I can book dining reservations tomorrow - what do I need to know?

Cinderella94

I miss my tags!
We're going for 2 weeks in January and want to try everything at least once. If I remember correctly, Ama Ama is the restaurant where we want to eat dinner outside at sunset, right? Any other tips before I book?

Thank you!!

Absolutely right about Ama Ama sunset dinner. Although its not strictly "outside", but rather under a solid roof.

Not to worry, reservations at Aulani are not hard to come by. I was able to get a table for 6 at the time I wanted at Makahiki (on a character dinner night) about a month in advance. I had to modify the reservation and add a 7th person about two weeks later and again, it was no problem at all.

We once tried to get Ama Ama for dinner near sunset and couldn't get reservations. So we walked down to the restaurant, dropped off the kids at Aunties, and walked up. The place was 80% empty and they seated us right away. It was a Wednesday night in May. Good food - scallops were amazing. The The $25 kingcrab leg was good, but very small for the price we paid. And try those tri-color potatoes.

I realize the menu at AMA AMA changes, but is there a sample one anywhere with approximate costs for entrees? I’d just like to have some idea of what this place will cost for my family before we decide to go.

Thanks all!! One additional question - I’m looking to make a dinner reservation at Ama Ama on our first full day there. Sunset time is 6:04. What time do I want for our dinner reservation? 5:00?

Thanks all!! One additional question - I’m looking to make a dinner reservation at Ama Ama on our first full day there. Sunset time is 6:04. What time do I want for our dinner reservation? 5:00?
I'd probably go slightly later. Say 5:30? Typically there isn't a long wait to be seated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter