I can't believe there are people who don't like the remodeled OKW rooms...

Just back from a stay in a 1BR. My biggest complaint is the low water pressure in the bathroom sinks and shower as well as the temperature of the water. Not hot enough to suit me. Also, they removed the nice accents over the kitchen bar area near the slider. Also, why did they move the chair in the master bedroom adjacent to the bathroom?

They still look like Grandma's retirement home in Howey in the Hills, but they are now updated and clean so I'm okay with it. OKW is all about the extra room anyway.

The OKW Studios are horrible though. Not their fault just bad floor space.

Just back from a stay in a 1BR. My biggest complaint is the low water pressure in the bathroom sinks and shower as well as the temperature of the water. Not hot enough to suit me. Also, they removed the nice accents over the kitchen bar area near the slider. Also, why did they move the chair in the master bedroom adjacent to the bathroom?
It was nice when the chair was close to the window and you could sit there and read if you liked. Now it is on the other side of the bed.

They still look like Grandma's retirement home in Howey in the Hills, but they are now updated and clean so I'm okay with it. OKW is all about the extra room anyway.

The OKW Studios are horrible though. Not their fault just bad floor space.
Bad floor space? Like not enough but there is a lot more in the OKW studio than any other studio (Polynesian studio is taken up with stuff). Don't touch my OKW studio. And I think you mean Grandma's retirement home in Key West. Which is the theme.

I'm not disputing that there isn't space at OKW for the murphy bed. I totally get it. Though for my particular family with ages of our children, OKW doesn't really work well for us.

I'm not disputing that there isn't space at OKW for the murphy bed. I totally get it. Though for my particular family with ages of our children, OKW doesn't really work well for us.
Which is fine for you. You have multiple others to choose from. OKW is the only studio that works for my family with two real queen beds.

Like Deb and Bill, I like the 2 queen beds. I booked a studio for a June trip to save some points, I was going solo. Bur I was looking at changing to a different resort at 7 months, just to try something new. My best friend's Dad asked when I was going to FLorida, and I said I was going in December with his son's in laws, but was planning a solo trip. He said, I'll go with you in June, and I said fine...so I'm keeping the OKW studio as we are both "of a certain age." I'm 61 and he's 10 years older, and prefer our own real beds. Many people call OKW the old folks home...well, I'm getting there, and that is fine with me...I hope, if I ever do need an "old folks home" it is as nice as OKW. :rolleyes1

Last edited:
We enjoyed our stay in a refurbished 1BR last month although the decor was a bit bland. I would rather they remove the sleeper chair, move the dining table in its spot, and add a larger murphy bed in the dinette area that has enough storage for a month or more. Not sure how that would work or if they considered it. Maybe it's too close to the door.

We enjoyed our stay in a refurbished 1BR last month although the decor was a bit bland. I would rather they remove the sleeper chair, move the dining table in its spot, and add a larger murphy bed in the dinette area that has enough storage for a month or more. Not sure how that would work or if they considered it. Maybe it's too close to the door.

I would say way to close to the connecting door to the studio, especially if utilized as a two bedroom lock-off. Remember, there are NO dedicated studios or one bedrooms at OKW. They are all lock-off units.

I use the heck out of that storage area. Don't touch it. And the twin sleeper chair is a fairly comfortable spot to sit. A Murphy bed in that cabinet area would be too close to the kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter