I did it! Rented ECV for my friend for Feb...not going to tell her...

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
until we get there of course. She might be mad at first and make me drive it , but I think she'll end up being glad we have one. Some of you may remember, she has lupus and I know good and well the parks will exhaust her without a little help.
I don't want to make a big deal out of it by bringing it up again before the trip (did this once, she said ,"and just who's going to ride in that??? looking at me like "say it and die") - but I'm not taking this lady to Disney just to exhaust her and have her in the bed for two months afterwards... am I wrong???

Sounds to me that you are a true friend. You really want her to have a good time without compromising her health. (I know you would feel guilty if that would happen) Glad you made the choice to give her the OK to use the EVC. Sometimes we all need that little push.

Hope your trip is great!

I am gonna cross my fingers for you! Here's a little early pixie dust to help everything go well. Have a great vacation!

I just spent 7 days at WDW and I have lupus. If i did not use the ECV I would be in bed right now for weeks trying to recooperate. It took me three years to finally accept the help of a chair. This is a hard thing for your friend to deal with.... I hope she can get past it and use the chair. PLEASE encourage her to use it. I am soooo glad I did!

JJ

JJ
I Believe!!!

I agree with everyone else that you are a good friend. She may not be happy about it at first, but if she tries it, she will find out just how much help it is. Sending some happy thought pixie dust your way.¨

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

I used an ECV for the first time last month & it helped tremendously. I couldn't believe how good I felt at the end of each day. Maybe you could print out these comments & attach them to the ECV. That way your friend would know she is not alone & that it is ok to use an ECV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter