COMPLETE - "I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!!" — A May WDW Solo Mini-Trip Report + A Summer of Art

It also has an internal gutter system where water enters at the center of each cluster of triangles, so that when it rains, like it was doing that day, the water doesn’t roll down the sides of the geodesic sphere in a waterfall and drown the guests below.
I read about that somewhere and I think i gasped out loud when I read it. It's funny that you don't think about the fact that water isn't gushing off fo it.

(If we’d had an unlimited budget for our wedding, I would have liked to have a reception here!)
I don't know your reception and wedding was amazing!

including how the dolphins are housed alone because they can be bullies….who enjoy making up game like “Stingray Spin,” where they used to grab the stingrays in their mouths and toss them to each other like Frisbees!!
I know this isn't nice to the stingrays, but man, I would love to see that!!!!

I guess it's kinda strange that Mickey and Stitch and a lot of the others are so big, too, but I don't seem to worry about that as much for some reason.
I think it's because Olaf hangs out with humans, where Mickey doesn't necissarily. But you are right.

The tour sounds really cool. Thanks for sharing some of the facts.

It was a really neat experience! Possibly my favourite tour I've been on so far, but I'm becoming more and more into Epcot the older I get and the more we go back.

I read about that somewhere and I think i gasped out loud when I read it. It's funny that you don't think about the fact that water isn't gushing off fo it.

Right!? I felt the same way! It's so smart, and you never even think about where all that water goes.

I don't know your reception and wedding was amazing!

Thanks! It really was just our style, so I definitely won't complain. But that Living Seas lounge is a pretty cool spot. Maybe someday I'll win the lottery and I'll just throw a party there for all my friends! :P

I know this isn't nice to the stingrays, but man, I would love to see that!!!!

Haha I kind of thought the same thing! I think it would be hilarious and really interesting. Dolphins are so smart.

I think it's because Olaf hangs out with humans, where Mickey doesn't necissarily. But you are right.

Oh, that's a good point! That probably has something to do with it.

Yay for updates, I just found these! I still haven’t done the Frozen Sing Along, I have a FP for it in January and plan on doing it this time!

Olaf is such a fun meet, ugh for the annoying people in front of you!

Fantasmic is really a wonderful show, I hope to do it with my sister, she would love it!

I’m glad you enjoyed the tour, this was a winner for us as well. So many fun facts about FW. We only had 3 people in our group to. Our tour guide took us on TT at the end which I think was a bonus, so that was nice!

I love your henna tattoo, very nice.

I also love SE so much, such a favorite and iconic Disney attraction!

Here, Kiershta told us lots about the marine life at Epcot, including how the dolphins are housed alone because they can be bullies….who enjoy making up game like “Stingray Spin,” where they used to grab the stingrays in their mouths and toss them to each other like Frisbees!!

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

:eek: As peaceful and beautiful as this portion of the tour was, I was glad when we moved on to the Land pavilion because I was beginning to have to pee!! Too much water!!

Story of my life.

“Cast Members Only,” which she kindly pointed out to all of them, and which they all blatantly disregarded.

:sad2:

Next, we had a unique part of the tour—visiting cast services and creative costuming!

I think this would have been my favorite part of the tour!

This worked out perfectly, because I had something else on my solo trip wish list: henna at the Morocco pavilion. :hyper:

HNxfLmU.jpg

Nice!!! I love henna so much. Fun morning!

Last edited:
and then the time on the monitor changed to 7:31, and I realized that the bus must have just come before I got there.
This happened to me a couple times and it’s so annoying. You think a bus is right around the corner, but then the time jumps 20 minutes

The first acre of land Walt purchased cost him $80, and by the time he’d finished buying up land, the last acre had risen in price to about $80k.
I knew about the fake companies but I didn’t know the price changed that much. Wow!

SE is self-cleaning
Now I am imagining little windshield wipers popping out on each triangle :p

the water rides at Disney use a chemical called bromine in the water, rather than something harsher like chlorine,
Also interesting. I like that Disney water smell too.

She also pointed out to us that the mosaic mural, which is done by the same artist as the one in Cinderella Castle, is identical on each side except for one tile, which symbolizes the artist’s signature. I challenge you to look for it next time you have some time to kill!
I knew about the odd tile, but I didn’t realize it symbolized the artists signature

Then Kiershta showed us where they clean all the 3D glasses for the rides at Disney World, and told us a bit about the process.
So they really do get cleaned? I was always fearful there was some sweaty guy in the back wiping them with an old rag :rolleyes1

The ride is made to self-correct if the spacing gets off, so if you’re ever in a car on Test Track and you feel it jerking on the track, it’s actually self-correcting,
I find stuff like this so interesting. I really need to do one of these tours someday.

Stinks about the bus! But like you said, it's good when you leave yourself with extra time so you don't have to panic about being late.

SOunds like a cool tour!

I love the henna tattoo you got! So pretty!

Following along for more updates! Your henna was beautiful! Do you remember how long it lasted? Also,
the bromine fact is very interesting. That smell brings back so many memories. I really appreciate that you shared some facts from your tour, but didn't give everything away.

The tour sounds really interesting! I actually didn't know they offered that at Epcot. I told myself I wasn't going to read the update and spoil some of the mystery, but...I couldn't resist. :rotfl2: Fortunately, your update did a great job making me want to hear the information for myself. It sounded like a great follow-up tour to Keys to the Kingdom. Or a tour better geared to the Epcot fans.

Your henna tattoo was beautiful.

I never really thought about doing the Undiscovered tour, but the tidbits you shared make me think I'd really enjoy it a lot more than I thought!!

I am pretty sure I'm going to book myself on the Backstage Magic tour in May. I hope I love it as much as I have the others I've taken.

(Kiershta also taught us about how the water rides at Disney use a chemical called bromine in the water, rather than something harsher like chlorine, and it’s kinder to guests’ skin and clothing. It also gives Disney water rides their distinct smell—one of my favourite smells of all time!)

My favorite, too :)

I did the Undiscovered tour a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. I think it is kind of the EPCOT version of Key to the Kingdom .

Happy New Year!!!!

For someone who had initially arrived at the bus stop 35 minutes prior, and who was concerned about arriving on time to check in for my morning tour, I wasn’t thrilled at this point. But I guess this is exactly why it’s important to give yourself lots of time with Disney transportation. I ended up arriving with time to spare, and all was well.
Ugh I would have been so annoyed. I'm actually surprised to hear that they even share buses. I thought they were big enough to support their own buses :confused3

…and I was in my rain jacket.

JRl9r93.jpg
So glad you went back for your phone :P

Kiershta also taught us about how the water rides at Disney use a chemical called bromine in the water, rather than something harsher like chlorine, and it’s kinder to guests’ skin and clothing. It also gives Disney water rides their distinct smell—one of my favourite smells of all time!
Your tour sounds amazing. I think this is my favorite tidbit. Now I have to find a bromine candle :-)

Here, Kiershta told us lots about the marine life at Epcot, including how the dolphins are housed alone because they can be bullies….who enjoy making up game like “Stingray Spin,” where they used to grab the stingrays in their mouths and toss them to each other like Frisbees!!
Who would have thought the dolphins and not the sharks are the bullies of the sea. Also is it wrong that I want to see a stingray spin?

Then we went up to see the HP lounge inside the Mission Space ride, and Kiershta talked a bit about the transition from Horizons (its predecessor) to Mission Space, and about how Walt was interested in space exploration.

That is really cool looking. I would have thought it was a regular tattoo.

Random aside this past weekend Casey out of nowhere said she wants to get Henna at Disney again but it can't be the black color because it is dangerous. Now its not unusual for Casey to say random things out of no where, but when we questioned why she thought this she said she saw it on Inside Edition. We of course cracked up not only at her comment, but the oddity of watching Inside Edition which I thought had gone off the air like 10 years ago. Apparently this is what my Dad thought she'd like when he watched few weeks ago :upsidedow

HEELLLLLOOOOOOO HUUUMMMAAANNS!

Just wanted to say hello, and to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you all! I have lost both myself, and all sense of time passing, while I've been completely immersed in my school term. During our second year of this program (where I am right now!) we have full class schedules, but we also take part in part-time clinical practicum opportunities. Usually they take place a few hours a week over the course of the whole term, but because of scheduling issues with the team at my site, we've had to condense our whole practicum into less than half the time, and we've been running off our feet! On a positive note though: I've learned that I actually really enjoy working with older adults in long-term care! Who knew!? I haven't had the chance to really read TRs or put together any updates in at least a month. :sad1: (My sincere apologies that I haven't been responding to comments or keeping up with your stories!) But beginning in less than a week I'll be on a week-long study break and I hope to get back here for a few hours here and there to make up for lost time.

In the meantime, I'm sending love and pixie dust to all my Disfriends.
:lovestrucpixiedust::lovestruc

See ya real soon!

Just wanted to say hello, and to let you know that I haven't forgotten about you all! I have lost both myself, and all sense of time passing, while I've been completely immersed in my school term. During our second year of this program (where I am right now!) we have full class schedules, but we also take part in part-time clinical practicum opportunities. Usually they take place a few hours a week over the course of the whole term, but because of scheduling issues with the team at my site, we've had to condense our whole practicum into less than half the time, and we've been running off our feet!

I remember all of that all too well. Hang in there! You'll make it!

On a positive note though: I've learned that I actually really enjoy working with older adults in long-term care! Who knew!?

I really loved it too. I learned a lot and felt like I was making such a positive difference in peoples' lives.

But beginning in less than a week I'll be on a week-long study break and I hope to get back here for a few hours here and there to make up for lost time.

In the meantime, I'm sending love and pixie dust to all my Disfriends.
:lovestrucpixiedust::lovestruc

See ya real soon!

And we'll be here. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter