I got a cat.1!!thanks to this board

boggydoll

Earning My Ears
I know I am new to these boards, but I wanted to share my great news with all of you. Thanks to the DIS I have been able to secure the elusive cat. 1. From what I have learned here, Cat 1 is usually a 2 year wait, but thanks to this board I was able to get the Roy Disney suite during the exact week I wanted next winter!

I found a great connection here called All Seasons Travel (allseastravel.com) I'm sure many of you know of them judging by some of the other posts I have read. So I just wanted to share "the magic", and perhaps someone else is looking for a hard to get cat. 1,2 or 3 and could use a little help, believe it or not, they might have exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you so much for all the great info. here.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh boggydoll my wife may find out they're still available!!!!
I booked with Chuck at Allseasons too. Very decent guy and prices are excellent. What date are you going? Maybe you can give us a tour? :cool:
Only kidding :)
Cheers,
Grumbo

Way to go boggydoll!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

That is one beautiful suite. I hope you enjoy it and have a great cruise.

Sorry Grumbo, I forgot about that little secret.

We are going the 3rd week of Feb. 04. We are SO excited. Maybe more so because everything I read said NO POSSIBLE WAY will you get a cat. 1 without a 2 year wait.

While I was not willing to wait 2 years to cruise, taking 2 cat. 6's instead of 1 cat 1 seemed like a bit of a let down. We need 2 cabins but didn't think 2 cat. 6's offered near the value or luxury of the cat. 1

We :Pinkbounc can't :bounce: wait :Pinkbounc !!!!

Excellent - I know I'll never go Category 1 because I cruise too much and if I started there, I'd never want to go back!

Rae

Would someone mind sharing their e-mail address with me? The "contact us" part of their website isn't working.

That is fantastic!!! I would love to stay in the Suite~ have a great time and bring a lot of pictures back for us when you go. When exactly are you going... you can always have a Dis-Meet in your suite... that would be sweet! (sorry, couldn't help it!)

Jeanny ;)

I too did not have any difficulty obtaining Cat 1 suite (last month) for June 2004. In fact through DCL itself I had the choice of either the Roy or Walt suite. I thought this was pretty cool! We chose the Walt because I like the idea of the piano. Does anyone play this when they are in their room?

We booked through DCL, after reading some thread here I decided to give Kingdom Magic Travel a call and ended up switching my ressie over and saving exactly $600. Not too shabby!!

Congrats on your upcoming cruise! Have you cruised before? We never have.:Pinkbounc

Wow, I envy you! We are already booked for October of 2004, and I couldn't get the cat. 1. We managed to get cat. 2 and be put on a waiting list for cat.1, but I don't have high hopes. This is the 3rd time I have been on a waiting list for one, still with no success. But maybe someday!!

ENJOY!!!!

'Beano':cool:

Congratulations! You'll love it, I'm sure. We stayed in the Roy O. on the Western Inaugural. Loved it so much, we'll be back in Jan, 2004! We booked through another co., Discover Cruises in CA who always, always saves us money!

Enjoy ~ but don't forget to leave the room once in a while! LOL
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jeanny we are going in Feb. 04. I have so much to plan and do before then it doesn't even feel that far away. I need a new wardrobe!

Queen, we have not cruised before. so the only down side, is, I'm not sure anything less will live up to this experience. You were very lucky to have had a easy time of getting a cat 1. Mine was not "hard" just very lucky. I did not think we were going to be getting this cat. for about 2years.

Beano give my guy a call you...never know until you ask.

Sixcats your welcome. any luck?

cotomom I'm sure we'll get out to eat:p Although, with that expanded room service menu...maybe not...Hope they have extra wide doors or I might not be able to leave...they could always paint me to look like a piano, I think Roy's Suite should have one too, yeah that's my plan...I'm not ever leaving.

boggydoll, I think we were very lucky!;)

I am sure you will have a fantastic time and I will be anxious to read about your first cruise experience when you return!;)

(Is returning a "bad" word when referrring to a Disney cruise?)
If so I apologize.:D

The planning is fun...the trip is (going to be) great....and Disney memories are always wonderful...in short...It' all good!

We stayed in the walt suite 2 years ago-couldn't get it last year, but are booked for it thie Aug 2 and can't wait. The suite is amazing!!! Beth

We sayed in the Roy O. Disney room last January, and it is absolutely wonderful! They give u excelent service too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter