I Found My Happily Ever After! A Jan '19 TR! + Bonus August TR *COMPLETED 12/2*

Sounds like a good time in Animal Kingdom so far. I love the Ducks in Dino wear!

Did you ride Everest before the Yeti broke? I was trying to find a video of it with it working. But no luck. I am slowly getting Gwen to like the ride. I love it too!

You were ending up with a lot more character meet and greet photos than I expected this trip, which is great!
I love how Kyle is shaking Donald's hand in the one photo. It just seems so formal after pictures of you giving the characters big hugs.:rotfl2:

Sounds like a good time in Animal Kingdom so far. I love the Ducks in Dino wear!

Did you ride Everest before the Yeti broke? I was trying to find a video of it with it working. But no luck. I am slowly getting Gwen to like the ride. I love it too!

We were having a great time!

No I didn't ride before it broke! I'm glad Gwen is getting on board, it's such a great ride!

I love your pics in Dinoland. The Chipmunks are always a lot of fun!

Thank you! I agree, they are always so silly and mischievous!

You were ending up with a lot more character meet and greet photos than I expected this trip, which is great!
I love how Kyle is shaking Donald's hand in the one photo. It just seems so formal after pictures of you giving the characters big hugs.:rotfl2:

Yes I was happy with the amount we did- I couldn't let you down!! :rotfl2:

Haha it is a pretty funny contrast!!

January 30- A fun afternoon with an amazing safari!

We then went over to check into our ADR for Yak & Yeti! It was crowded in there and I think we ended up getting seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. I took zero pictures :( But to eat we split the egg rolls, honey chicken, and shrimp lo mein. Everything was super delicious! I also had the desert pear lemonade which was out of this world and I will continue craving for a long time! This had been a place I had been wanting to try for a while and it didn't disappoint! Kyle ended up declaring this his fave restaurant of all the ones we went to!

After that we headed to see Festival of the Lion King. The waiting area was crowded but they guaranteed we'd get in and sure enough we did! As always, this show did not disappoint!

After that we headed into Pandora. We were meeting up with one of my friends (I'll call her S) as well as using our FoP FP!

S and I kept hyping up FoP to Kyle while at the same time not giving too much away. He was skeptical of us but we didn't have to wait long to find out what Kyle thought. As the ride progressed he couldn't stop saying how awesome it was! He agrees that it's the coolest ride out there right now. We also were brought to the 2nd level, which I've never been on and I think really made for a better experience!

Once we got off we were able to snag an EE FP that was pretty much good right away!

We were then able to grab another one for Safaris! This is one of those instances that really proved that every safari is a different experience. This ended up being one of the best ones I'd ever been on!

Cool moment #1 was getting to see the cheetah moving about! Wasn't able to get the best photos but here is one!

But Cool moment #2 was even better..getting to see all 3 lions out and visible!

There was a moment we thought we were going to hear the male lion roar, (even the driver thought it was going to happen) but he didn't end up doing it!

It was an amazing safari and I'm so glad we decided to do it again!

Up next...The end of our night!

Excellent FP luck that afternoon!! Love your pics of the lions. Mine are always of the corner of a head barely visible or no lions at all LOL

I dream of the food at Yak and Yeti lol! I would eat it every day if possible.

Great FP luck that night! Glad Kyle found FOP awesome!

We then went over to check into our ADR for Yak & Yeti! It was crowded in there and I think we ended up getting seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. I took zero pictures :( But to eat we split the egg rolls, honey chicken, and shrimp lo mein. Everything was super delicious! I also had the desert pear lemonade which was out of this world and I will continue craving for a long time! This had been a place I had been wanting to try for a while and it didn't disappoint! Kyle ended up declaring this his fave restaurant of all the ones we went to!
We love Yak and Yeti so much too! That was one the one place DH insisted on eating at for our anniversary trip.

S and I kept hyping up FoP to Kyle while at the same time not giving too much away. He was skeptical of us but we didn't have to wait long to find out what Kyle thought. As the ride progressed he couldn't stop saying how awesome it was! He agrees that it's the coolest ride out there right now. We also were brought to the 2nd level, which I've never been on and I think really made for a better experience!
I adore FoP and can't wait for Bill to experience it this summer.

We were then able to grab another one for Safaris! This is one of those instances that really proved that every safari is a different experience. This ended up being one of the best ones I'd ever been on!
Your pictures are incredible!

There was a moment we thought we were going to hear the male lion roar, (even the driver thought it was going to happen) but he didn't end up doing it!
Love the shot of the lions!

I am so glad you enjoyed Y&Y, we love it

Really good FP luck today, it’s amazing how different each Safari can be

The food at Yak and Yeti sounds delicious! I haven’t been there since our first trip in 2014.

I love FOTLK but the que area is terrible. It always looks so packed and they really cram you in there.

Glad you had a great ride on FOP!

Sounds like an amazing safari! We saw the cheetah walking around once too. It was awesome!

What a wonderful Animal Kingdom evening! Glad FOP lived up to your hype for Kyle and that Yak and Yeti was a successful meal. It sounds like the park really impressed you guys....bet it wouldn't take much convincing to stay at AKL next time.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:laughing:

Yak and Yeti is delicious - I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's one of my favorite restaurants at Disney and definitely my favorite at AK (and for summer trips, it's a great break in the air conditioning!).

I'm thrilled that Kyle enjoyed FoP! I'm so excited to finally experience it on our next trip! Also, to follow it with a ride on Everest?! Awesome!

What an excellent Safari! It really is a roll of the dice on how active the animals are on any given safari. It's great when you get such great views of the animals - especially the elusive lions! It's too bad the lion didn't roar for you. I got to hear the roaring lion on my 2012 trip and I still remember it seven years later!

We then went over to check into our ADR for Yak & Yeti! It was crowded in there and I think we ended up getting seated about 10 minutes after our reservation time. I took zero pictures :( But to eat we split the egg rolls, honey chicken, and shrimp lo mein. Everything was super delicious!
I have to confess that I have never eaten at Yak and Yeti. But I have heard many good reviews on it. I really should try it sometime.

Cool moment #1 was getting to see the cheetah moving about! Wasn't able to get the best photos but here is one!
Very cool! I have never seen more that the cheetah's head poking up out of the grass near the back of the enclosure.

But Cool moment #2 was even better..getting to see all 3 lions out and visible!
Also very cool. I don't remember if I have seen either of the lions moving around, but definitely not 3 of them!
Maybe the cooler temperatures gave them some energy.

Glad you had a delicious meal at Y&Y! I need to get back there again, the problem with trying new restaurants is that my must do list just keeps growing and growing! lol

LOVE when you get a great safari! Too bad the lion didn't roar!

This had been a place I had been wanting to try for a while and it didn't disappoint! Kyle ended up declaring this his fave restaurant of all the ones we went to!

I feel like Y&Y is seriously underrated. It's a favorite in our family. My dad recommended it to his coworker who was asking for WDW advice, their family ended up going 3 times over the course of their trip!

Also, following along and anxiously awaiting your proposal story! What a dream come true, congratulations! :love:

I'm back and caught up again! What awesome pictures you've posted! I love some of the ones you took, and the photopass photos of the two of you with Everest in the background. So glad that FoP was a hit!

I'm glad that FOP lived up to the expectations and that Kyle thought it was awesome!

Love the lion pictures... too bad you didn't get to hear a roar, but still very rare just to see them doing something other than lying on a rock like a lion out of the Jungle Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter