I do like it that RCCL still gives the paper planner.

I definitely prefer paper as we don't use our phones, either. I hope it is not electronic only when we travel.
So far we've seen both. Only difference is that back when we went on Allure, we could view the TV to see our schedule. On Symphony this past March, I may have missed it, but I didn't see anywhere on the TV where it had our bookings. I had a print out anyways of the shows I had booked, but to verify, I had to check the app (which I did from our stateroom since as above, I didn't carry phone around).
PS - Another advantage of the paper compass is you get a "souvenir" and can take the compass home.

I have to agree that, at least so far, the paper Cruise Compass is superior to the app. We were on Adventure a couple weeks ago and the app listings were not always correct, while the paper version was. For example, the app listed incorrect nighttime on-deck movie information, while the paper Cruise Compass was correct.

I expect that as time goes on the app will get better and the paper Cruise Compass will eventually go away. For those that don't have smartphones, the electronic version shows up on the stateroom TV and on the touchscreen maps by the stairways on each deck.

I am just plan confused about the app. I am on the Freedom of the Seas in two weeks and it doesn't look like the app works for that ship currently.

We like the print version. Before going to sleep we read it over and mark items of interest with a highlighter. I then carry it folded up in my pocket the next day. Theres alot of things we would have missed or overlooked if we hadn't done this (learned that several cruises ago).

I have to agree that, at least so far, the paper Cruise Compass is superior to the app. We were on Adventure a couple weeks ago and the app listings were not always correct, while the paper version was. For example, the app listed incorrect nighttime on-deck movie information, while the paper Cruise Compass was correct.

I expect that as time goes on the app will get better and the paper Cruise Compass will eventually go away. For those that don't have smartphones, the electronic version shows up on the stateroom TV and on the touchscreen maps by the stairways on each deck.
We had that problem on Allure last year. More than once we showed up at the wrong venue because the app was wrong. A few times my app and DH's app didn't match, which was really weird.

Do they distribute the Cruise Compass in the cabin automatically or do we have to ask for it? (Or do we have to pick it up at guest services?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter