I don’t have time for a Doctor, Dec 18/Jan 19 TR updated 6/7

Sorry I've been MIA. Had exams and stuff lately. It was my birthday as well and went to see the new Dumbo live action movie. OMG I LOVE the new Dumbo he's soooooooooooooo cute :lovestruc Will hopefully be back with another trip update over the weekend

Day 10, part 2:

So when I left you we had just watched Beauty and the Beast. We took our time wandering around for a while after then decided to go to see the Indiana Jones Stunt show. They took volunteers from the audience and there was one local girl who was practically jumping out of her seat trying to get them to pick her and when she did you’d swear she had won an Oscar or something! :confused3 The show was ok. We’d never seen it before so it was a good way to kill some time but I wouldn’t be rushing back to it:

Although there was lots of fire so if you’re ever cold it might be a good place to go:confused3:

Afterwards we went to the Backlot Express for some food. I got a hot dog meal:

And still going for a cupcake a day keeps the doctor away I had an Olaf Cupcake:

Momma had the California Chicken Club.

I had a bad bout of coughing while we were here. I kept going into coughing attacks where I would start choking. :sick: Once it settled again we headed over to watch the light projection show on the Tower of Terror.

I wanted to go check out Toy Story land next as we hadn’t seen it ever. There was a projection show on soon though so we didn’t have that long and Momma started arguing that she’d had enough of walking but we couldn’t go to Hollywood Studios and not see Toy Story land so myself and my somewhat disgruntled Momma took a quick stroll around the area to take pictures and it looked awesome. They have a Toy Story section in Paris that we’ve seen before but this is bigger and better.

I spotted Buzz out near Slinky dog but the queues were huge so I just grabbed a picture as I was passing:

Did the same with Woody and Jessie as some lady was getting them to pose:

Then just wandered around taking pictures of the area:

I loved how the green army man was holding up the Ham cookie:

After that we headed out to the front of the Chinese Theatre where the Jingle Bell bam was due to start. There was another show celebrating the movies first:

Then the Jingle Bell Bam came on which was pretty much the same as the first show except with Christmas scenes:

After that we took our time heading for the exit. We wandered down through the shops, I was hoping that by stalling in the shops there would be less people at the buses when we went out. Momma was getting impatient though and wanted to leave and well holy wotsits the crowds at the buses were insane :eek::faint::

Art of Animation bus stop was at the very bottom of the row as well and you couldn’t get passed the crowd so just had to suck it up and walk at a snail pace shuffle the whole way down. Eventually we got to the bus stop and I had another coughing attack only this one was worse than any of the others. I was coughing so much that my body started going in a state like as if it thought I was vomiting. :sick: Gross I know but the real scary thing about it was not one person asked if I was ok, asked if we wanted to go ahead nothing. I literally could have dropped on the spot and they would have walked over me. Don’t get me wrong I didn’t want to be the centre of attention or anything but I just thought how bad it was that someone not just me but anyone could be so sick in a crowd and nobody would try help out. Anyway we did eventually get back to the hotel and we stopped by the food court to fill up our drink cups before heading to bed after 15795 steps for the day.

Last edited:
So sad to see Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris burning tonight. We were there on one of our Paris trips back in 2012. It's such a beautiful old building. Hopefully they can restore it somehow although it doesn't look likely.
SAM_4252_zpsac8f35e4.jpg

Day 11, part 1:

This morning all the walking and being sick finally took its toll and we woke up late… by late I mean we had a breakfast reservation at 9.30 and we woke at 8.30. By the time we got ready we only had 10 minutes to get to the breakfast and we were still in our room at the Art of Animation so we stopped by reception on the way to the buses to take some pictures. I was expecting the tree to be gone any day now:

The plan wasn’t to take some pictures but to ask them to contact the restaurant and tell them we were on the way. There was a rather bored looking CM on the reception desk who told us she would try but couldn’t promise they would answer the phone. We waited in front of her for a few minutes and when she looked up again she wanted to know why we were waiting that we should get to the bus and stop delaying any further…. Eh okay then?! :confused3 On a side note I was wearing my Stitch ears, I’d had made:

And a Stitch t-shirt I’d bought in London:

I mention these because both of them got a lot of attention this day. The bus arrived to Animal Kingdom pretty quickly and as we went in through security one of the officers called me Princess. I was liking this park already! When we got in we saw a station where you could sign up to be a Wilderness Explorer and because we were running late naturally we had to stop and see what it was about. They gave you a little booklet and there was stations all over the park and you went and learned stuff about the countries or animals and then they’d give you stickers, plus it was all free so we signed up!

After that we headed to our breakfast and weirdly enough we were only 15 minutes late which all things considered I didn’t think was that bad! Breakfast if you haven’t guessed it already was a Tusker House! We had been here before and Momma has nightmares about the last time we were here (I on the other hand thought it was hilarious.) Last time we were here there was an over enthusiastic CM trying to win Momma’s affection but Momma wanted to be left alone to eat. He kept coming back and clowning around but she was having none of it. He asked her at one point if it was his hairdo she didn’t like (he was bald.) Then he spotted her putting croissants in her bag so he came back and was like will you like me now because I just saw you putting half the breakfast bar in your bag. The best one was when he came over with three cups and told us it was the best hot chocolate ever and we must try it but then he knocked the tray over and shock horror the cups were all empty, well Momma went from shock to I’m going to kill you in about 2.5 seconds and he scampered off as quickly as he could and didn’t come back… I tell this story because a week before we went to Florida I discovered the same waiter was still working in Tusker House so we went in and I had fingers and toes crossed it’d be him again but alas he was not there and we had a lady called Sylvie waiting on us instead. Sylvie pretty much kept distance mostly but did keep the jungle juice nicely topped up for the whole breakfast. It was a while before characters started to come around so I ran up to get food while we were waiting. There was no breakfast chocolate donuts this time :eek: but at least they had waffles:

Soon after we got the food the characters came round. We saw Daisy, Goofy, Mickey and Donald who was full of hugs. I said to Momma that being called a Princess and getting hugs from a 5ft duck was definitely making me feel better even if I was still very sick:

After that we stopped by another Wilderness Explorer station to get a sticker and learn all about Africa. They asked us to name an animal that comes from Africa, Momma said Tiger, I said she was wrong because the Tiger lives in Asia in Animal Kingdom then realised that they were tricking me into learning on holidays and swore a little! :eek::rotfl:We had fun though before heading on an African Safari where we saw Giraffes (fun fact a week after we were there one of the giraffes gave birth on the Safari trail)

We saw a Baboon which I don’t ever remember seeing on the Safari before :confused3

There was a baby Elephant :lovestruc

The Lion was sleeping:

And there was no poachers at all! Where did the poachers go? I thought the Safari’s always ended early because of poachers?! :confused3Anyways when we got off our Safari we hot footed it over to Pandora where we had another fastpass to be using. But first pictures:

The fastpass was for the Navi River Journey, we waited about 15 minutes with the fastpass:

When we were done we wandered around Pandora for a while taking photos and found the Wilderness explorer stations there and got a few photopass pictures:

We spotted this as we were leaving, :eek: like not a hope I’d be waiting in a line that long:

Call me crazy but I just do not get this whole area. I saw the movie and found it extremely boring, it is not a Disney movie and I do not get why they would dedicate such a large section of the park to it. As far as I’m concerned I’ve seen it, I’ve done the one ride I would have done in it, I don’t need to see it again. But anyway, after that we headed back to Africa to try find the Wilderness Explorer stations we missed. We stopped off at the first aid station along the way to get me more cough drops… they do not give these out for free in the Disney first aid station like they did at Universal studios but they did have packets of cough drops for sale so I got a packet went on my way before a DVC seller could talk Momma into taking time out to go look at DVC rooms. In Africa there was a side section where you could get the stickers from Rafiki’s Planet watch as that area was closed. One thing you had to do was look for these animals in the trees:

They weren’t real but we did spot a real Owl when we were searching for them. The CM said there was two living in the trees in Animal Kingdom that weren’t actually belonging to the park they just chose to live there:

Next we headed to the Gorilla Trek where we picked up another few Wilderness explorer stickers and saw some animals along the way. Look it’s a two headed Monkey… oh no wait that’s a baby:

Oddly enough there was no Gorilla’s on the Gorilla Trek, they did tell us why but I can’t remember now. :confused3 After that we headed towards Asia and the first stop was at Russell and Dugs bird show:

Today was the hottest day of our trip so far so it was nice to sit for a while and watch the show. After that we headed for Maharajah Jungle Trek where we picked up a few more Wilderness Explorer Stickers and saw some Tigers (told you they lived in Asia)

We wandered through the bird trail as well and there was actually birds on the bird houses, last time we were there, there was no birds just these fabulous bird houses:

We also witnessed quite disgusting behaviour from a guest here. There were birds eating from the bird houses and some wandering around the ground and we saw a boy of about 12 actually grabbing and squeezing one of the birds on the ground. :scared1: I gasped and said louder than I intended OMG look what that boy is doing. He dropped the bird when I said it, his mother (or at least the “adult” lady) that was with him just casually walked past him calling him to keep going with her and said nothing to him?! :eek: If it was any child related to me I'd definitely have scolded them and that child was also definitely old enough to know better than to do that to the birds :sad2: Anyways next I had a fastpass to meet Mickey and Minnie so we headed for Discovery Island. There was an Asian couple in front of me that did every pose you can imagine with them. I think the photopass dude was beginning to think it was a little weird. When I went to them they were loving my Stitch t-shirt and ears. Minnie kept sticking her finger through the open holes and the CM asked if my t-shirt had got ripped because there was Stitches all over it. :rotfl2: The photopass pictures from here came out really dark :confused3:

But the CM with them took great pictures on my phone, including one where I was running in to Miss Minnie’s open arms like long lost friends were finally seeing each other again after years apart:

Next I went to see Russell and Dug. I had a few guests in the line asking where I got my Stitch ears as well so I passed on the details before getting many cuddles from Dug:

So I have news... this week people I know are on holiday and I’m bored and had itchy feet so I may have just gone and booked another trip to Disneyland Paris oops :confused3 well silly people shouldn’t be going on holiday and leaving me at home with nothing to do :rotfl2:

Your Stitch ears are adorable!!! Congratulations on the upcoming trip as well.
Thanks. There's a story coming up with those eventually :littleangel:

I'm excited about going back to Disney also a little bit wary :rotfl:We've done DLP 5 times already and sometimes there's alot of rudeness there. One year for example I was physically pushed off the path because a family wanted to stand in front of us at the Christmas tree lighting show :sad2: The last few trips though we went in January and it was quieter, I'm hoping that it won't be full of rudeness again because I'll be there at a busier time of year this year.

So I thought for fun I'd do a quick little side pre trip mention of the details for the DLP trip. For anyone who hasn't been to Paris before there is 6 main Disney Hotels. The Disneyland Hotel is the French version of the Grand Floridian. In Paris that hotel is really cool because you actually enter the main park under the hotel so some of the rooms in that hotel face in to the park! How cool would it be to wake up to a castle view every morning :lovestruc

The two parks are really close together and then the Disney Village is next to the two parks. At the end of the Village is a lake where there are three hotels. The Newport Bay (kind of like Beach club) The Sequoia Lodge (kind of like Wilderness Lodge a bit) then Hotel New York, this one is under refurb atm as it's getting a new Marvel theme makeover. We stayed there on our 2018 trip though:
43868345761_7be965c111_z.jpg

Kind of behind the Sequoia are two more hotels. The Santa Fe which we stayed in with my dance school years back. It had a Mexican vibe when we stayed there but now it's all themed towards Cars. There's also the Cheyenne hotel which is set out like a Western town and obviously has a cowboy theme. I booked this one. I've stayed here before a few times but the rooms have been updated to a Toy Story theme since I last stayed there and there's just something about the hotel that I love:
SAM_2463-001_zps93lve3da.jpg

Of course Mr. Angel will be coming with me as well, he even has his own little Woody outfit for the hotel :rotfl2:

IMG_9828_zpsalcodwd7.jpg

Day 11, part 2:

After meeting Russell and Dug we hung around Discovery Island for a while exploring and picking up a few more Wilderness Explorers stickers. We caught the end of the birds in flight show and they told us to put slow motion on on our cameras to catch the birds flying off. This is what it caught:

We got some photos taken in front of the tree of life:
Then we headed in to Dinoland to try find some more Wilderness explorers stickers. By now according to the booklet we’d got though the Wilderness explorers stations would be closing and we couldn’t spot any around Dinoland so Momma decided it was time for ice-cream so got us two of these :lovestruc

While we were eating I spotted Chip and Dale wandering around dressed as Dinosaurs so decided to follow them to see what was going on:
When I followed them we found a few different meet and greets so Momma found a bench and I ran off to see who I could meet. First up was Launchpad McQuack. He did not like my Stitch ears said Stitch was a trouble maker. While I was there with him another CM wandered over to the CM’s with him and said she was going for food and asked if they needed anything. Launchpad indicated that he wanted her to bring him back chicken nuggets! :rotfl:

Next I went to see Scrooge. There was a couple in front of me and while the CM and photopass person were talking to someone they went up got their photos and left just as quick. The CM commented on it and the photopass photographer seemed a bit annoyed and said well they didn’t even bother looking at the camera so I didn’t bother taking any photos… :confused3 I dunno what was going on but when I went up the photopass photographer took loads of photos and Scrooge wanted to take the jewels off my Stitch Mouse ears:

After that we headed back through Asia and to our surprise managed to get two more Wilderness Explorers stickers near Everest. We thought they were done for the day:

Next we headed to Festival of the Lion King. I love this show. Think we were in the elephant section this time.

After the show got pictures of Simba and Pumbaa although the Cm’s were trying to get everyone to stop taking pictures and leave. I took pictures as I walked:

We slowly wandered back towards where Rivers of Light would be after that. We’d managed to grab a fastpass for it earlier in the day. As we were wandering we spotted the Tree of Life had lit up and there seemed to be a projection show going on on it so we stood in some little section with chairs and no people around to watch it:

We were near the front for Rivers of Light and though it was very good:

After that the park was closed so we had no choice but to head towards the exit, stopping along the way to get some photos in front of the lit up Tree of Life:

Once outside the park I went to take pictures of the Christmas Tree and one CM kept trying to usher me off towards the buses even though there was still loads of others around. I took my Christmas tree pictures first because I knew we wouldn’t be back:

We managed to get a bus back to the Art of Animation a lot quicker here and because we’d hung back to take pictures of the tree there was very little queuing as well. When we got back to the hotel we stopped by Landscape of flavours again for food. This time I got a pepperoni pizza slice which was huge:

Momma got an Asian Chicken Dish which had loads in it as well:
Then I got this cupcake to keep up my cupcake a day keeps the doctor away tradition:
This was the second choice of cupcake that night, we didn’t get it because I thought it looked to purple to be healthy… (because the one I got was totally healthy:rotfl2:)

After that we headed back to our room and fell in to bed with a total step count for the day of 19971. We both agreed that this had been one of our favourite Disney park days so far. The weather was warmer and although we didn’t do many rides we enjoyed the animals and found the Wilderness Explorer thing very interesting. We only missed out on 5 stickers from the whole book as well.

Just found this TR, sounds like so much fun so far! I love SeaWorld since Orcas are my favorite animal but I haven't been back in years. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's awful that you weren't feeling well, I'm amazed at how you powered on. Excited to hear more!

Loving all your pictures!
Thanks

Just found this TR, sounds like so much fun so far! I love SeaWorld since Orcas are my favorite animal but I haven't been back in years. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's awful that you weren't feeling well, I'm amazed at how you powered on. Excited to hear more!
Thanks. I love Seaworld as well. Because we travel so far we try to see everything when we're there. It's also why when I was so sick I insisted on keeping going because we hadn't been for 7 years and don't know if we'll be back again so I wasn't going to spend time in bed although I probably should have

Day 12, part 1:

So this morning we had no breakfast plans so we slept a bit later. We had fast passes booked but moved them to later and took our time getting ready. It was nearing the end of our trip so now we were just going to be going back to parks and trying to cover what we missed the first time we were at the parks! So first stop this morning was Epcot. I wanted to go back to see Baymax again because the first meet with him was a little underwhelming. This one was marginally better because he did hugs but still no Baymax fist bump :sad2: Next though I had fastpasses for Mickey and friends. This was interesting because in front of me there was a family of about 20 people doing several hundred different photo combos and they just would not move on from each character which was obviously causing massive delays for everyone else there so eventually the CM’s went oh no’s the characters need to go for a cheese break what a pity just so they could get that family to leave. Mickey Mouse came over to everyone at the front of the line before he went in and gave everyone hugs and kisses and showed he’d be back soon which I thought was kind of cool. :lovestruc When I went up to him I had my princess autograph book so he pointed at the princesses and then at me, I was like yes Mickey I will be a Disney Princess :lovestruc

Next up was Goofy who was amazed by my top. I had one of the sequins tops that if you brush the sequins one way the picture is different to the other way. He thought it was magic :rotfl2:

Minnie was also there, so once I met her we headed for Living with the Land:

After a quick boat ride with headed over towards figment stopping along the way to pick up a quick snack. I got Hummus and Pretzel’s but didn’t like it so ended up throwing most of it out :crazy2:

We took a journey into the imagination with Figment next:

I picked up a better snack in the shop coming out of Figment in the form of a Frozen Rice Krispie treat:
Next we headed towards World Showcase. I had made a page with Mickey head flags from around the world and we wanted to visit each country to get them to write a New Years message on the back as a keep sake. However at this stage we only had about an hour ish to get around all the countries of World Showcase as we also had to head for an early dinner we had booked elsewhere. We headed to Canada though and we explored it a bit and took pictures of course:

At the Kidcot station we got our pages signed and picked up a little Ziploc suitcase thing that you could collect postcards and stickers from each country on World Showcase in, these were all of them that I got with the picture I'd made to get the messages on. The front of the postcards had pictures to colour and the back had a little fact about the country or whatever was on the front of the postcard:

They also had a pin board for pin trading here so got to do a bit of pin trading. After that Momma decided she didn’t want to try walk all around World Showcase so she found somewhere to sit in the shade and I did a sprint around World Showcase to collect postcards and New Years messages. So from Canada next stop was England naturally. They had a really cool display of dragons in one of the shop window displays:

Running to the next country I spotted Alice out doing meet and greets but I didn’t stop to meet her:

Next up was France, it took me a while here to find the shop with the kidcot station but eventually found it and got our messages. The CM there thought it was a great idea:

Then I went straight to Morocco:

I spent a bit more time in Japan exploring the area:

They had a toy display that I had a quick look at and I spotted Gelatoni, I need him. I have Duffy and Shelly Mai and want the rest of the Duffy friends they’re too cute :lovestruc:

These were all on the wall behind the kidcot station as well I thought they looked cool:

I got a pressed penny here as well and when I picked it up out of the machine it stuck to my finger. It was hot that day and I guess coming from the machine the penny was hot as well but it caused a little blister that took weeks to go away and I still have a tiny mark on my finger from it. :sad: Anyways next up I ran over to the American Adventure area. There was some birds hanging around here looking for food. I tried to get them to pose but they wouldn’t cooperate pfft :rolleyes::

There was no CM at the kidcot station here so had to go in to the shop to get the postcards and get the New Years messages. Then it was straight on to Italy which I spent a bit of time exploring as well:

I loved the music themed masks they had in the shop:

I did some pin trading at the kidcot station here as well before heading to Germany:

I love how they decorate the little train display here with Christmas trees as well:

Next up was China where the most disinterested CM was. I think he may have been falling asleep at the desk and it took him a few minutes to look up and realise there was someone standing there wanting his attention. :rolleyes: Once I got the postcards I ran straight to Norway though. I thought the Christmas decorations here were cute:

The final stop was Mexico and then ran back to Canada to collect Momma. I was pretty impressed with myself that I’d got all around World Showcase, collected all the postcards and stickers and our New Years messages all in the space or an hour and 15 minutes. Once I found Momma again we headed towards the exit taking a stroll through Mouse Gear as we went. Then it was time to say goodbye to Epcot and head to our dinner:

DOUBLE DIGIT DANCE DAY FOR THE NEXT TRIP
party::jumping1::dancer::hyper::banana::cheer2::bounce::cool1::woohoo::yay::dogdance::jumping3::Pinkbounc:dance3:

Day 12, part 2:

So for dinner we headed to Wilderness Lodge. We got there a little early so we did a little pin trading in the lobby while we waited as they had a huge pin board there. Dinner if you haven’t guessed already was in Artist Point. Momma loves Dopey so we booked an early dinner here so she could meet him. We were among the first to be seated. On the table was a little apple shaped card with the characters autographs on that you could keep but they also would sign autograph books as well.

They took our orders and the food was served fairly quickly. First they bring 3 small starters for the table. There’s a little tree in the centre of the table and they put them on that. I thought it was very cute! The starters were a winter squash bisque:

A hunter’s pie:

And a shrimp cocktail:

I don’t think either of us tried the shrimp cocktail but the other two were nice. They weren’t on the warmest side but I was pleasantly surprised by both of the others as they are not something I would order given the choice but I liked them. I also ordered one of the specialty drinks, the transformation potion, which arrived while we were eating our starters. It was lemonade and they poured something blue in when they brought it to the table:

Snow White arrived to a musical fanfare while we were having our starters as well. A CM standing behind us saw me with my camera out and pointed out where the characters would come out each time. As each one came out music was played and they did a little skip and dance around the room before going back to tables to take pictures and sign autographs. After Snow White arrived she was quickly followed by Dopey and Grumpy and our main courses. I had the brother’s Grimm roasted chicken. It was nice but the portion wasn’t massive:

Momma had the royal prime rib roast. I don’t think she had any complaints with it other than the overall price of the meal:

Dopey and Grumpy stopped by our table many times while we were there. They saw me with the camera and did selfies and other photos and when they were dancing about were full of waves for the camera:

Momma got in trouble with Grumpy though. While he was at the table beside us she decided for some reason to feel if grumpy was a man or a woman :confused3 so was rubbing his shoulders and he turned around and was pointing to his eye and pointing at her to let her know he was watching her. It was very funny.

The Desserts were served like the starters, they brought three different ones for the table. There was a gooseberry pie. I didn’t try this one. I think Momma did and thought it was to sour so didn’t eat much of it:

A Poison apple which was kind of a mousse apple:

The miner’s treasure, the green stuff was spongey and then there was little candy pieces through the sponge:

Then separately they brought the hunters gift to the queen which was a silver box and when they opened it smoke came out and there was little chocolate hearts and popcorn inside. They let you take pictures of the box and told me to get the camera ready before they opened it but then they put the popcorn and hearts on a plate and took the box away:

After that I went to meet the Evil Queen. I had read online before we went that she wouldn’t sign autographs here but she did. When she was ready for photos she came over and told me I had permission to come stand beside her. She asked me if I let anyone sign my book and I told her only the fairest of all and she said she was the fairest of all:

We didn’t have dining plan so were paying out of pocket for this so it was a bit expensive, it came to 122.48 before tip but I think it was a nice experience and was different. The food was nice although the portions were all very small but it was nice because it meant you could try everything without feeling over stuffed. The characters were a bit slow coming out at first and we were worried that we would have eaten all our meal and not see them all but when they did come out the interaction, particularly with the two dwarves was great here as well so although it was expensive I was glad we did it once. Once we paid we headed off towards our next destination stopping by the shop on the way out of the hotel for a quick browse. They had a cute bear scene in their window:

Next we headed for Hollywood Studios, I had managed to get fastpasses for Fantasmic earlier in the day so that’s where we were headed. The crowd amused themselves by doing Mexican waves and they likes while waiting for the show and there was a very funny CM at the front selling light up toys and doing various dance routines to the different songs that came on so the time past pretty quickly before the show:

After the crazy wait for the buses the last time we were in this park Momma listened to me this time when I said we should hang back and let the crowd die down before heading for the buses so we browsed the shops while we waited. I spotted this t-shirt which I thought was cute:

Momma said I needed one like it but it was only available in kids sizes so I got someone to make one for me for our next trip:

Our tactic of hanging back in the shops worked as well because when we went out to the buses there was hardly anyone there so we hopped on the art of animation bus and headed back to our Little Mermaid room. Ariel looked so shiny at night time:

As our trip was coming to an end we did a bit of packing before we went to bed after 19,317 steps! :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!