I Can! I Can Stink at 9am! A January TR - 3/8 New TR Link!

And headed to our first line of the day

You're at EMH and the first place you go is Starbucks???? I mean, I'm an addict too, but I'd be heading somewhere like 7DMT.

I know I’ve said this before but DH is majorly obsessed with his phone and his games. It’s gotten worse since our trip because he found a new-ish game in the Spring called Clash of Clans which requires ‘lots of attention’ :rolleyes: I have nothing on my phone so what else was I going to do but pass the time taking pics of him on his phone. Come on people what else am I going to do!

This is when I would be lurking and catching up on the DIS!

Yay a picture together finally! Although DH looks like he’s trying to be incognito with his glasses and hoodie and I’m looking off into ‘Space’ ::yes::

Where is his phone?

And let’s see who cam out on top of this game

Boy you kicked his butt!

A romantic boat ride all to ourselves was had back to the GF

Because everyone is going to the parks!

When we opened the door, the smell of bacon slapped us in the face. I saw this the other day and now seems like the most appropriate time than ever to post it

::yes:: Awesome, leave mom behind to make breakfast more often! Unless that was Calvin. :confused3

But for whatever reason, she could not get a handle on the car (constantly jerking and bumping around the track) and her Mexican side came out. I’ll upload the video later with lots of happy music over her ‘noise’ :rotfl2:

I'd rather hear the unedited version!

I don’t think I’ll ever get used to looking out Main Street station and seeing a lake instead of an Esplanade

I didn't think I'd ever get used to seeing an Esplanade and no tickets booths and parking lot!

Um, did they change the menu up completely?!? Now it’s all Mexican?? ETA: Just looked it up and they did in early October! :sad: I’m very sad.

And I never even got to eat there as a burger joint. :sad2:

The only picture I got. And can I say how tremendous his lady was (cause I’m sure she deals with this hourly!) but she was very calm, telling us how to hold his head, etc all the while whistling a happy tune. Geez I wish I had that patience!

I had no idea kids hated getting their haircut that bad.

I took video and thinking because I was the front car, it wouldn’t be so fast as the back I could get spot on video, but it was still jerky. But I think I did okay!

You did fine, but he doesn't look like he's having all that swell a time. :laughing:

You can’t not make a stop at Big Top Souvenirs while over in this area for a treat so we did just that

Those look yummy!

Turned out, the other guy was from Modesto, about 2 ½ hours North from where we live.

That's so random!

DH was being exceptionally silly (a little buzzed perhaps? ::yes::) and kept stabbing his pineapple with a knife. You can see the white marks on the side of the pineapple:lmao:

He looks buzzed too!

Each one tasted so different and each one so yummy and fresh

I would have been with you on the first two, but I don't do salmon.

Our Magical Express pickup time was for 10:15am so we had some time to sleep in, finish off the rest of our breakfast items and pack.

That's time to sleep in?????

We finished off the rest of the bacon and someone was grateful to have that extra bacon. When we ask him what he wants for breakfast it’s always bacon

Well of course. Because bacon.

Shortly after, we were on board the bus and someone was actually happy about this!

He's not old enough to know any better. :laughing:

I apologize for so much time in between updates but life just worked us majorly during the production of this TR. But I was determined to wrap it up before our trip in a few days :faint:

Yeah, we know. Life happens. Well when you have one outside of Disney. Which I guess is why I can have three TRs going, evidently I don't have a life outside Disney. You are almost there as I type this...either that or you leave tomorrow. Either way, have a great time!

Nice updates! Great way to wrap up your TR before your trip. Kudos.

So nice you got to have some date time at AK and Kona! Your DM probably enjoyed having some down time with Calvin, too!
Sounds like Calvin wasn't too sure whether he liked the roller coaster or not.
Wow! The sushi at Kona looks really good and reasonably priced, too. Note to self - order sushi - get bread!!!!
Hope you are enjoying your trip RIGHT NOW!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

And today I was playing a little game to entertain myself as it seemed I was ‘by myself’. I know I’ve said this before but DH is majorly obsessed with his phone and his games. It’s gotten worse since our trip because he found a new-ish game in the Spring called Clash of Clans which requires ‘lots of attention’ :rolleyes: I have nothing on my phone so what else was I going to do but pass the time taking pics of him on his phone. Come on people what else am I going to do!
Yep, I can relate to this (to some extent). He's not as heavily into games on his phone (sometimes, though), but he is often checking out twitter and who knows what. I just asked if he's played Clash of Clans and he said he decided not to because of how much time and attention he'd need to devote to it, so I'm glad to hear that. Hope your DH is able to pry himself away from the glowing screen on your current trip!

MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_7150899518.jpeg
What happened? Did they confiscate his phone? :rotfl:

I love this picture!

And you know what can be done in 5 minutes?!

:rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

And because the day wouldn’t be complete without two traumatizations in a row, it was time for his first Roller Coaster, The Barnstormer!
:lmao:

Cute picture! I'm glad he liked it (at least one time). Hope he enjoys it again this time too!

And this was the only opportunity to take a picture of DH wearing a shirt with a logo that my DIS friend @TheMaxRebo made for him. It was way too cold to go without a sweater over it but here’s proof that he was wearing it under his sweater! Thanks again Phil for designing the logo for him!

Love it! :lovestruc

Our waitress came over and served us this delightful bread. The bread I could eat by itself but the butter just put it over the top! So delicious!

Yum, yum, yum! Wish I had some of this right now. So awesome she gave you a free refill for breakfast (not totally surprised, though, as we've been known to get a second while we're there... :rolleyes1)

We finished off the rest of the bacon and someone was grateful to have that extra bacon. When we ask him what he wants for breakfast it’s always bacon
Ha, I discovered recently that Izzy has now decided she is a huge bacon fan too. I guess she's been eating it at daycare and was excited when we served some at home the other day.

While at Kona Café, I had asked the waitress if I could purchase another loaf of bread and butter to take for breakfast and she gave it all to us free of charge! So we had it with our breakfast. BEST DECISION EVER!
:thumbsup2

Like this happening right when he was supposed to nap at 1:30!:hyper:

:cheer2:

I apologize for so much time in between updates but life just worked us majorly during the production of this TR. But I was determined to wrap it up before our trip in a few days :faint:
Glad you wrapped it up! And no need to apologize - I don't even have a good excuse like you and I am few and far between on my updates. :goodvibes Last I checked, there is no time limit on TRs (I sure hope, at least! :rotfl:)

I’d love to do another one just because it will be so different from any other Disney trip I’ve done, like going to WDW 5 months pregnant! And then staying at Old Key West and the Poly for the first time will be fun.
I would really love to hear all about it! Love following your reports! :goodvibes

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and cheers to a safe and Happy New Year!
Same to you! And have a blast at WDW!

I took a 7 week old to wdw and he's now over 6 months old and I'm on the first day of our two week trip... So no judgement here!

I'm all caught up - no judgement here on any delays in responding or posting. Life is crazy around the holidays. Life with a toddler and pregnant? Exhausting!

It sounds like a really nice morning at MK. Just you, DH...and his phone. :rotfl:

I'm equally dismayed at the change over for the Pecos Bill menu! I loved the toppings bar. I've heard good reviews of the new menu!

I think I would kind of like to see the unedited version of DM's spin on the Speedway!

Poor DS - a haircut and his first roller coaster ride in one day? But obviously, in a toddler's world, the haircut in much more traumatic? :confused3

Dinner at Kona sounds delicious. I have breakfast at Kona on my list for a solo trip in October. Now I'm thinking dinner...or both? :scratchin

I'm glad travel home went smoothly. Toddler naps on the plane are a special kind of gift!

I really enjoyed reading your TR - looking forward to the next one!

Catching. Holy Mega update! Looks like a great last day except for traumatizing your child...LOL. His poor curls were gone! I can't believe this trip is over but I can't wait to read about the next one!

Jill in CO

Great end to the trip!

I hope you have fun on your trip! I'd love to hear your experience going to Disney pregnant! I went when I was 6 months pregnant with our 2nd son. Our oldest turned 4 on that trip. It was a lot of fun, but unlike any other trip!

Hi friends! Got back around 1am on Friday morning, beyond exhausted but finally caught up with sleep today. It was QUITE a trip, so i'm probably going to do a TR, but for now, I wanted to post our Gender Reveal. We both wanted to be surprised and have Mickey (rather the handler) open the envelope and disclose the Gender to both DH and I, but the Ultrasound Tech had no idea what she was doing and instead wrote the gender on the outside of the envelope and handed it to me :headache: :mad: So I knew what it was the whole time but wanted to make it special still for DH since he was probably more upset than me.

I posted this a little while ago to my Facebook and Instagram, but for those not 'friends' with me, here it is! I'll be back to comment!

"
"​

Last edited:
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the reveal and you all clearly know you make great boys ; ) So happy for your entire family

Last edited:
As always I loved your TR! I hope you decide to do another for your latest trip. A boy - how exciting! I have 2 boys so there's a special place in my heart :love:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a cute idea to have Mickey involved :) bummer that the tech was a bit ditzy about it though.

Glad you had a fabulous trip :)

Happy new year missy!! :hug:

It seems like WDW was on strike today or something?! Why is there NOBODY in any of these pictures?! :confused3

Daniel looks like a celebrity hiding his identity while you and the guy in the front look like his bodyguards scoping somebody out :rotfl:

But for whatever reason, she could not get a handle on the car (constantly jerking and bumping around the track) and her Mexican side came out.

:laughing: I want to see this.

And while waiting the family right in front of us had a very obnoxious, spoiled teenager and it was the awkward teenage stage where he was going through the changes so every third word he spoke was a squeak :rotfl:

Obnoxious spoiled teenagers are just the WORST.

He just couldn’t understand why he couldn’t push through the line to the front to board and how it wasn’t fair that he had to wait, etc. The mom felt so sorry for her teenage son, allowing him to jump off the rocks to pass the time and saying, “Oh Kevin, you’re so silly!”

Errrm have you never been to a theme park before? Or, like, co-existed with other humans in society before?! What an odd bod. And mom is annoying too.

Bless his little heart, he has no idea what's coming.

it took three people to hold him down and in the middle he started gagging.

I'M SORRY, you know that I think your kid is beyond precious, but THIS was a funny image....!

Owwww how can you stand seeing that face?!??! If he was my kid he'd probably end up like Kevin because I would completely mollycoddle him :laughing:

This is always so funny to me. Like, what do you think the photographers are thinking whilst taking his picture :rotfl:

You look very classy! :lovestruc

While at Kona Café, I had asked the waitress if I could purchase another loaf of bread and butter to take for breakfast and she gave it all to us free of charge! So we had it with our breakfast. BEST DECISION EVER!

Great tip!! We went to Kona in September and I loved the bread, but I didn't even consider asking for some to take home. I wouldn't even mind paying a bit for it, it's sooo good :goodvibes

OH LENNY. :sad2:

I’d love to do another one just because it will be so different from any other Disney trip I’ve done, like going to WDW 5 months pregnant! And then staying at Old Key West and the Poly for the first time will be fun.

Yes please!!!!

Hi friends! Got back around 1am on Friday morning, beyond exhausted but finally caught up with sleep today. It was QUITE a trip, so i'm probably going to do a TR, but for now, I wanted to post our Gender Reveal. We both wanted to be surprised and have Mickey (rather the handler) open the envelope and disclose the Gender to both DH and I, but the Ultrasound Tech had no idea what she was doing and instead wrote the gender on the outside of the envelope and handed it to me :headache: :mad: So I knew what it was the whole time but wanted to make it special still for DH since he was probably more upset than me.

I posted this a little while ago to my Facebook and Instagram, but for those not 'friends' with me, here it is! I'll be back to comment!

"
"​

Gahhh I already saw this on Facebook, but I'll tell you CONGRATULATIONS again :jumping1: this is the cutese idea!!! It's a shame the ultrasound tech messed up a bit... you'd think she'd be used to keeping it a secret... Since it's kind of her job. :laughing: but it's so sweet anyway. I hope you do write a TR, I'd like to hear how it all went down :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing this trip with us girl, it's been fun! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter