I don't want to be rude

My family and I leave for DW in a little over a week. We will be doing MNSSHP again this year and have a long to do list. Normally when we go, we wait in line for things as a family or just the ones going on the ride. This time, in the hopes of saving some precious minutes, I have considered standing in line for a meet and greet while my wife takes the 5 kids on a ride. My concern is upsetting other people in line behind me. This may be a stupid question, and maybe I'm looking for someone to just tell me not to do it. Would I be a jerk if I did this? My brain won't give me a straight answer, which probably means I shouldn't do it. Need someone else to tell me NO I guess.

Don't do that. Yes, I would consider it rude to suddenly have 6 more people joining you (cutting in line).

I would absolutely hold my families place in line while the small kids did other things. Have them come back and check in every once in awhile so the line knows others are going to be there

This is so much different than ride line jumping, imho

Ummmm there are lines in Disney World. Everyone waits and those that don’t shouldn't be joining in. Children need to learn to wait and parents need to be smart as to how long their children can wait. Are the kids hungry? Thirsty? Have to go to the bathroom? Take care of their needs and get in line if they are interested. Why do we try to prevent children from waiting? Or say things Iike, “my kids aren’t great at waiting in a line” and then get in a long line with them.

Just dont take extra poses with different combinations of family members in them. But it would not bother me if family members joined someone waiting in line go do this.

That’s my biggest gripe with groups at photo queues. It’s not that 5-6 people come out of nowhere for a group photo. It’s the group photo, then kids only, then mom and dad only, then just the boys, and then just the girls, and then the cousin and just the cousin’s spouse, etc.

Why don’t you just ask the Cast Member when you join the line and see what they consider acceptable? We were in a long line recently and the Cast Member was encouraging those with small children to leave one person in line. It didn’t bother us at all when their family members joined them. The CM’s work there, they know the rules they want followed so ask them. And have fun whatever you do!

Yea if you do that expect people to be jerks. Maybe you have the 6-11 in line with you while wife take the 2 youngers to do something else until line moves up. Otherwise I think people may give you a problem people tend to be mean when it comes to thise types of things.

Why don’t you just ask the Cast Member when you join the line and see what they consider acceptable? We were in a long line recently and the Cast Member was encouraging those with small children to leave one person in line. It didn’t bother us at all when their family members joined them. The CM’s work there, they know the rules they want followed so ask them. And have fun whatever you do!

There are shift changes -so one CM might say - ok that's fine - and the CM when they come back might not let you - its a toss up and really not worht it

I would wait in line while my family went off to do other things. What I would also do is take a quick picture or two, an autograph if that’s your thing and good bye. Those people that take pictures with every possible variation of family group in multiple poses are the rude ones IMO especially if there’s a long line waiting.

I would absolutely hold my families place in line while the small kids did other things. Have them come back and check in every once in awhile so the line knows others are going to be there

This is so much different than ride line jumping, imho
Exactly how is it different? I'm sure other little kids would love to not wait in line, but have to for one reason or another. Barring a bathroom emergency, I would be severely upset if a family popped into line in front of me after not waiting their turn.

Last edited:
My family and I leave for DW in a little over a week. We will be doing MNSSHP again this year and have a long to do list. Normally when we go, we wait in line for things as a family or just the ones going on the ride. This time, in the hopes of saving some precious minutes, I have considered standing in line for a meet and greet while my wife takes the 5 kids on a ride. My concern is upsetting other people in line behind me. This may be a stupid question, and maybe I'm looking for someone to just tell me not to do it. Would I be a jerk if I did this? My brain won't give me a straight answer, which probably means I shouldn't do it. Need someone else to tell me NO I guess.

To be honest if you do that you’ll most likely piss someone off. Some people are understanding when it comes to families... but some aren’t.

Also something like this is a lot easier to digest when it’s four people in line with two joining. Not one in line with 6 joining... I’m pretty understanding and that would probably even erk me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!