I got a Crock Pot for Christmas!!

Beanie

~*Snoopy Fan Forever*~
I am so happy because it was just about the only thing I wanted!!! Now I need to get some great recipes and really impress everyone! LOL! I have lots of Chicken and Venison to use up, so anyone have any recipes to share for me? It is a 6 quart Crock Pot...

Thanks!!

Oh I love mine, got one from DH last year and use it all the time. If you like cornbeef and cabbage or pot roast there is no other way to make it beside the crock pot!!!

Wow - that's great! I've been using mine an awful lot lately - even more than when I was working! I've pretty well shared all of my favorites on other threads so I'll just post links.

I like the "Company Sausage & Meatballs"Company Sausage & Meatballs You could skip the sausage & must make the meatballs out of venison.

There were some great recipes shared in the thread about Pumba's Moose Mix-up that might work for venison.

Of course, there was the great Topic of the Week thread in October about crock pots. There were some great ones there.

I've been cooking my boneless chicken breasts as soon as they come into the house in the crock pot & then pulling/shredding the chicken for recipes later. I've used the frozen, shredded chicken to make someone's chicken salad with orange juice & vinegar (sorry, forgot to record the poster) as well as in chili.

We also really like chicken made with Ohana's White Meat Marinade. We've had it grilled & in the crock - I think we liked it better in the crock.

A couple in the "Topic of the Week" thread that I really liked are:
Margie J's 3-Cheese Chicken & Noodles
Five Flavors Chicken - although the version I use doesn't call for Sake.

Have fun cooking!

d :D

Love my crockpot, don't think we could live with out it. have several crockpot recipes on our website from a class we did several times last year. Feel free to use any of them!

Just click on recipes, then crockpot

http://nefffamilyfarm.com/

Good luck!!!
kay

I also use my crock pot like Piratesmate to cook most of my chicken as soon as I buy it. I usually use a combination of breasts and thighs to get the best flavor, and I add about a cup of chicken broth (from granules) and celery or carrots or whatever else I have to the pot. It also makes double-strength broth that's really good. The chicken gets frozen in freezer bags, about 1-2 cups per bag, then I use the meat in casseroles and chicken salad. Sometimes I refrigerate the broth, take the fat off, then freeze it in ice cube trays, but I'm usually too lazy and just throw it out.

Thanks for all the responses!! I did a search on this board for recipes as well and the Crock Pot thread came up, which I printed out!! I can't wait to try all these different things...everything sounds so yummy! :)

Thanks again!

Hey, I got one also! I am looking forward to trying these recipes. I'm sure I will be back here for help with them!
Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter