I Don't Know Where Any of the Bathrooms Are Here!~April 2016~Update 7/12, pg 4!

Oh my gosh- LA traffic is the worst!!! Always backed up! My aunt lives in Acadia, and when she took us to Disneyland for our stay, it was busy and we made sure to not go during full blown rush hour! ;)

I'd been to LA prior, but it was mike and rylans first time ( and H since I was prego!) We stayed with my aunt and uncle and kids and did a few things, then Disneyland for a few days, then back with them for a day-ish before heading home. We layed-over in Denver, though!

How did I know you would definitely go to EOS!? ;) haha! I still have never eaten there! blasphemy, I know!

Not a bad walk from the hojo! We stayed at the Disneyland hotel when we went. I'm sure when we go back ( because I miss it so much!), We may stay at a good neighbor hotel instead. We are dvc, but I hear the grand Californian books up quick for dvc :( We will see! I think we have a year-ish before we can think about booking back for Disneyland!!

Can't wait for the next update!!!! LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!!

Hello!
Thanks for the update :-)
I can totally see your thought process of not going to DL on your first day, I usually do that when I go to WDW, but I will learn from you and if I ever get to DL, I will go the first day!
so I know next to nothing about DL...do they have Magical Express? did you just rent a car to have a car? or is there no ME?? but I guess the Howard Johnson's wouldn't qualify for ME???
I hope you eventually caught up on sleep....
that's cool you went to an Angel's game! where they playing the Red Sox?? I would love to see different stadiums...

Cant wait to read more! :rolleyes1

Loved hearing about your travel day. I could relate to some things. Especially that we also stayed across the street (Best Western Park Place Inn - so right at the crosswalk you used) and had to walk past the park entrances to go to Downtown Disney upon arrival....for Earl of Sandwich! Great minds think alike, haha! But we actually did go into the parks after that lunch. And, speaking of, can't wait to hear about your experiences in the parks! (I mean, the ballpark was cool too, but that's just the prelude to the Disney parks ;)).

Yay! I'm in!!! I have to agree, I am definitely that person who gets turned around in DLR, being SO used to wdw, it's going to be even harder in the fall when we venture to the overseas parks! Shanghai has it completely backwards and Tomorrowland is on the LEFT when you walk in!
Love the updates, flying with southwest seems awesome! Glad that you scored the seats you wanted!
LAX is seriously such a hot mess, I hate it!
EOS! YAS! Seriously that holiday sandwich is something I DREAM about, so good, we always have to have one!
Yay for a fun and cheap game day too!!

Joining in. I am from Northern CA (near Sacramento) so DL is our home park. I know it like the back of my hand and I feel like I know DW somewhat since we have been 4 times BUT we haven't been in 6 years so I know it will be SO different by the time we ever get back. But I just had to laugh because we have the same experiences except the opposite. We love DW because it seems like more of a resort. DL is so much easier though to just get around and not much planning needed etc. Can't wait for your next update!! :)

Yay! I'm in!!! I have to agree, I am definitely that person who gets turned around in DLR, being SO used to wdw, it's going to be even harder in the fall when we venture to the overseas parks! Shanghai has it completely backwards and Tomorrowland is on the LEFT when you walk in!
Love the updates, flying with southwest seems awesome! Glad that you scored the seats you wanted!
EOS! YAS! Seriously that holiday sandwich is something I DREAM about, so good, we always have to have one!

When I went to WDW, the Magic Kingdom was so disorienting to me! Just close enough to DL that I -felt- like I knew where I was going, but things were not quite as they should have been, and I kept running into dead ends or getting lost!

Hey Jen!! I took a bit of a hiatus from the Dis (life & moves--I live in CT now, too!) and was so happy to see you had started a TR when I returned!! Love your TRs and am excited to read this one. Going to DL for one or two days in October and I'm looking forward to getting a preview through your TR!

Very excited Red Sox fan here anxiously waiting to hear about your trip. We are planning an April'17 trip.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to comments, I had such a busy week last week that all of my TR time was kind of used up, haha! But tomorrow there will definitely be a Disneyland update, so stay tuned!

I wanted to cry right along with you picturing standing outside the gates of Disneyland and not being able to go in!!!!! What WERE you thinking?! :)

Haha I know right? I just wanted to make sure I had a full day to devote to Disneyland, and to be honest, there wasn't any other time to go to that Angels game and I know Brandon really wanted to do that! But it was awful walking through the entrance area to Downtown Disney and not being able to go in! :sad:

I'm leaving for my first trip to California tomorrow and after a few days in San Diego, we are heading to Anaheim and doing exactly what you did; arrival day at Downtown Disney and then an Angels game. I will literally be feeling your pain of being so close to Disneyland, but having to wait to go.

Haha, I bet it was awful when you went to Downtown Disney and couldn't go into the parks, wasn't it? I wish we did San Diego, I mentioned that to Brandon a few days ago, how we just skipped San Diego, and he said "I thought it was like 8 hours away" and I said, "No, that's San Francisco, San Diego is like an hour away!" then HE got all upset we didn't go! So next time! Hope you had a great trip! :cool1:

Oh my gosh- LA traffic is the worst!!! Always backed up! My aunt lives in Acadia, and when she took us to Disneyland for our stay, it was busy and we made sure to not go during full blown rush hour! ;)

I'd been to LA prior, but it was mike and rylans first time ( and H since I was prego!) We stayed with my aunt and uncle and kids and did a few things, then Disneyland for a few days, then back with them for a day-ish before heading home. We layed-over in Denver, though!

How did I know you would definitely go to EOS!? ;) haha! I still have never eaten there! blasphemy, I know!

Not a bad walk from the hojo! We stayed at the Disneyland hotel when we went. I'm sure when we go back ( because I miss it so much!), We may stay at a good neighbor hotel instead. We are dvc, but I hear the grand Californian books up quick for dvc :( We will see! I think we have a year-ish before we can think about booking back for Disneyland!!

Can't wait for the next update!!!! LOVE DISNEYLAND!!!!

Yeah that's what we tried to do too, avoid rush hour, but it didn't matter, we were always in traffic, anytime we were on a highway, there was traffic. The ONLY good thing I can say about it, is at least it moves, it's just slow. Around here, we get breaks from the traffic, but there will be times where you're not moving at all. Just sitting on the highway, not moving!

I didn't mind HoJo at all, and a few of the other places looked pretty nice too! I would LOVE to stay at the Grand Californian, even for like, 2 nights, but it's SO expensive! Even with a discount...even with the awesome discount we used for Dapper Day, the GC would have still been way too much! Ugh! But it's so beautiful! I think if you book exactly 7 months out, you can get a room, so if you want to stay there, try that! I think you should do a few nights there at least, it's so beautiful, and the location is amazing! It's practically in DCA! :banana:

Hello!
Thanks for the update :-)
I can totally see your thought process of not going to DL on your first day, I usually do that when I go to WDW, but I will learn from you and if I ever get to DL, I will go the first day!
so I know next to nothing about DL...do they have Magical Express? did you just rent a car to have a car? or is there no ME?? but I guess the Howard Johnson's wouldn't qualify for ME???
I hope you eventually caught up on sleep....
that's cool you went to an Angel's game! where they playing the Red Sox?? I would love to see different stadiums...

Cant wait to read more! :rolleyes1

Haha, I just assumed we would be too tired to go in the parks the first day, and we had that Angels game to go to, but next time, I'm going right in! :rotfl:

There's no Magical Express, I think they have some kind of transportation to the Disney Hotels, but you have to pay for it. And I know a lot of people do the Super Shuttle, but you also have to pay for that, but it's not too expensive. We wanted to rent a car because we knew we wanted to go to LA and the beaches on our non-Disney days, but you can totally just take the Super Shuttle to your hotel and walk everywhere if you don't want to leave the Disney area. I know there is some Anaheim transportation you can take to other places if you don't have a car, but we didn't really look into it because we had a car!

No, the Angels played the Mariners, I wish they were playing the Red Sox! Brandon just wanted to go because he likes the stadium and likes baseball in general. Next time I think we might try to go to a Dodgers game!

Following along! I always love to hear peoples' first impressions of Disneyland!

Yay, glad you're here! :cool1:

Loved hearing about your travel day. I could relate to some things. Especially that we also stayed across the street (Best Western Park Place Inn - so right at the crosswalk you used) and had to walk past the park entrances to go to Downtown Disney upon arrival....for Earl of Sandwich! Great minds think alike, haha! But we actually did go into the parks after that lunch. And, speaking of, can't wait to hear about your experiences in the parks! (I mean, the ballpark was cool too, but that's just the prelude to the Disney parks ;)).

Haha OMG that's so funny that you did the same thing on your arrival day! I wanted to stay at Park Place Inn, but it was booked. That was the only hotel on the street that was booked, but that's the one that is probably the closest to Disneyland, I think! That and the Desert whatever Inn, I can't remember what it's called right now!

I know, I just wanted to get the travel day out of the way, that's why I did it all in one post, I wanted to get to the Disneyland stuff! :jumping1:

Yay, welcome! It was so weird being in Disneyland and assuming it was exactly like the Magic Kingdom...it is, but it's not, if that makes sense! :rotfl:

OMG I'm so jealous you're going to the parks in Asia! It's funny, I just put tweeted about how I can never visit Japan because of those horrifying Japanese giant hornets, and now I'm talking about the Disney Parks in Asia...I want to go to Tokyo Disneyland SOOO bad! Shanghai looks cool, but SO overwhelming! That castle is HUGE! The Tron ride looks amazing, their whole Tomorrowland looks insane! I wish WDW would update our Tomorrowland, as much as I love it, I think it needs a huge overhaul now that I've seen the Shanghai pics!

Southwest is great, it can be a pain because you don't have assigned seats, but if you check in early enough, you're usually fine!

LAX is not what I was expecting...I thought it would be SO nice since it's such a huge airport, and it kind of let me down. I love airports, I'm a loser who would just go to an airport to look around, so when I go to new ones, it's exciting to me, and LAX was kind of boring. MCO is much nicer!

Me too, I crave that holiday sandwich, that's why I try to get it multiple times when I'm in Disney!:cool1:

Joining in. I am from Northern CA (near Sacramento) so DL is our home park. I know it like the back of my hand and I feel like I know DW somewhat since we have been 4 times BUT we haven't been in 6 years so I know it will be SO different by the time we ever get back. But I just had to laugh because we have the same experiences except the opposite. We love DW because it seems like more of a resort. DL is so much easier though to just get around and not much planning needed etc. Can't wait for your next update!! :)

Welcome! :wave:Oh wow, yeah, WDW will be SO different to you when you go back! Honestly, I go maybe twice a year, and I was last there in December, and I'm not going again until October, and there is SO much new stuff opening by then that it's going to be different to me too! They're always changing it, which is why you can keep going back! And I'm stressed already about planning this October trip because the new Frozen ride AND the new Soarin' will be open, and I'm already worried about getting FP+ for those rides, even thought I'm nowhere near my 60 days yet! Disneyland is so much better with the old FP's (although I've heard they're changing them a little!) it's so much easier to do things there!

When I went to WDW, the Magic Kingdom was so disorienting to me! Just close enough to DL that I -felt- like I knew where I was going, but things were not quite as they should have been, and I kept running into dead ends or getting lost!

Haha that's how I felt at Disneyland, everywhere I went was a dead end, haha! :rotfl:

I cant wait to read the coming posts...Looking forward to it!

Yay thanks, I'll definitely be doing the first Disneyland update tomorrow! :cool1:

Following!

Welcome! :wave:

Hey Jen!! I took a bit of a hiatus from the Dis (life & moves--I live in CT now, too!) and was so happy to see you had started a TR when I returned!! Love your TRs and am excited to read this one. Going to DL for one or two days in October and I'm looking forward to getting a preview through your TR!

Hey! I love when my old DIS friends show up! :wave: I took a DIS hiatus too, it's hard getting back into it, because I just don't have time to read the DIS for hours and hours like I used to, but I miss it! That's awesome that you're in CT now, I wonder if you're near me at all? I'll help any way I can if you have DL questions, although I'm certainly no expert, haha, that's awesome that you're going in October! The next time I go has to be around Christmas, I absolutely have to see that park decorated for the holidays, so I'm hoping November/December 2017!

Very excited Red Sox fan here anxiously waiting to hear about your trip. We are planning an April'17 trip.

Yay welcome! :cool1: April was such a great time to go, the weather could not have been more perfect!

Disneyland! I'm Going to Disneyland!

4/24 Sunday

Hi everyone! Sorry it took so long for me to do the 2nd update, I was really busy last week and just didn't have a chance, but hopefully that won't happen again!

(Oh, and before I post this, let me just apologize if my photos are all sized differently...as I was doing this update, some photos were fine, and some said they were too big, so I had to resize them, so I have no idea what they're going to look like once this is actually posted! If it's awful, I'll have to figure something out for the next update...I can't use photobucket anymore because I'm almost at my limit, so I'm using the DIS to upload them, which I've never done before, and resizing them is such a pain! :faint: But if they're annoying, I'll figure something out!)

Anyway, we left off ending our first day, getting back to the room after the Angels game. At that point, we were almost awake for 24 hours and were really tired and just wanted to go to sleep. So we tried to go to sleep and I just couldn't. Brandon couldn't either, which is weird for him, because he can usually fall asleep anywhere. But eventually he did and I was still wide awake. I was exhausted but my eyes just would not close. I couldn't get comfortable. Finally, since there were 2 beds in the room, I went into the other bed, put my headphones in and watched YouTube on my phone. Sometimes when I can sleep I'll do that, because just listening to someone talk can put me to sleep, but that didn't work. Then I switched to Pink Floyd and eventually I fell asleep. Then woke up at 4. And that was it. I was up. I tried to go back to sleep for like, an hour, but around 5 I was like, whatever, it's not happening. So I got up and took a shower and started getting ready for the day.

Maybe I couldn't sleep because it was going to be my very first time in DISNEYLAND! Maybe I was just too excited. I felt excited but I also felt nervous. I was so afraid I'd hate it. I was afraid I'd walk into the park and just burst into tears because I'd want to be in Florida. I knew I was being dramatic and ridiculous but it was weird having such mixed emotions about going into a Disney park that I've never been in. I guess I can cross the other Disney Parks in the world off my list of places I ever want to visit, because if I can't handle California, how would I ever feel going into Tokyo Disneyland or something?

I got ready then woke Brandon up so he could take a shower and just sat and waited for him so we could leave. Disneyland opened at 8 am that day, so I wanted to be in line by 7:30. I told him all of this the night before so I could figure out what he wanted to do for breakfast. We kind of disagree about breakfast in Disney sometimes, haha. I just want to get to the parks and worry about eating later, and he hates doing anything without eating first, so now I try to make time for that before getting into the park. And there was no way I was wasting precious Disneyland time looking for a place to eat, so I told him Panera and Mc Donald's were on the walk on the way over, so we decided to go to one of those.

Finally we were out the door, walking over to Disneyland! I took this picture on the way over, because I thought the sun and palm trees looked so pretty, so California.

IMG_0768.JPG

We decided to go to Panera since it was before Mc Donald's and we just had Mc Donald's breakfast the day before at the airport. There was a line and I started freaking out that we wouldn't be in line at Disneyland by 7:30 like I wanted, but it moved quickly and we got our food pretty fast. We ate and left and finally made it to Disneyland!

I read that the bag check lines get super long and crazy, which is why I wanted to get there early, but they weren't too bad yet, so we went through and got in line to get into Disneyland. Brandon started complaining that we had to wait to get in, but I explained that the park wasn't even open yet, which is why we were just standing there.

Before it was 8:00 they started letting people in, and it takes SO much longer for people to get in with those paper tickets than it does in Disney World! Especially if it's your first time in the park like it was for us, they have to take your picture and make you sign the back of your ticket...once it was our turn, I was in such a panic, I just wanted to get in and finally see this place in person and it just took SOOOO long!

Finally we were in, sort of. In front of the train station, which I had to stop and look at for a minute.

IMG_0769_opt (2).jpg

I've seen pictures of this train station so many times, and it felt so weird to be seeing it in person. And it was just right there! The one in Florida seems so far away, even when you're standing right in front of it, this one was so close, I felt like I could just reach up and touch it.

It was time to finally walk into the park. In Disney World, we usually go in the right side, so in Disneyland, we were going in on the left. I was telling Brandon I was going to cry and he was kind of laughing at me, telling me to stop because he didn't want me to be the only person standing in Disneyland crying, but it didn't work.

IMG_0770.JPG

I walked in and my eyes immediately filled with tears. I had my sunglasses on though, so it wasn't obvious, but I just looked around and felt so at home, and yet so disoriented at the same time. When you're so familiar with Disney World and then you go to Disneyland for the first time, it's just really strange. Everything seems familiar to you, but it's different. The biggest difference is how small the buildings on Main Street are, and then once you see the castle, it's just so tiny! I wanted to take my time and look around Main Street but I saw people lining up, waiting for lands to open, since it was still a little before 8, so I figured we should probably go stand somewhere. I had no idea what to do first. I asked people on the DIS what to do, and a lot of them suggested Fantasyland first, but I didn't want to do Peter Pan first, since it's in Disney World. I wanted to do something that was just at Disneyland.

IMG_0771_opt.jpg

While we were trying to figure out what to do, I had to take a picture of the Partners statue in Disneyland, since I always take one in Florida. I did it quickly, since people were trying to take their pictures in front of it, which is why it's not really centered, but look how tiny the castle is in the back! In Florida, it's the entire background, but here, it's just a tiny little thing!

Finally the ropes were dropped and we just followed people, not really knowing where we were going. We ended up in Fantasyland on the right side, we didn't go through the castle, we went around it and saw the Alice in Wonderland ride. That was one I knew I wanted to do and there was no line, so we went on. Our first official Disneyland ride! It was pretty cool, Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite Disney movies, so to see it in dark ride form was awesome, and I loved the little caterpillars you get to sit in! I forgot to take pictures, I was just so overwhelmed that day, I really wasn't great with the picture taking, there was just so much to see! And I wanted to make sure I actually saw it, not just through my camera, you know?

After Alice, we went across the to the Matterhorn, which would be closing the next day for a week or two, so this was the only day we'd get to ride it. The line was already pretty long, and this is where I got a weird feeling about Disneyland. I didn't like the Matterhorn area very much. I didn't like the line, I didn't like the music, it just didn't seem very Disney to me, it felt like I was in some old theme park that could have just been anywhere. I kept my feelings to myself though, because Brandon was already telling me how much he loved Disneyland!

After about 15 minutes in line, we were on our bobsled and honestly, I was not a huge fan of the Matterhorn. At all. Like, if it was open the rest of the week, I wouldn't bother going on it. It was SO jerky and uncomfortable, which would have been fine, if you went fast at all, but it was so slow! I felt like I was on a really horrible version of Expedition Everest, so maybe I was a little biased, since EE is one of my favorite rides at Disney World. I kept telling myself not to compare everything to Disney World, but how can you not? :confused3:rotfl:I was happy we went on it, because I feel like it's a classic Disneyland ride, but once was enough for me!

When we were finished, we walked over to Tomorrowland to check out Hyperspace Mountain. I knew the line would get long for this so I figured we should grab a Fast Pass early. We had no idea where to go, then we saw the sign for Hyperspace Mountain, but had no idea where the Fast Pass machines were! We had to ask a CM, who told us we had to go inside to find them, which was so weird to me. So we walk down this long entrance area and there are the FP machines. We get one with a return time of 10-11. I miss paper Fast Passes so much! I just think they are so much better than FP+ in Disney World! Oh well!

We had some time before our FP, so we walked back through Tomorrowland and decided to go to Adventureland. There were a few things I didn't like right away about Tomorrowland...one was the lack of Tomorrowland music! It was all Star Wars music! I LOVE Star Wars, and I would have been fine with some Star Wars music, but it was all Star Wars, all the time! I really missed the Tomorrowland soundtrack, it's one of my favorites, I even have it on my phone and listen to it the car. :rolleyes1 The other thing I didn't like was how crowded it was...it felt like we were in a little hallway, instead of a land. I know it's because Disneyland is small and there's nothing they can do about that, but with all of the strollers parked in the middle, you really just felt like you were walking down a Tomorrowland themed hallway. That area got so crowded, I didn't even want to be in it, which is strange, because I can just hang out in Tomorrowland in Disney World for hours and not do anything. Just watch the Peoplemover go by and listen to the music!

Adventureland seemed much better when we got there, I knew walking in that I would love it in there, and I did!

IMG_0772_opt.jpg

The only complaint I have about Adventureland...NO MUSIC! What's up with that, Disneyland! I love my Adventureland music, and the only place I heard it was near Tarzan's Treehouse, but when you actually walk through Adventureland, it's silent! :sad:

I loved Adventureland, yes it's small, but at least you feel like you're in Adventureland, as opposed to the Tomorrowland hallway. There was just so much detail in everything there, I almost liked this area a little better than Disney World's.

We were here for a reason, we wanted to go on the Indiana Jones ride, which I heard was one of the best rides in Disneyland! I think it said there was a 5 or 10 minute wait, so we jumped in line. Really, there was no wait, it just takes that long to walk through the queue area, which is SO AWESOME! Like seriously, it might be the best queue area of any ride ever.

The ride vehicles are just like Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom, which made me a little uneasy, since I always feel like I'm going to be thrown out of Dinosaur, and this was no different! But the ride is so awesome, that I didn't care! It was AMAZING! I love when rides that are hyped to be the best actually live up to the hype, because it's probably the best ride in Disneyland. I didn't take any pictures, but it you're really curious, you can probably find a ride through on YouTube...but if you've never been to Disneyland, just wait to see it in person! I'm so glad I did, it's so much better when you have no idea what's going to happen!

After we finished there, I was dying of thirst, because even though it was cool out, being in the sun for extended periods of time just kills me, and I knew I had to drink something or I'd get a migraine or worse. So we went towards New Orleans Square and then I remembered, that's where you get Mint Juleps!

IMG_0773.JPG

Before we got a drink, Brandon wanted to use the bathroom and he asked me where they were. Uh hello, I've never been here either, why are you asking me? :rotfl2:We wandered around a little, looking for bathrooms, and finally he had to ask a CM, who pointed us back in the direction of New Orleans square, right near the Mint Julep area. This would be a common theme in our time in the Disneyland parks, which is why this TR has the title it does. We know where probably 90% of the Disney World bathrooms are, but we had no clue in Disneyland!

We got in line to get a Mint Julep and Brandon said he was going to get one too, and I talked him out of it. I told him to just get water because I had a feeling he wouldn't like it, and to try mine first and to get another one if he liked it. Good thing I did, because when I got mine, he took a sip and hated it! I knew he'd hate it, he doesn't like minty drinks!

IMG_0774.JPG

I, of course, loved it, because I love anything with mint! It was minty and citrusy and so refreshing, I think I kind of chugged it because I was so thirsty! Brandon also ended up getting the beignets that I've read so much about, the cute little Mickey shaped ones, but they were awful. They seemed stale and just not good. Kind of disappointing, but that's ok! I know a lot of people say the beignets at Port Orleans French Quarter in Disney World aren't that great, but I think they are way better than these at Disneyland! :rotfl:Who knows though, I have nothing to compare them to, since I've never had an authentic New Orleans beignet!

Since we were right near Pirates of the Caribbean, we decided to go on that, because that was another thing we just had to see. Everyone says it's so much better than Disney World, and I just didn't see how, I mean, how different could it be?

IMG_0775_opt.jpg

Well, I certainly found out! It's SO different! Yes, there are scenes that are the same, but there is so much extra! It's like, twice as long and it's just so cool! It's just so fun and relaxing at the same time, especially the beginning when you're just floating through the swampy area near Blue Bayou!

Finally, it was time for our Fast Passes for Hyperspace Mountain! We walked over to Tomorrowland, but before we got there, I had to stop and take a few pictures of the castle, since I didn't do that yet! :eek:

IMG_0778.JPG

They didn't turn out that great, since there were people everywhere, but I got a few that were ok! I figured there would be time to come back and take more throughout the week!

We walked through the Tomorrowland hallway again and made it to Hyperspace Mountain!

IMG_0779.JPG

We handed over our paper Fast Passes and once again, I was reminded how much I missed them in Disney World! :sad: We went in, and the queue area was so awesome, much better than the one at Disney World! Just as long, but there was so much more to look at! It had a huge Star Wars ship in the middle of it (which for some reason, I didn't take pictures of, but Brandon did, and they're on his phone...and I never took his Disneyland pictures off of his phone...oops!)!

Hyperspace Mountain was amazing! First of all, the ride itself is just so much better than Disney World, I like that you side side by side and not single file, and it just feels so much smoother! But the Star Wars overlay is just awesome! It's not something I ever thought Space Mountain would need, but it just makes the ride so much better! I loved it, Brandon liked it but I think he was expecting more. I don't know, I almost got the feeling he liked the Disney World version better, he said this one didn't have the crazy drops like DW does...but I think he's crazy. :rotfl:

By then, it was about 11:00 and I was getting anxious...I wanted to hop over to California Adventure at some point, and it seemed like a good time to do that! So we said goodbye to Disneyland for a while and took the long walk over to DCA! I couldn't wait to see what this park was like!

Up next...California Adventure!

AH!! I miss Disneyland!!!

I can't wait to go back! I was pregnant with Henry last time, so I didn't get to ride some rides, or have any alcohol! :(
So I am definitely looking forward to next time!

I got beignets at a place in downtown Disney (not mickey shaped), but they were delicious!

My favorite rides were Pirates and Alice!! And Mr. Toads wild ride!!

Excited to hear about how you liked Cali Adventure!!!

Hi Jen, Thanks for another great update!
That must be so strange to walk to DL...I mean you walk by Panera and then walk into DL!!! its just so foreign to me...!!!
Now, when you are IN the park, can you see "out"...like can you see the McDonald's and Panera, etc??????

I couldn't stop laughing at your description of the "Tommorowland hallway" it just struck me as so funny!
but, I definitely got a picture in my mind how you described it!
It must be so weird to be there and see things that look so familiar, but so different...like Main Street, I would not have thought the building were shorter!
I heard the castle wasn't as bit, but I didn't even think of the buildings!

I've heard DL Pirates is much better...too bad our Pirates isn't as long of a ride :(

That's weird about the lack of music in Adventureland! wonder if it was 'down' that day???
Ah yes, paper fast passes... BRING THEM BACK!!!!

I am excited to read this TR! My brother recently moved to San Diego, so when we go visit him, we are planning to go to Disneyland. I have the same fears as you do. I am so scared I will hate it, and that I will compare everything to Disney World. Also, I am nervous that there won't be enough to do. Because at WDW, there is so much more to do than just the parks!! And my biggest fear is that I will walk down Main Street and see the castle and be so UNDER-whelmed. (is that a word? :confused3) So, therefore, I am super excited to see what you have to say! I definitely think we have the same likes and dislikes so I am interested to see what you found that you like and disliked at DL.

That said, I can't believe they don't play Tomorrowland or Adventureland area music at DL? Like those are my absolute favorite! (I also listen to them in my car!) That mint julep looks delicious. I love mint! What is in it? Also, was it weird walking to DL, or better than having to take WDW transportation? I have so many questions!! :)

I am super excited to see what you have to say about CA!!

Fun report so far!

Thanks!

AH!! I miss Disneyland!!!

I can't wait to go back! I was pregnant with Henry last time, so I didn't get to ride some rides, or have any alcohol! :(
So I am definitely looking forward to next time!

I got beignets at a place in downtown Disney (not mickey shaped), but they were delicious!

My favorite rides were Pirates and Alice!! And Mr. Toads wild ride!!

Excited to hear about how you liked Cali Adventure!!!

Me too! :sad:

Haha I could never go to Disney pregnant, I would be ok with no alcohol, but I wouldn't be able to not ride roller coasters and ToT!

I think I know where you're talking about, we kept meaning to get them but never did! They looked good though!

I loved the Alice ride, so cute! :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter