I don't know why, but the travel Gods smiled upon me today (United)

Farro

Argh.
So I cancelled a trip for this May in January and ended up with $748 credit for my United flights. This was before Covid.
Had to use credit by end of June (when we booked originally).

I looked at one way flights today and our flight for next year's trip was so cheap that we decided to book it and book return flight later.
Well, not only did my credit cover it, it did NOT charge the change fees and we now have over $400 to book our flights home, which should cover that easily. We now have travel certificates with leftover credit to book next flights, so no change fees should be on next trip either? It's just like a gift certificate!

Plus, because we booked now we have no change fees through May 2022!!! (please, let nothing happen where i need to rebook again)

That's all. Just happy about it! :)

Last edited:
We had a similar experience with American. Cancelled April 2020, could only get a voucher. Booked Aprils 2021 tickets that were much cheaper than our 2020 tickets. Now we have a voucher credit that will most likely expire before we can use it, unless they are willing to extend it.
Still happy as we didn't pay more for tickets for next year as I had expected to.
Hoping American will play nice and extend the voucher.

Bought tickets for our Nov 1, 2020 cruise on May 1, 2020. I cancelled accepted a future flight credit then rebooked for Feb 24, 2021. Prices went down considerably so my future cruise
credits covered first class going down and regular coach returning for our Feb 2021 cruise on the Fantasy.

Those are all nice surprises! 2020 isn’t all bad news after all.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!