I can’t tell if Kevin or Julie don’t like Star Wars

Jafar30

DIS Veteran
I wish they weren’t shy about. Plus I thought the were a bit disrespectful to Carrie Fisher. But hey just my.02

There is not much Im shy about.

We talk about Star Wars A LOT and it's not my thing. Doesn't mean they are going to stop talking about it or that I'm going to stop poking fun. Its kinda my schtick and Id expect it to get worse as Star WarsVille gets closer to opening.

As for being disrespectful?????

What did we say about a deceased actress that could misconstrued as being disrespectful.

My .02 is that this is a bit silly.

And I'm not shy about admitting I'm in the "not a fan" of Star Wars either, and always enjoy the playful banter on ALL sides. 'Cause that's exactly what it is - playful banter amongst friends. I'd like to think I'd join in on the "not a fan" side if there! :) Different strokes - it's what makes the world so interesting!

There is not much Im shy about.

We talk about Star Wars A LOT and it's not my thing. Doesn't mean they are going to stop talking about it or that I'm going to stop poking fun. Its kinda my schtick and Id expect it to get worse as Star WarsVille gets closer to opening.

As for being disrespectful?????

What did we say about a deceased actress that could misconstrued as being disrespectful.

My .02 is that this is a bit silly.

Saying you didn't care how she would have been featured in the next episode came across as a bit disrespectful. Read what Mark Hamill wrote about her and how she is going to be featured. It was very heartfelt and you can tell she still means a lot to the people especially Hamill.

If you don't think it was disrespectful, then let's just agree to disagree.

Saying you didn't care how she would have been featured in the next episode came across as a bit disrespectful. Read what Mark Hamill wrote about her and how she is going to be featured. It was very heartfelt and you can tell she still means a lot to the people especially Hamill.

If you don't think it was disrespectful, then let's just agree to disagree.

But I don't think that was a specific jab at Carrie Fisher. I am not trying to speak for Kevin or Julie, but I got the impression that he wouldn't care about how much any actor was featured in Star Wars.

Read what Mark Hamill wrote about her and how she is going to be featured. It was very heartfelt and you can tell she still means a lot to the people especially Hamill.

Im sure she meant a great deal to Mark Hamill. They were friends for 40 years.

I don't know Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher and i don't care whether she's in the next movie or not.

She's gone and I think it's kinda cheesy to use old footage of her. I think THAT'S disrespectful.

Ive watched all of her movies, watched her HBO special several times and read all of her books. Ive even purchased a large movie poster from the auction of her things that was held a couple of years ago.

We can agree to disagree, but I still think its silliness that you think I was being disrespectful.

And now I feel silly for defending myself over this.

But I don't think that was a specific jab at Carrie Fisher. I am not trying to speak for Kevin or Julie, but I got the impression that he wouldn't care about how much any actor was featured in Star Wars.

Bingo!

I can go a step further.

I don't care if there is another Star Wars movie.

That being said...Im happy that they are making them for those that enjoy them......and i enjoy rolling my eyes when we talk about them on the podcast.

Both will continue on.

I am a huge Star Wars fan (though that is a tough thing to admit now-a-days with other fans bad behavior) and I honestly enjoy, I daresay look forward to, Kevin's reactions when it is being discussed. I appreciate Kevin's perspective as someone that loves Classic Disney and is resistant to the newer properties. I also did not find anything you said to be disrespectful, especially in regards to Carrie Fisher. Kevin has strong opinions but I have never seen him cross any kind of line that required an apology by him.

If anything, I was more put off by the comments and the visceral reaction by Julie regarding Guy Fieri. "The Mayor of Flavor-Town" is not a culinary genius by any stretch, and in the food world he is kind of the whipping boy by foodies and other chefs. I have never eaten in his restaurants and I can appreciate that Kevin';s opinion after he had a bad meal there and now has strong opinions about it That said, there is a niche for that kind of food in Disney Springs because there are many kinds of people that go to Disney, some of whom can't afford many of the finer sit-down options. So maybe we should not be so dismissive or judgmental about the addition of The Chicken Guy. For some people, having a restaurant that has items under $8 is very welcome. And before anyone makes fun of Guy, he is one of the "good ones" in the culinary world. I am hard pressed to find another celebrity chef that does more for people then he does. Here is one of many examples:

https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2...displaced-by-california-wildfires/?yptr=yahoo

That said, great show and I hope Kevin doesn't change anything he does in his banter with the other hosts. I continue to be one of your biggest fans!

Im sure she meant a great deal to Mark Hamill. They were friends for 40 years.

I don't know Mark Hamill or Carrie Fisher and i don't care whether she's in the next movie or not.

She's gone and I think it's kinda cheesy to use old footage of her. I think THAT'S disrespectful.

Ive watched all of her movies, watched her HBO special several times and read all of her books. Ive even purchased a large movie poster from the auction of her things that was held a couple of years ago.

We can agree to disagree, but I still think its silliness that you think I was being disrespectful.

And now I feel silly for defending myself over this.

Kevin, I have to say, I love you! You don't get always get a chance to chime in on the podcast, but when you do, it's magic!

I have been a huge Star Wars fan since I was a child, but have really lost interest - it's just too much! I will never stay at the Star Wars hotel, and don't care if I ever go back to Studios if its just going to be so overrun with SW. And I think using previous footage of Carrie in the next movie is cheesy - even though her family approved it.

...I will never stay at the Star Wars hotel, and don't care if I ever go back to Studios if its just going to be so overrun with SW...

I agree. I want sun and tropical foliage in FL, not to be enclosed! I am thinking of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge similar to Pandora, where I don't care too much about the material, but it looks like it could be really immersive and cool. Hopefully Studio's won't be totally overrun with SW, considering the subsequent opening of TSL!!

I never said they had to like Star Wars. Never said they had to apologize for the comments about Carrie Fisher. To me the comment came across as disrepectful, others didn't. That's fine.

What's ironic is that, in a roundabout way, Star Wars kind of pays the team's salaries! LOL! Joking of course, but Star Wars is such a huge franchise and Star Wars land/hotel will be such a big draw that I imagine the boards and Dreams will see a big up-tick from it.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan either, so I don't blame them for not being stoked about it. I can appreciate it, but doesn't mean I like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter