I did it!! I put the deposit on the 10/30/04 SPH!!

jel0511

DIS Veteran
Yep, that's right, I did it!!! I put down the deposit this morning with Dreams, and we're going to be sailing on the 10/30/04 Magic. My DD is THRILLED to be able to trick or treat at sea. Now, to get past not having a veranda..... I'm sure it will be a GREAT cruise!! Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and I'll get a great upgrade price at the port for a veranda!!!!!

Isn't it exciting? My DH is making fun of me for planning next year's vacation before we've even taken this one - I'll have to tell him that you have me beat!:p

Congratulations!!! I'm sure you'll have a magical time no matter what stateroom category you are in!!!

Disney Debbie,
My DH has stopped saying anything about my excessive planning :p . He just let's me babble on and on about the things I want to put on the itenary. Right now we have a trip planning for September, 2003, which includes 3 nights on the Wonder and 4 nights at WDW. In March 2003, I am planning a trip to WDW and Vero beach for spring break, and we already have a 4 night cruise booked for September 2004 AND December 2004.

So far I haven't started on 2005 (but that is mostly because DCL hasn't come out with their schedule yet, we are actually hoping for a 7 night on the Magic in September in 2005 *IF* it isn't in dry dock on our twin DDs birhtday)----so I guess I lied-----I have started planning for 2005-----Oh No! This is frightening! I think I need a 12 step program! :(

DJ

We're booked for that sailing too. My kids are soooo excited about trick or treating and experiencing Halloween on the ship. :)

In the past DIS'ers on the Halloween sailing got together and planned their own trick or treating, by going to each other's cabins. It would be fun if we could plan something like this for our cruise too.

Only 527 days to go. LOL!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Disney Debbie - trust me DH isn't too please with all this planning, but the savings with the SPH won him over. This is my fun, planning the vacations!!!

BethC - I DEFINATELY would love planning trick or treating for Halloween!! My DD and DS would have a BLAST!! I can't wait, but you're right, SO much more time to go!!!

Welcome to the Halloween Cruise on the Magic 2004.

It will be our 4th Halloween Cruise on the Magic.

Sure!!!!! We can plan a door to door trick or treat. Have you started thinking about what your going to be????

I paid off this years Halloween cruise just today now I can start paying on next years LOL I think I work just to go on Disney cruises.

From what we have learned in the past about upgrading at the port is that it is cheaper if you have booked a Cat. 9 or better. We had booked a Cat 10 "SPR" on our last cruise. For us to upgrade to a Cat 4 would have cost us an additional, if I remember correctly $1400. But if we had booked a Cat 9 it would have been a little over $300, big difference. I booked Cat 9 for this years and next. We'll be going for that upgrade this year.
Also to get those upgrades it's best to get to the terminal early.
I've made our ressies at the Radisson, for 2 nights before the cruise, already for this year. Most likely we'll be staying there next year too. I do plan very far in advance.

"Ginger" - Since you seem to be our Halloween Cruise expert, what special events does DCL do for Halloween? Is there anything special in the kids programing? Is there a special Halloween Party? I actually already have a costume, that I'll probably bring so I'm done.

Yes, parties, dances, contest for kids and adults with prizes. Trick or Treating on the ship, they have stations set up giving out candy and treats to the kids of all ages, but be ready for crowds and long lines.
In the past the DIS Board folks have had their own TorT'ing going from our staterooms to staterooms then followed up with lunch at Lumiere's for those who want to go. Oh! we have done our on a sea day.

I can collect this years Halloween Navigators and send them to you so you can get some idea of what goes on. Send me your home address sometime in late Oct.. Sorry, I don't have a scanner to email them to you.

Thanks "Ginger", hopefully I'll remember!!!! I hope you have a GREAT cruise in October of this year!!!!

My family of 4 also booked for this sailing. DD11, DS8 at time of sail. How old is your DD? Maybe if they are the same age they could get to know each other through email before we "sail away". Whole family very exicted, wish 2004 will arrive quickly.
See my post under h5ty for info. Hope to hear from ya!!!!

T or T'ing from stateroom to stateroom sounds like something the kids would have a blast doing. Maybe if there are enough posts to this issue we all could work out the details before our sailing date.
TTFN ( think TIGGER):wave:

Aren't we all just the planners.:D It really pays to book Disney Cruise well in advance.

We're getting pretty excited about our upcoming cruise. We'll also be going to WDW in January to celebrate our DD's 7th birthday.

Ginger,
Will you be posting a trip report from your Oct cruise this year? Curious as to the quality of food, service, kids activities. Also what are the ages of your children, mine are DD 11, DS 8 at time of sailing next year. If they are similar in age maybe then can start an email journey together. It would be great to have our own Trick of Treat party for the kids. Any suggestions on when we should start planning the event? Enjoy your Oct cruise and I hope to hear from you!!
Also, anyone else out there for the 10/30/04 Halloween Cruise feel free to jump right in on this thread. The more people and ideas, the more fun for us!!!!
Gerald

I'll write a full report about the cruise. My DD will be 7 1/2 at the time of next years cruise.

I know there are more planners out there, we are sailing this year with some who are already booked for next year too.

We're booked for that cruise too! We were just on the May 10th Western cruise and booked our next cruise while on board. I think it will be so fun to celebrate Halloween onboard. This will be our 3rd DCL cruise. What are the names and ages of everyone's kids?

Brent
Bonnie
DD Heather (9, turning 11 on cruise)
DD Caitlin (6, 7 1/2 at time of cruise)
DD Ainslee (2, 3 1/2 at time of cruise)

H5ty and Ginger, looks like we have DD's the same age. :)

Ginger, Bonnie, All future cruisers,

I have started a thread entitled "October 30,2004 Cruise Early Check In ". Maybe we can use this thread for future planning events (T or Ting, DIS meet at Sail Away Party, etc.) Let me know what you think.

Gerald :smooth:

I have changed the thread title to
Halloween Cruise "2004" Who's Sailing?

Hi all, Sorry if I don't respond to the board alot, I'm use to live on here. We've got a big home improvement project going on now. Things are crazy here and the house, well lets say stuff is flying everywhere. The roof is going up and the walls are coming down. I'll look for the new thread Gerald, Thanks.

Ginger,
Don't worry things can only get worse LOL. All the noise, mess, and frustration will be worth it!!!!! I am a survivor of two home remodels. This first one I was sure I would have a mental breakdown before it was all over. The second, did not seem AS bad as the first (adult beverages seemed to help ALOT). Well you seem to be our experienced Halloween Cruiser, so maybe between the two of us we can get this PARTY worked out.

Gerald

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter