I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

We had a 12:30 reservation at Sci Fi Dine In, but we went in and tried to check in about 20 minutes early. They took my phone number and said they'd text when our table was ready. Not even 2 minutes later we got a text!
I love this system.... it seems so simple. Why don't they do that everywhere? Just let you check in and take a phone number.
I enjoyed the ambiance here but we thought the food was just ok. It wasn't bad by any means just nothing special. And it could very well be because of how tired we were!
This is pretty much the standard for that place, I think.
I was bummed, and I'm sure a lot had to do with the fact that we were leaving. So after a few more tries I gave up and we headed out of the park. So I did NOT end up getting ride Aliens Swirling Saucers at all this trip! Next time hopefully!
Too bad it didn't work our.
I had a terrible time going through security. I had a few leftover snacks in my bag which I didn't take out. They gave me a super hard time and basically took everything out of my carry on bag (which was pretty stuffed and carefully packed) to rifle through it. The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me! I had to sit on the floor and somehow stuff everything back in. I was frustrated but relieved that that part was over. We made it to our gate with plenty of time to spare. And honestly I can't really complain- we were VERY lucky! This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport. I had heard about it right before we left but didn't mention it to Kyle because I didn't want him to start stressing. But by the time we got to the airport everything was functioning as normal and we didn't experience any delays.
That really is frustrating, but I guess all things considered it could have been much worse.
She was SO sweet and insisted on bringing me champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me. She also brought us some extra snacks too! It was such a nice gesture and a really nice way to close out our trip of bliss!
Wow! Getting some of that Disney like magic on the plane!
And the biggest treat of all- I attended a preview of SWGE! I'm going to tack on a mini TR of my trip so stick around if you want to read about it!! :goodvibes
That's awesome! I'm glad you got to take a spontaneous trip and I look forward to reading about it!

Ugh sorry about your TSA experience!! Thats so frustrating.

The flight attendant definitely seemed to make up for it though!

Great TR! Can't wait to read your mini TR!

Looks like a good last day . How sweet of the flight attendant.
Love the frame with the couples names. What a magical gesture .

Looking forward to reading about your August trip and wedding plans

Was way behind but I’m all caught up now!

Last days are always so hard! But looks like you really made the most of it! I so wanted to try Woodys lunch box and I’m way sad I didn’t get that chance!

I feel similar on sci-fi I enjoyed the atmosphere but the food was just ok. Not bad but I feel with till recently, such limited options in Hollywood studios people ended up there so often!

What a nice flight attendant and cousin who picks you up!!

Wow crazy day to be at the airport, and ugh I hate when they unpack my bags!

Looking forward to your mini report and wedding planning info soon! Even if there are other boards for that!

It was cool that we got to see Kyle's name come up in one of the posters, and that it even includes the city you are from!
I love that it is love forever, nice correlation to your trip.

So I did NOT end up getting ride Aliens Swirling Saucers at all this trip! Next time hopefully!
Sorry, reason to go back soon, which it sounds like you did.

Right at 4:30 we boarded the bus for our sad trip to the airport!
Nooooo :sad:

And honestly I can't really complain- we were VERY lucky! This was the day that the TSA agent committed suicide inside the airport. I had heard about it right before we left but didn't mention it to Kyle because I didn't want him to start stressing. But by the time we got to the airport everything was functioning as normal and we didn't experience any delays.
Omg, I forgot about that, so sad. I am glad they were able to return to operations so quickly.

She was SO sweet and insisted on bringing me champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me. She also brought us some extra snacks too! It was such a nice gesture and a really nice way to close out our trip of bliss!
Wow, what an awesome sprinkling of pixie dust at the end.

We made it home on time and my cousin Liz was wonderful enough to pick us up from the airport. She had a cute little celebration waiting for us and made us the cutest frame!
That is so sweet, a good way to get of Post Disney Depression is to be able to come back and celebrate with family and friends.

And the biggest treat of all- I attended a preview of SWGE! I'm going to tack on a mini TR of my trip so stick around if you want to read about it!! :goodvibes
Can't wait!

I’m looking forward to your mini trip report and can’t wait to hear what you thought about Villans

I enjoyed reading this trip report so much and am really happy there will be a mini-report to follow! Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the VAH event.

What a nice flight attendant and pick up from the airport. Such a cute frame. Kind of makes up for the disastrous security line ordeal.

48366809771_4322fa0b8a.jpg

Pretty! What an amazing day you had!

Needless to say, this was the most perfect Disney day ever! We had the most magical time spending our first day as an engaged couple at the MK. Kyle really was a trooper the entire week keeping the whole thing a secret!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I'm so impressed at Kyle for keeping the secret, and also for planning something that he knew would be so special to you.

Today was our last day :( We had a later flight scheduled so we would be spending some time at DHS before we left!

The last day is always so hard. But nice that you got some park time before leaving! That helps :)

After that we used our FP for RnR! We tried to be cute with our photo!

So cute! And the folks in front of you are cracking me up.

This is adorable! And your Muppets shirt is on point.

While in line for SDD I kept refreshing and was able to get a FP for RnR! I was glad since I got to ride ToT twice that Kyle would get to ride his favorite twice as well!

That's awesome! A great score!

I had a terrible time going through security. I had a few leftover snacks in my bag which I didn't take out. They gave me a super hard time and basically took everything out of my carry on bag (which was pretty stuffed and carefully packed) to rifle through it. The worst part is when they were done they just threw everything back at me! I had to sit on the floor and somehow stuff everything back in. I was frustrated but relieved that that part was over.

Oh dear, I'm sorry this happened to you. I find security stressful, and in Orlando more so that other airports I find. I'm well-versed in air travel at this point, so it's not because I take anything I shouldn't or anything. (Though once Nathan forgot he had an entire bottle of juice! Woops!) But it just moves so quickly and so much stuff has to come out and go back in, etc. Your experience was above and beyond! I can never keep up with whether snacks need to come out or go back in—seems like it's always changing. Sorry this was a rough experience.

After the 2nd time, she insisted that she get him a complimentary drink. So he took her up on her offer and got a Jack Daniels & Coke. Before she went to get it, she came over and asked "can I get your girlfriend anything?"; he proudly corrected her and said "actually she's my fiance, we just got engaged". She was SO sweet and insisted on bringing me champagne! So when she came back she had 2 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 bottles of Champagne for me.

Wow! How nice! A little extra pixie dust where you'd least expect it!

This is so lovely! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Awesome! Sounds like you did so much in a short period of time!

What a fun last day at Hollywood Studios! Bummer that you had a tough time with TSA, but it sounds like your lovely flight attendant made up for it.

Can't wait to read about your mini trip!

Nice score on RnRC! It's a shame you missed out on Alien Swirling Saucers, but I'm sure you'll be able to ride it sometime.

Uh, TSA. >:( My last trip to Orlando I set off the detector and then the hand swab showed a "suspicious" substance. (I'd been to MK the night before and watched the fireworks, so who knows?!) I had to stand and wait for FORTY-FIVE minutes in bare feet (I'd worn flip-flops) while the flippant male TSA Officer supposedly called for a female officer for a more secure pat down. I'm quite certain he didn't actually call immediately as the very lovely female TSA officer said I shouldn't have waited that long. I've not been a fan of TSA since.

Nonetheless, what a lovely flight attendant on your return trip! That turned the tide back to a lovely trip after your TSA experience. Your friends and family also did a nice job of celebrating your recent engagement.

Thank you for the wonderful trip report!

Yeah, just another excuse to go back right? ;)

Ugh what a terrible situation! I find the experience at MCO to always be such a pain!

Our flight attendant definitely made up for it! It was a nice way to be sent home.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting along!! :)

It's little touches like these that are so awesome! I remember the first time I saw them a couple years ago and my jaw just dropped (I was also a little creeped out but mostly amazed haha)

Bummer that you couldn't find another FP but it sounds like you still packed in a lot on your last day at DHS!

That's the WORST! I can definitely feel your pain. And then sometimes they have the audacity to get ticked with you when you have to take time to repack everything.

That is amazing! Disney magic carrying over, right there ;)

Precious!!

Yay can't wait!!

Hahah slightly creepy but mostly pretty cool!

Yeah I had no right to complain! We had a great day!

RIGHT?! I was so flustered and annoyed!

But after that everything was great, it was a nice way to come home :)

Awesome! Also, this is an incredibly sweet thing for you to think of! :love:

You need another trip now!

Ugh that is so frustrating! I would be annoyed too!

Oo I forgot about that! I had flown in the day before and could only think about how traumatizing that must've been for people who were there.

Aww great pixie dust!

I love this :love:

When I saw you posting going to Florida, I was wondering if you were gonna have any Disney time but I was still so surprised when you really did! I can't wait to hear about it! It looked like an amazing few days!!

It was just me trying to be a good fiance :rotfl:

Alien Swirling Saucers is high on my to do list for my next trip (because spoiler alert I still didn't get to ride in August lolol)

I was so annoyed at TSA! But it all really could have been so much worse with what went on that day, so I was grateful for that!

Haha once I knew I would be going down to Florida I just knew I had to make Disney happen!!

What a wonderful trip you all had!!

Sorry the TSA dug through all your things. They scare me at MCO, they yell so loud and bark at you constantly. They had to examine all our candy from MNSSHP several years ago so we always put it in checked luggage now!

I love the frame your cousin made.

I am excited to hear about your mini Disney trip, sounds wonderful!

Thank you!

They are so mean there!!

Can't wait to share it!

Awesome TR! I can't wait to hear about your August trip!!! What an awesome last-minute decision!!!

Thank you!! It ended up being such a fantastic decision!

Loved following along on your report! I can't wait to hear all about the wedding planning and of course, your August trip too!

Thank you so much for being here! :)

Yikes! I think I might have heard about that... They were probably not in the best of moods.

SO nice! Again, sometimes a small guesture goes a long way.

I saw some of your photos. Can't wait to hear about!

Def sticking around.

Yeah, I'm sure it was a rough day there.

It really was such a thoughtful gesture!

Glad you'll stick around! :)

You must! It's the best thing on the menu :thumbsup2

Oh no - that sounds horrible. I hate having my stuff messed with, especially when it was all neat and organized.

Oh my gosh, I had no idea :sad1:

Awwwww :lovestruc And how nice of her to give you champagne :goodvibes I guess if you've gotta come back from Disney, that's the way to do it :laughing:

How sweet!!!

Excited to hear about your August trip! And wedding plans... once you've made some :rolleyes1;)

Yeah exactly! I had everything packed so precisely!

Such a terrible thing! Taking a late flight really worked to our advantage so we missed all the commotion thank goodness :(

Haha it certainly was a nice way to come home!

MCO TSA is the worst! Not the most fun way to end a trip but at least you had a good day before the security line!

It really is!! But despite that it was a great day!

I’ll be sure to read your mini report. I’m interested to find out how you found the LM room. My DD has been asking to stay in those rooms for years.

Spoiler alert, I loved them :) They are a littleeee far from the main building but I loved the theming and the resort as a whole!

Nice snag on the RnR FP. It's a bummer that you missed AS2, but there's always next time.

What a nice gift to have waiting when you got home! I can't wait to hear all about your mini trip and your wedding plans.

Yeah, I had a lot of luck with FP so I guess I couldn't be too greedy!

It was a nice way to come back to reality!

I love this system.... it seems so simple. Why don't they do that everywhere? Just let you check in and take a phone number.
This is pretty much the standard for that place, I think.
Too bad it didn't work our.
That really is frustrating, but I guess all things considered it could have been much worse.
Wow! Getting some of that Disney like magic on the plane!
That's awesome! I'm glad you got to take a spontaneous trip and I look forward to reading about it!

I know, right? It's so simple!

I wasn't disappointed in Sci Fi or anything, it's what I expected.

In the moment I was so annoyed at TSA, but in the grand scheme of things it really was nothing.

It really did feel like the Disney magic was following us home!

Ugh sorry about your TSA experience!! Thats so frustrating.

The flight attendant definitely seemed to make up for it though!

Great TR! Can't wait to read your mini TR!

I was so annoyed! Especially when I was aready bummed about having to go home! But the flight attendant really made up for it :)

Thank you for following along and always commenting! :)

Looks like a good last day . How sweet of the flight attendant.
Love the frame with the couples names. What a magical gesture .

Looking forward to reading about your August trip and wedding plans

It was a great last day to end a great trip!

Was way behind but I’m all caught up now!

Last days are always so hard! But looks like you really made the most of it! I so wanted to try Woodys lunch box and I’m way sad I didn’t get that chance!

I feel similar on sci-fi I enjoyed the atmosphere but the food was just ok. Not bad but I feel with till recently, such limited options in Hollywood studios people ended up there so often!

What a nice flight attendant and cousin who picks you up!!

Wow crazy day to be at the airport, and ugh I hate when they unpack my bags!

Looking forward to your mini report and wedding planning info soon! Even if there are other boards for that!

Even though we were tired, I'm glad we were able to get some park time in before heading home. Next trip you definitely have to try Woody's lunch box!!

I mean I would still go back to Sci Fi, since it's not that much more expensive than QS. But I'm in no rush!

It was a little annoying at the airport but the flight home and being greeted by my cousin made up for it!

I love that it is love forever, nice correlation to your trip.

Sorry, reason to go back soon, which it sounds like you did.

Nooooo :sad:

Omg, I forgot about that, so sad. I am glad they were able to return to operations so quickly.

Wow, what an awesome sprinkling of pixie dust at the end.

That is so sweet, a good way to get of Post Disney Depression is to be able to come back and celebrate with family and friends.

Can't wait!

I didn't even notice that on the sign! Thanks for catching that!

And you know what, I still didn't get on Aliens :rotfl:

I was expecting the airport to be much worse after that incident, but had I not read about it I would not have even known it happened!

Coming home with such exciting news definitely made it easier to leave!

I’m looking forward to your mini trip report and can’t wait to hear what you thought about Villans

Thanks for sticking around! :)

I enjoyed reading this trip report so much and am really happy there will be a mini-report to follow! Looking forward to hearing about your experience with the VAH event.

What a nice flight attendant and pick up from the airport. Such a cute frame. Kind of makes up for the disastrous security line ordeal.

I'm so glad you were here Alicia!!

It was definitely a nice transition home, helped ease our way back to reality :)

Pretty! What an amazing day you had!

Thank you so much for sharing it with us! I'm so impressed at Kyle for keeping the secret, and also for planning something that he knew would be so special to you.

The last day is always so hard. But nice that you got some park time before leaving! That helps :)

So cute! And the folks in front of you are cracking me up.

This is adorable! And your Muppets shirt is on point.

That's awesome! A great score!

Oh dear, I'm sorry this happened to you. I find security stressful, and in Orlando more so that other airports I find. I'm well-versed in air travel at this point, so it's not because I take anything I shouldn't or anything. (Though once Nathan forgot he had an entire bottle of juice! Woops!) But it just moves so quickly and so much stuff has to come out and go back in, etc. Your experience was above and beyond! I can never keep up with whether snacks need to come out or go back in—seems like it's always changing. Sorry this was a rough experience.

Wow! How nice! A little extra pixie dust where you'd least expect it!

This is so lovely! :lovestruc :lovestruc

Awesome! Sounds like you did so much in a short period of time!

Thank you so much for reading! I'm so glad I could share it with you all :)

I was definitely glad to visit DHS one last time before heading home!

I'd like to think that couple will be us when we're older! hahaha

Thank you! I love the Muppets!

I agree that security is a lot more stressful at MCO than other places. And you're right, they are ALWAYS changing the rule on snacks! But after that everything went smooth and the extra pixie dust we received was just so nice!

I did do A LOT! Can't wait to share it!

What a fun last day at Hollywood Studios! Bummer that you had a tough time with TSA, but it sounds like your lovely flight attendant made up for it.

Can't wait to read about your mini trip!

It was a fun day! And the flight attendant definitely made up for it!

Thank you! Hopefully I will get an update in soon!

First I just want to say thank you all again for following along with my January trip! It was obviously the most special trip I will probably ever have and I loved being able to share it and appreciate so much everyone's sweet comments! Now onto August!

August 6th - Arriving in Orlando!

I took a 10:20am flight from Fort Lauderdale that got me into Orlando at 11:30am! With it being such a short flight, the plane was EMPTY and I got a whole row to myself- something I am not used to at all!

The flight was beyond quick and I amused myself by listening to music and taking pictures of the clouds.

Soon enough I was walking to the Magical Express and seeing this fun sign!

I had to wait about 20 minutes to get on a bus but after that I was on my way!

I got to our resort around 12:45 and met up with S. We were staying at Art of Animation and I was super excited since this has been on my bucket list!

Our room was already ready so we headed over to our Little Mermaid room!

We didn't spend much time in the room- we had places to be! It was cool getting to see the skyliner even if it wasn't running yet!

We took the bus to MK and then hopped on the monorail to the Poly!

We decided to get lunch at Captain Cook's and I got to try the famous nachos. They were so delicious and definitely lived up to the hype I've heard about them!

After that we headed to Trader Sam's! It was close to 4pm but we got in right away and even got a table!

This was my first time here (another bucket list item) and I really loved it! The ambiance and theatrics are so fun! I ordered the Krakatoa Punch (the one on the left) which was really tasty!

Once we were done we headed back on the monorail to spend the evening at MK!

Up next...Reunited with my favorite place!!

Sounds like an awesome start to your day! DH and I just did Trader Sams too and it is so cool in there!

Looks like a nice start. AoA and Trader Sams are some great bucket list items to tick off!

What a great start to your trip! I feel like you never see empty seats on flights anymore!

Oh, I'd love to see Trader Sam's! I'm glad you enjoyed the ambiance and your drink. :goodvibes

Sounds like a great start so far!

Trader Sam's looks like so much fun; I have to get myself over there one day.

Yay, more Disney! I am really glad you enjoyed the yummy nachos. These are a favorite of mine! I hope we can check out Trader Sam’s one of these trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts