I don’t have time for a Doctor, Dec 18/Jan 19 TR updated 6/7

I could look at the dolphins all day, they're my favorite animal. I love your pirate ears!

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!

I could look at the dolphins all day, they're my favorite animal.
It was awesome the way they reacted to the fidget spinner. Totally didn't expect it at all but loved it. :lovestruc

I love your pirate ears!
Thank you. I was hoping Jack Sparrow would be out and he'd react to them but there was no sign of him :sad:

Looks like you had a wonderful vacation!
It was good, despite a few hiccups here and there

That Mears incident sounds horrible. Certainly not the way you wanted to end what sounded like a fun Seaworld day.
I was so annoyed by it. The most frustrating part was definitely the fact it had been pre-booked because there was soooo many other options there when we came out!

Day 5:

It was New Year’s day!!! After our late night the night before Momma didn’t want to go out early. I woke up early and had a really bad sore throat, it was hurting me when I swallowed but I was restless so went on an adventure by my lonesome. I got the iride to the International Premium Outlets. I had fun spotting the hotel we stayed in last time and places we had visited 7 years ago on the way.

This was new and no way you’d get me on it :eek::

I took this to prove a point to Momma that I was right:rotfl2::

An upside down building called Wonderworks was across from our hotel.

Momma kept saying it was the same thing as Ripley’s believe it or not and I kept telling her it wasn’t that Ripley’s was further down international Drive so when I saw Ripley’s I had to take a picture to prove I was right! :rotfl:Anyway the International outlets were a lot easier to navigate than the Vineland premium outlets. I picked up the voucher booklet from the iride vouchers and a map and then figured out I could walk up one end and down the other and get to all the shops I wanted so that’s what I did and first stop was the Disney store:

They had Shanghai opening day pins for 0.49 cent each! It said 10 per customer and I kind of had to have a mini battle to get one of each of the three different ones because there was another couple taking 10 each but I managed to find one of each of them:

I got a few bits in some of the other shops and picked up a Stitch dog toy for one of my dogs back home, who’s called Stitch:

Then I headed back to the hotel to see what Momma was at. Momma had intended to have a lie in but apparently the cleaners disturbed her again so she got up and did some washing. When I got back we both had a nap and when we woke again we headed to Disney Springs and holy wotsits it was packed! :eek: We got a Lyft to it and he dropped us at the West side and we had to get a boat over to the Marketplace. We popped in to Goofy’s Candy Co. first to check out the treats. I can never justify paying 10.99 for an apple but they’re cute:

I did get a little cake pop and some mints though:

Then we went for food in Earl of Sandwich. Everywhere was packed and there was much confusion here especially with the ordering at one counter, paying at another and collecting at another. Two girls in front of me had collected their order without paying somehow and it just seemed really disorganised. I did manage to get two chicken Caesar salad wraps and chips (we call them crisps!)

After that we just browsed the shops for a bit. We went in to World of Toy, it is literally half the size that it was last time we were there. I found park Tsum Tsum in there though so got those. We went to the Pin traders shop and did a bit of pin trading. Next we went to Basin. I got a soap and they had bath salts that looked kind of interesting plus the tubs were fairly cheap. I couldn’t decide which scent to get so I got them all. Then we got some of the mini bath bombs because they were cheaper than the big ones although I did like the way the Mickey heads were on the bigger ones:

These were all the purchases and pins trades I made in Disney Springs. When I was paying for the bath salts in Basin the CM started tapping it on the counter and when she did the salts settled a bit so there was room at the top for more so she told me to go put more into it which I thought was kind of cool:

Next I popped in to World of Disney, wowsers I’d forgotten how big that place was. I did some pin trading and just browsed . I’m not sure whether this stand was cool or a little creepy that a load of dolls made up her skirt:

I loved the stitch drawings around the Stitch and Angel plushies:

Momma in the meantime had been chatting to this really tall dude outside:

After that we headed to the Christmas tree trail. There seemed to be a one way system going on through the trail so I went through twice to take pictures of the trees on both sides.

I loved the “fairy” on top of the Toy Story tree:

This one was one of the ones that seemed to be most talked about online before I went over:

Princess and the Frog tree:

The trees all looked great but I loved the details when you got in closer that you wouldn’t necessarily have been able to spot from standing back to take pictures like the frog on the lily pad on the Princess and the frog tree:

Or the robin feathering his nest on the Mary Poppins tree:

We took a quick peek in to the Christmas shop after that as Momma wanted a decoration she saw but she didn’t like the price tag so ended up not getting it but there was some cute decorations:

I do martial arts (badly) and it’s all dragons and tigers so I really wanted this for my Disney tree but it was 25 dollars so no way I’d pay that for it:

There was some pretty cool princess themed baubles as well:

After that we tried to order a Lyft back to the hotel but had a tiny bit of trouble, first because we were confused where we should be requesting the pick up for, we asked a security guard though but then the wifi kept cutting out so I had to keep walking around to try get wifi signal then once it was sorted it said pick up was in 5 minutes so I ran back grabbed Momma and headed to the pick up area. Back at the hotel we got some throat drops in Walgreens to try help my throat before heading to bed.

I forgot to say on Day 5, there was a free bus that you could book from our hotel to Universal Citywalk. Momma tried to book it for us while I waited for our Lyft to Disney Springs but when she came out she said she hadn’t managed to book it because the lady at the desk tried to get her to go to a time-share meeting instead of letting her book the bus. She said she asked was she alone or if she had people travelling with her and said she could book her on the bus if she went to this meeting in the morning first. Momma declined and we decided to get a Lyft instead soooo…

Day 6, part 1:

This morning when I woke up my throat was still at me, it was really sore when I swallowed and I was coughing a bit more but we got ready and booked a Lyft to Universal. The taxi guy got confused when he dropped us off because he wanted to drop us at Universal and not Citywalk but couldn’t get near to it so drove around for quite a while before I copped on what he was trying to do and told him to just drop us at Citywalk because I’m pretty sure you can’t drive up to Universal Studios itself! Citywalk was super crowded! We spotted this dude outside Bubba Gumps so stopped for some selfies:

Then we took our time heading to Universal Studios, stopping to take pictures along the way:

Once inside we sorted Momma’s disability pass and our photo card before heading for Minion Mayhem:

We were let in a side door with Momma’s pass and we asked for stationary seats however we were sent the wrong way and there was no TM closer to the doors so we ended up in the moving seats and both ended up just closing our eyes and holding on until it was over. Momma’s back was hurting after the ride because it jerked so much so definitely not a good start but there was a Minion outside so we stopped for photos before heading out:

Next we went to visit Shrek and Donkey. I went up first and Donkey was asking if they still did Irish Dancing in Ireland with the funny shoes. I said we did that I used to do Irish dancing and Shrek started dancing. Donkey said they asked people from Scotland that and they said nobody really does the Highland dance thing anymore so it was great we still danced about in the funny shoes. I got my pictures with them then I asked Momma if she wanted to join me for a photo. Donkey passed some comment like hurry up while we’re both still young which offended Momma or something so she decided to be smart back. When he asked her name she said it was Jack… Donkey didn’t get it and to be honest neither did I. :confused3 He kept saying no but what is your name and she just kept saying Jack, then she eventually went Jack as in Jack-a**. :eek: I think Donkey was a little shocked so he was like “Oooooh this one is Sassy” then he asked me if she was a pain to live with. :rotfl:As we were leaving when he thought we couldn’t hear he said she was weird to Shrek, we thought that was funny, like he's a talking Donkey and he thinks Momma's weird :rotfl2:

After that weird little moment we took our time wandering around the park, we went up to the Christmas tree next to take some pictures:

I had read online before our trip that there was a hidden squirrel on the tree. It was something to do with while the tree was in storage someone picked it up one day to do work on it and a squirrel jumped out at them so they put this squirrel in to honour that moment. I stood examining the tree for a few minutes to see if I could spot it and sure enough I spotted one bit that looked different from the rest of the tree and let a shout “I SEE IT, THERE’S THE SQUIRREL!”

It kept slowing coming out and going back in on the tree. Momma was amazed I’d spotted it. Nobody else around seemed to be paying it any attention at all. Anyway next we headed to Diagon Alley. This was all new since our last trip and I was surprised by it. I was expecting it to be small and squashed like the Hogsmeade area in Islands of Adventure but it wasn’t. Before you went in to Diagon Alley they had the knight bus and Grimmauld Place.

At number 12 Grimmauld place, Kreacher the house elf would appear at the window every so often as well:

Once you went in to Diagon Alley there was two kind of streets divided by shops but the whole area seemed bigger and had more space in it that the Hogsmeade section. The shops were still small inside but in general outside felt like there was more space. We wandered admiring the shop fronts for a while:

Then watched the Dragon, you knew when it was going to breathe fire by the crowd because everyone would stand with their phones ready to take a picture or video of it:

Next we headed to the Leaky Cauldron for lunch. They said the wait time was 45 minutes but you couldn’t go to Diagon Alley and not eat in the Leaky Cauldron! You had to order and pay at the counter and collect your drinks there. I got a Frozen Butterbeer and a Tongue Tying Lemon Squash, the squash was a bit bitter first but nice once you got over that, I actually liked it more than the butterbeer:

Momma got the Otter’s Fizzy Orange Juice, she said it was nice:

Once you had your drinks a witch or wizard would bring you to your seat which I thought was great because in the Three Broomsticks the last time we were there it was nearly impossible to find a seat. They gave you a number and I heard one witch telling a little boy that when you placed the number on the table it told the house-elves in the kitchen what you wanted to eat and then a witch or wizard would bring your food. Momma got bangers and mash and was delighted they had vegetables:

She also got a Cranachan for dessert:

I got the chicken sandwich:

And a sticky toffee pudding for dessert:

The food was nice and not to expensive as theme park prices go, of course then we couldn’t leave without taking a photo of the leaky cauldron itself:

Bellies full we headed out of Diagon Alley and over towards the Simpsons area to check out all the new things there:

We just wandered through the area, watching the games and taking pictures as we went:

We spotted Dora and Diego out doing meet and greets with no line so went over to say hello (If the character has no queue I don’t care who they are. I’m getting pictures :goodvibes)

We were going to go on the E.T. ride then but it was broke down so we popped in to the shop to get some of the photo ops done before the ride:

When E.T. opened again they gave Momma a return time to come back so she didn’t have to wait in line, I was getting really drowsy from not feeling well in general so we just sat on a wall and I had a nap while we waited.

Last edited:

Day 6, part 2:

My nap didn’t last very long because soon it was time for us to hop on a bike and help E.T. save his planet:

After E.T. saved his planet we headed for animal encounters, then as we were leaving that we heard a lady ask a TM where was the best place to stand for the parade so we took his advice and sat on the curb waiting for the parade. While we were waiting though the Minion kids, Vector and Gru came out for photos and autographs:

Soon enough after that the Universal Holiday Parade featuring Macy’s started and in true Theme park fashion as the parade started people rushed up and started giving out about the fact their kids weren’t at the front…. Here’s a tip, you want your kid at the front get there early!!! Anyway the parade was good and had loads of characters. We got to see it twice pretty much because where we were standing we could see it coming out of the gates and then it circled around the block and came past us on it’s way back in the gates.

After I took that photo ^ one of the dancers came over to me. I was wearing a Mickey Mouse hoodie, which was probably a sign of how sick I was about to get because it was 79 degrees and I was going around with a hoodie on but anyway because it had Mickey Mouse all over it he said I was in the wrong park and asked me if they didn’t tell me I wasn’t going to Disney that day.:rotfl2:

After the parade I wasn’t feeling well at all. I’d had a sore throat that was making it hard to swallow for two days, I’d been coughing more and more and after the parade I had pains everywhere so I may have got a tad emotional and sat and cried with the pain. :sad2::sad::sick: Momma wanted to leave the park and go find a Doctor but I was aware if we left we wouldn’t have time to come back and see whatever we missed so once I calmed down a bit we went to the first aid station to see if they had anything that would help. They gave me pain killers and cough drops and sent me on my way. We sat for a while waiting for the pain killers to kick in then slowly wandered back to Diagon Alley to take pictures at night.

We browsed through some of the shops and I got one of those cauldron cakes. It came in a little plastic cauldron that you could keep and the box had the recipe on it in case you wanted to make your own cauldron cake when you got home:

Celestina Warbeck was out singing so we watched that briefly as well:

After that we left Diagon Alley and took our time heading for the Simpsons area again:

We decided to head in to Krusty Burger for something to eat before the fireworks started. I got a Krusty Burger because what else would you get in Springfield but a Krusty Burger:

Momma went to Cletus’s Chicken Shack which was basically beside Krusty Burger in a food court style layout and she got a Chicken Waffle Sandwich:

Both meals were fine, nothing exciting but filled a hole. As we were leaving Springfield we spotted what the photo card called a selfie station. It was basically a thing where you could scan the card and get a photo with something in the background. This one was at the back to the future car. I thought it was a cool idea for random things around the parks to be able to get a photo without a photographer being there:

After that we headed to pick a spot for Universal’s Cinematic Celebration. This was a water fountains, projections and fireworks show. They had a tiered area where you could go in and stand and watch and we didn’t have any trouble finding somewhere to stand there.

For the most part our view was fine where we were give or take one or two poles but considering we arrived fairly close to the starting time of the show we were happy until this dufus came with a selfie stick and shoved it right up in front of my face so he could get the perfect view. I shouted at him to move it from in front of my face! I thought those things were banned in the parks anyway?!

Anyway after that we let the crowds clear a bit and just wanted some of the shops admiring the goodies. They had a Hello Kitty shop where you could get Hello Kitty themed apples:

I wandered up to take a picture of the Christmas tree by night:

In Citywalk we were going to have a look in Voodoo Doughnuts but they wouldn’t let us in to just look and there was a massive queue around the side of the shop so we decided to skip it after taking a picture of the doughnut throne:

We headed for our hotel bus, we had a bit of trouble finding it so asked security and they pointed us in the right direction. As everyone got on the bus the bus driver was checking what hotel everyone was going to so he could make sure you were getting the right bus. He said there was 9 Rosen Inn’s on International Drive all with different names and he didn’t stop at all of them. He asked one man what Rosen Inn he wanted to get off at and the man started having an argument with him saying he should just drive and the man would get off whenever he felt like it! :eek: The bus driver just shrugged and told him if he was on the wrong bus he could stay on it for the night then. After that drama we eventually got back to our own hotel around 10.45 and with a total step count for the day of 13566, I fell straight asleep!

Last edited:
Your pictures are awesome!

You were a real trooper staying in the park even though you were ill

Sounds like you did a lot that day/night

Your pictures are awesome!

Thanks. I always take loads I think there was over 5000 from this trip between the phone, camera and photopass cards :rotfl:

You were a real trooper staying in the park even though you were ill
After flying 11 hours I wasn't about to let some illness stop me going to the parks, hadn't got time to be sick like! :rotfl2:

Sounds like you did a lot that day/night
We did get quite a bit done. I found though that days we did rides we were only managing 4/5 rides because queues were to long or show times got in the way. We still did alot though

Did you see the Horror Make Up Show?

I try to catch it a few times each trip

Script and actors do change the dialogue a bit and each show has something a tad different in it

Did you see the Horror Make Up Show?

I try to catch it a few times each trip

Script and actors do change the dialogue a bit and each show has something a tad different in it
We didn't get to it this time. We did see it on our last trip though.

Day 7, part 1:

So I didn’t get the best nights sleep. Every time I lay down I’d start coughing so I ended up having to prop myself up with cushions and sleep sitting up so when we woke up the next morning the first thing Momma wanted to know was if I wanted to get a Doctor. I was like NO, we don’t have time we need to get to the parks! I did pop over to Walgreens and pick up some tablets for cold and flu though in the hopes that whatever I had might go away in a hurry. Then we got the bus back to Citywalk again. We stopped in the studio store in the hopes that some of the entrance crowds would have died down when we went to the park. When we did go to the park they had an entrance off to the side with barely any queue so we headed in that direction and in less than 5 minutes we were in Islands of Adventure! I had brought my trip mascot with me so we stopped to take some pictures and I had to put him in it:

We wandered through some of the shops, then spotted a photographer out so got some pictures taken and Angel got Mike Wazowskied :rotfl::

After that we headed to Seuss landing where our first stop was the Cat in the Hat ride which was pretty much a walk on:

We spotted Sam I am out doing meet and greets so stopped for some photos with him:

Then headed for the High in the Sky Trolley Train Ride which empties out into a sweet shop:

I got a rice krispie cake pop for breakfast:

After that we headed to watch Grinchmas, very cute show:

When we came out we spotted Sam I am out with the Lorax, we didn’t stop but I took a quick pic of the Lorax as we passed by:

We started to wander towards the exit of Seuss Landing but spotted some more characters out on our way so first up we met the Grinch, he wasn't as funny as the last time we saw him though although he did comment that I had given him a rat book when I handed him the Disney autograph book to sign :rotfl::

We had also spotted The Cat in the hat and the Things but they were taking a break by the time we met the Grinch so we decided to wait nearby until they came out. I had Grinch hair bows in that day and while I was standing talking to Momma the Who’s came over to us and were looking at my hair bows. They said they liked the bows because I looked like a present but they didn’t like the fact there was someone very smelly on there, :rotfl2:then they wandered in to the shop to pick up some presents:

It was a little random but funny all the same. Shortly after that Cat in the Hat and the Things were back so we got some pictures with them. The Cat tried to write on my head with a sharpie for some reason as well :confused3:

After that we headed to Hogsmeade stopping to watch the Mystic Fountain along the way:

Our first stop in Hogsmeade was the Three Broomsticks for some lunch. They’ve started seated people in here as well, they weren’t doing that last time we were there but I think it works much better because it was impossible to find seats last time we were there. Anyway I got the Shephard’s Pie which was served with garden salad:

Momma got the Cornish Pasties with garden salad. They were described on the menu as Flaky pastry pies filled with ground beef, vegetables and potatoes so she was kind of expecting a big pie with some vegetables and potatoes like she had got in the Leaky Cauldron but instead this is what she got:

The pies were tiny, that picture makes them look bigger than they were and she was very disappointed in it. I gave her some of the shephard’s pie and she said that the bit of Shephard's pie I gave her was the best thing she got in the Three Broomsticks. :sad2: Drinks wise I got another Tongue Tying Lemonade:

And a Frozen Butterbeer:

After that we took some pictures around Hogsmeade:

Someone had an interactive wand and when they pointed it at the cauldron on the wall it would tip over and pixies popped up:

After that we headed for Hogsmeade Station to take a ride on the Hogwarts Express:

Because Momma had a disability pass she basically got to skip the queue and go up to the platform in a lift so soon enough we were boarding the train to Diagon Alley:

There we decided to wander into Diagon Alley to take some more daylight pictures:

They were doing a play of one of the Beedle the Bard stores about the deathly hallows with puppets so we stopped to watch that for a while:

We also popped in to Gringotts Money Exchange to see the Goblin talking and price Wizard Monies but it was more than we wanted to spend:

After that we came out of Diagon Alley and I left Momma sitting nearby while I ran off to a stall I’d seen the night before with a cool Tigress from Kung Fu Panda on it. While I was over there I spotted Beetlejuice:

He was headed for a break but when he went in Homer and Lisa Simpson came out so I hopped in line for a quick picture. While Lisa was signing her autograph Homer bumped her elbow deliberately so her autograph got messed a bit and she wasn’t happy about it but it was funny:

Last edited:
Have to tell you again, your pictures are awesome!

Thanks for including pics of some of my favorite characters

I adore Thing 1 & 2

Day 7, part 2:

After meeting the Simpsons we went to try get a return time for the Hogwarts Express we had a bit of a wait so we decided to go watch the Fear Factor show. We weren’t impressed, we thought it was gross and dumb but hey we’ve seen it once so we never have to go again:

After that we headed back to King’s Cross and got the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade. There was a worried looking Hedwig on the station platform:

Back in Hogsmeade we headed towards Jurassic Park taking pictures along the way:

On the way in to Jurassic Park we spotted another one of their selfie stations so got some pictures before heading off to meet a Raptor. This was hilarious! The Raptor moves from side to side creeping up behind you closer to you and there’s a team members there making the whole thing very dramatic. Momma kept backing away from the Raptor while the dude was shouting “NO DON’T EAT IRELAND!!!” I laughed a lot! :rotfl2::rotfl:

After that we headed to Burger Digs for food. For some reason I didn’t take a picture of what Momma got so I presume she got the same as me which was a Bacon Cheese burger platter:

The food was fine; nothing to exciting but it filled a hole. We took a few pictures of the Dinosaurs in the Discovery Centre:

Then we headed back to Hogsmeade to watch the Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts Castle projection show:

After the show we hung out on the bridge waiting for the crowd to clear a bit. They were trying to do crowd management in Hogsmeade though so they were hoarding the people who had just watched the show over to one side and had a large crowd of people gathered in the centre of the street waiting to get on to the bridge for the next show, it was a tiny bit crazy :eek::

It also actually seemed to make it more difficult to get out so we cut in to Honeydukes to get out of the crowds and take pictures of some wizard sweets:

After that we headed in to Seuss Landing again to get some photos printed. I had three free prints with the photo package I had booked. One was a poster but I asked if I could get a smaller picture instead of the poster and they swapped it no problem.

We stood watching the Christmas trees at the entrance of Seuss Landing changing colour for a few minutes:

After that we headed towards the exit, through one of the shops to pick up a few pins and stuff. They had Harry Potter Costumes displayed in the shop:

After that we headed out in to Citywalk. We stopped by one of the stalls where I got my hair done in half head of braids. I was surprised to find that in seven years the price hadn’t changed! Momma fell asleep while I was getting my hair done! After that we headed to get the bus back to our hotel:

Omg though the behaviour of people at the bus was absolutely shocking! A queue had formed at the bus stop before the bus arrived which was fine but as it got closer to the time for the bus to arrive people were coming up to the side of the queue and just standing off to the side instead of joining the end of the queue. Then when the bus arrived the bus driver was attempting to get everyone’s hotel name and eventually just gave up because a massive crowd surged forward and literally pushed and shoved their way on to the bus. It was dangerous and shocking. Everyone got on the bus so had people actually used common sense and not been so rude and obnoxious everyone would have got on the bus anyway! :eek::faint::rolleyes::sad2: The bus driver got on and said that he had no idea where anyone was going so he was going to do his usual route and that if anyone was left on the bus after it they could stay on it until 2am! Anyway we got back to our hotel and I intended to pack because we would be moving hotel the next day but after 17359 steps and being so sick that day, the second I saw the bed I fell asleep. I woke up again at 3am thinking I was going to puke but fell back asleep sitting up.:sick::sad:

You got some
Very good shots in the pictures !

And I like it the way you present it to the readers

I have to agree with your mom and the cornish pasties. They were really good, but soooo tiny. I'm not a big eater, but those were nowhere near big enough to count as a main course. :rolleyes:

Wow, that bus situation sounds ridiculous. People forget their senses when they're at the theme parks.

Sorry you were feeling terrible. Hopefully the following day was a bit easier and allowed for some more rest.

You got some
Very good shots in the pictures !

And I like it the way you present it to the readers

Thank you :)

I have to agree with your mom and the cornish pasties. They were really good, but soooo tiny. I'm not a big eater, but those were nowhere near big enough to count as a main course. :rolleyes:
I felt bad for her. She had got them the last time we were there 7 years back but I was sure they were bigger then and she did like them that time so I had suggested she get them again. She ate them because she was hungry but was really disappointed in them

Wow, that bus situation sounds ridiculous. People forget their senses when they're at the theme parks.
It was insane. They were pushing so hard you literally had no choice but to be pushed forward with the crowd because you couldn't move any other way. :scared1:

Sorry you were feeling terrible. Hopefully the following day was a bit easier and allowed for some more rest.
I was sick in California as well this time was worse though. California I got a cough and lost my voice. I think my body just shuts down the second I'm on holidays :sad2:

Day 8, part 1:

So I’d been up half the night very sick so again when I got up Momma wanted to know if I wanted to go find a Doctor and again I was like no time, got to pack! I packed everything up and it was already a tight squeeze with another 6 days to go but by 9.30 we were in a taxi and on our way to our new home for the rest of our trip. Soon enough we were seeing probably the best sign in the world:

We checked in to our new home at the Art of Animation, Angel was hoping for his own magic band but they weren’t in a playful mood that day apparently:confused3:sad2::

There was a room ready for us when we arrived as well a room in the furthest building away from reception, building 8 but hey I didn’t care, I was staying in a LITTLE MERMAID ROOM!!! Momma cared a lot about the fact that it was 1016 steps from reception to the room :faint: (according to my phone) but I just burst through the door going ooh look at the bed:

Ooh look at the sink and the Disney Shampoos:

Oooh look at the shower curtain and shower wall, best shower EVER like! :lovestruc

I even found a hidden Mickey on the shower wall:

Momma was a bit disappointed there was no fridge but I found the fridge in the press under the television, so I guess she just didn’t look hard enough! We unpacked a bit then headed back up towards the buses taking pictures along the way. Hey Triton :wave:

We had to pass through an Elephant graveyard to get back to reception:scared1:

Next we hopped on the bus to the Magical Kingdom and hot footed it to Fantasyland because we had lunch booked in Beast Castle :lovestruc:

We got some photopass pics taken then headed inside, we got seats in the Ballroom:

I got a carved Turkey Sandwich. It was nice, the meat wasn’t dry and there was loads of it for the price:

I also got the Master’s Cupcake because you can’t go to Beast castle and not try the grey stuff right?

My verdict was a meh! It was nice but I’ve had nicer. Momma for her meal got the Braised Pork:

And a lemon raspberry cream puff for dessert:

We had no complaints other than the portions were huge and it was all very filling but that’s a good complaint.:rotfl: Anyone once we were done eating I wandered about taking a few pictures:

After that we headed back towards the Castle Hub to get a spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. We got there at about 2pm but waited it out. When the crowds started to wait for the parade I moved to behind one of those little poles with the horses heads and had my backpack on the ground at my feet beside the pole. Momma sat on the ground beside me which was fine. A Cm came over that was clearing the street and was admiring my mouse ears. I had stained glass Beauty and the beast ones on that day that I’d had made on a facebook page and all was good until the parade was about to start then someone hit me from behind and shouted there are kids back here you need to sit, I was like where on the horses head? because beside me was a pushchair with someone’s grandchild sitting on the hood of the pushchair and all around me were people either sitting or standing waiting for the parade. I didn’t move. :confused3Next thing the same person that hit me pushes through the people and actually picks up my bag that was on my foot and plonks her child in between Momma and the pole.:eek: The child then proceeds to stand, up and sit down and then stand up and sit down and stand up each time wiping her feet in Momma’s white pants and kicking the two legs off her. The CM told the child on more than one occasion to keep her feet in off the street and eventually Momma had to tell the child if she was going to sit there to just sit and STOP kicking the legs off her all while the mother stood behind giving out about what a horrible world it was when people would arrive early enough to get a decent spot for the parade and block her from having a good view while she arrives at the last minute and some dufus woman STANDING beside her went omg you’re so right everyone should be made sit. I felt like going oh yeah so how come you’re standing huh?! :confused3Aside from that drama the parade did go by and it was quite awesome:

After that it was fast pass time. There was some weird glitch with our fast passes for this day though. When I booked them I had somehow managed to book 4 fast passes. Two were for the same thing but hours apart so I had one 3.10 fast pass for to meet Ariel and then another one for 6.20 and then two other fast passes in between. I had asked a Disney TA about it before I went and she said not to cancel either in case both disappeared when I tried to cancel one. So then when I went to use the 3.10 fast pass the CM said the only one showing up was 6.20, I tried to show her the glitch on the app but of course the wifi choose that minute to die completely:confused3 but she let me go in anyway and Ariel loved the buttons on my crocs, she said I was good at finding treasures. Weirdly but I guess maybe because Ariel and I were talking about the buttons on my crocs when I looked at the photo pass after the photographer has taken a picture of my feet :confused3:rotfl2::

After I hung out with Ariel for a while we did Momma’s favourite ride Peter Pan with a 20 minute wait then went to Mickey’s Philharmagic. When we came out of Mickey’s Philharmagic it had started to rain so we waited in a nearby shop for while admiring the merchandise:

When I looked out and saw how empty Fantasyland was though I figured we needed to just throw the ponchos on and make the best of the no crowds:

Last edited:
Okay all caught up! Wow what a trip so far! First, I am so sorry about the lady in the plane. Who does things like that?! Secondly, the audacity of the people waiting for the bus is insane!! And lastly, that lady with the kid at the parade. You are much nicer than me because that lady and I would have had words. I can't believe the people you have come across so far!! I am so, so sorry!! I sure do hope your feeling better soon. Or at least saw doctor. Keep it coming!

Okay all caught up! Wow what a trip so far! First, I am so sorry about the lady in the plane. Who does things like that?!
Yeah she creeped me out. I don't generally like people being in my personal space to the point where Momma finds it hilarious how at home I'll barely allow people to hug me but in Disney I'll willingly run in to the arms of a 5ft mouse no problem :rotfl2: I usually make sure I'm at the window seat on a plane for exactly this reason so I don't have to sit beside other people but she was just strange!

Secondly, the audacity of the people waiting for the bus is insane!!
The bus was crazy and dangerous! They definately need to work on the crowd control there! :scared1:

And lastly, that lady with the kid at the parade. You are much nicer than me because that lady and I would have had words.
The only reason I didn't say anything was because I was sick and extra grumpy so I knew if I started there would have been trouble so I just let on I couldn't hear her in the hopes that she might go away. :rotfl:

I can't believe the people you have come across so far!! I am so, so sorry!! I sure do hope your feeling better soon. Or at least saw doctor. Keep it coming!
I was saying it to Momma this evening with all the strange people we met it makes the trip sound somewhat negative but it really wasn't Despite me being sick we were enjoying the trip and the strange people were kind of 10 minute encounters here and there along the way and really going to Paris we're used to stuff like that, never had anyone physically move my stuff though those ones were new :confused3:rotfl:

You did good when those people became rude

Ignoring them helps a lot
You can never argue with an idiot!

I never understood how some peeps can be such a viper in the happiest place in the world

Very much enjoying all the pictures you are sharing with us

Hope you were able to perk up and not feel sick that saynin the park

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter