we are the Sponsors of the transportation boards. We give you a FREE grocery stop and if you have little guys we also have FREE car seats...http://www.Yourride.net :wave:

We have used all the transportation services (mears, car rental, tiffany, taxi) and I will have to recommend yourride.net as the BEST....friends of ours gave us the web site and we were not disappointed! Contact them at www.yourride.net it has been far one of the best decision we made and we will be using them for all our future Disney/orlando area vacations!

We used Mears a few times years ago and I would have to agree that they are probably the worst option. Taxis would be a close second, but usually readily available at the airport.

Although I have never used them, I see a lot of recommendations for Tiffany Towncars on this board. When we have flown in more recent years, we used Paradise Transportation. They have immaculate Towncars and Vans. We stumbled on them by chance and have used them ever since.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter