"I brushed my teeth, and I don't have cooties." An August DFTW and Disneymoon TR

3 ADRs and a VIP IllumiNations viewing AND a resort swap...it's no wonder you were wiped by the end of the night. That was a lot to pack in to one Disney day. Kudos to you for getting everything accomplished as well as hitting up the Joy and Sadness character meets.
Uhmm, my non-creative mind is spinning its wheels thinking of an inappropriate art project involving cloning and thermometers. :rotfl2:

Glad the dairy free version of the sundaes at Beaches and Cream are delicious. Those concoctions there are sooo yummy. :goodvibes

You wrote an update! No way!

Hah! It's been a while!

:laughing: Cute shot of you guys. :)

Thanks!!

But... it's in Disney, so that makes it better than normal standard breakfast fare.

100%. Also, it's breakfast, which typically makes it better than normal standard any-other-kind-of fare for me. Definitely a breakfast fan.

Really!
That's my dream resort... and I fully expect to never stay there.

I didn't think we'd ever stay there either. And I certainly don't take for granted that we did. But I preferred deluxe stays elsewhere that were (still expensive! but) relatively cheaper than the Poly. Like AKL and Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely go back there first.

I know, right? I remember walking in and thinking... "Where's the rest of it?"

It's one of the reasons I like it so much, too.

::yes::

Yum! Wasn't that good!?!?

It was!! Nom.

Love your dress. :)

Thanks!

I've never been there at all. Would you recommend?

Tough call. We really enjoyed it and we're actually planning to go back once in August. It definitely hasn't become a must-do every trip kinda thing, though. And I thought it was quite good, but probably not worth the price. So I'm not sure I'd recommend. Definitely not over other places we go back to more religiously.

I'm picky about my seafood coming from my tastebuds.

:laughing:

Well, he probably just woke up and didn't have as far to walk.

Truth! And he also had the option of alternating between flying and walking!

Hah! It's been a while!

Not a moment too soon!

I have no idea why. It's just fun to say.

100%. Also, it's breakfast, which typically makes it better than normal standard any-other-kind-of fare for me. Definitely a breakfast fan.

Hmmm... I'm more of a food fan.

Oh boy! Breakfast!
Yay! Lunch!
Yum! Supper!

plus... snacks... treats.... munchies...

I didn't think we'd ever stay there either. And I certainly don't take for granted that we did. But I preferred deluxe stays elsewhere that were (still expensive! but) relatively cheaper than the Poly. Like AKL and Wilderness Lodge. I would definitely go back there first.

I've never had AKL on my list. It is definitely a beautiful resort, but... so far away! I'd love to stay at WL though.

But just once... a monorail resort would be such a treat. :)

Tough call. We really enjoyed it and we're actually planning to go back once in August. It definitely hasn't become a must-do every trip kinda thing, though. And I thought it was quite good, but probably not worth the price. So I'm not sure I'd recommend. Definitely not over other places we go back to more religiously.

Hmm.... I think maybe one of these days I'm just going to have to go and try it for myself.

Truth! And he also had the option of alternating between flying and walking!

No blistered tootsies for him!

Glad to see you post, I hope you are doing ok :hug:

Phew good thing your breakfast was right in your hotel! Cute character photos!

You have me wondering what the heck your arts and craft project was all about! :rotfl:

2 Beach Club meals in one day! Glad you enjoyed both places!

Glad you enjoyed the VIP Illuminations viewing!

Cute pics with Joy & Sadness!

LOL at your selfie with your new Figment, you look like total opposites! :rotfl2:

We got back to Orange Lake, then realized that we needed another item I'd forgotten to buy for a *aherm*special project*aherm*. So we took another quick trip out to the Publix grocery store near the timeshare to get a thermometer. We returned to Orange Lake again...and I won't go into details about what happened there that afternoon, but I'll just say that it was kind of an arts and crafts project involving sculpture and cloning, and it's highly inappropriate to discuss on the boards here! :scratchin :laughing:
Ok, it took me a moment, but I *think* I caught onto what your project was (the "cloning" gave it away)! Definitely not Dis-appropriate if it was what I think it was!!!

hviCVI3.jpg

7sU8XQW.jpg

Love the Stitch dress and how you both were so themed for the meal! Reminds me of our Chunky family breakfast at Ohana too! Your picture with Lilo is too cute!

I don't seem to have food pictures, other than the Erin McKenna's treats they brought me for dessert due to my dietary restrictions. The meal was good though. The seafood paella was probably my favourite thing there. They also had crab legs, which N enjoyed very much, but I find them too much work! We're picky about our seafood, coming from the Canadian East Coast. If you don't believe me that we have some of the best seafood around up here, just ask @chunkymonkey how she enjoyed her lobster on her visit to our neighbouring province of PEI! #NOM! However, there was lots of variety here, and everything was cooked pretty well. They also had a good assortment of breads, and also desserts, but N had to enjoy those for both of us.

This is the TRUTH everyone!! PEI has the best seafood! Yum!
I have yet to go to Cape May for dinner but I think we will give it a try soon!

VIP viewing is totally the way to do Illuminations! We chatted with a few people in the viewing area before the show started. They were DVC and had done the tour of the World Showcase earlier that day and had been given VIP viewing because they did the tour. The show was really great, naturally, and it meant more after we'd incorporated so much of Illuminations into our wedding ceremony. As we were walking away at the end of the show, "Promise" played, and it was the first time I'd listened to our wedding song since we'd danced to it, which was very special.

Is this the view that is behind those stores as you enter the World Showcase or is this the same view as the Dessert Party?
Love how you get to hear your wedding song all the time at Epcot! :)

The little guy in the family started nagging his mother, and in this exasperated voice he said, "
We don't need to meet the same characters e

very time we go to Disney, riiiiiiggghhhtt?" :rotfl: I laughed, because I keep meeting the same characters again and again on subsequent trips, and I know I'm not the only one who does this.

Haha, I'm guilty too!!!

I’m finally caught up and boy did I miss a lot! I’m responding on my phone so I won’t be quoting.

I really enjoyed your wedding updates. The pictures were amazing. You both look so happy. I have also enjoyed your honeymoon.

The February trip was great too. We just missed each other again. While you enjoyed the warmth I would have preferred it to be a little cooler. Where I live it’s hot for most of the year.

I was very sad to read you’re going through a tough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope things have gotten better.

3 ADRs and a VIP IllumiNations viewing AND a resort swap...it's no wonder you were wiped by the end of the night. That was a lot to pack in to one Disney day. Kudos to you for getting everything accomplished as well as hitting up the Joy and Sadness character meets.

It was definitely a busy day! I didn't even realize quite how busy until I went back to write about it.

Uhmm, my non-creative mind is spinning its wheels thinking of an inappropriate art project involving cloning and thermometers. :rotfl2:

tehehe

The thermometer is used to check the temperature of the water when mixing components to make a silicone mold.

Glad the dairy free version of the sundaes at Beaches and Cream are delicious. Those concoctions there are sooo yummy. :goodvibes

It's the best non-dairy frozen dessert I've had anywhere! High praise!

Hmmm... I'm more of a food fan.

Oh boy! Breakfast!
Yay! Lunch!
Yum! Supper!

plus... snacks... treats.... munchies...

I'm very much on board with this. Mmmm snacks...

Glad to see you post, I hope you are doing ok :hug:

Phew good thing your breakfast was right in your hotel! Cute character photos!

You have me wondering what the heck your arts and craft project was all about! :rotfl:

2 Beach Club meals in one day! Glad you enjoyed both places!

Glad you enjoyed the VIP Illuminations viewing!

Cute pics with Joy & Sadness!

LOL at your selfie with your new Figment, you look like total opposites! :rotfl2:

Thank you!! We're hanging in there. :-) Having two meals at Beach Club was pretty wild! But an excellent choice, nonetheless.

Ok, it took me a moment, but I *think* I caught onto what your project was (the "cloning" gave it away)! Definitely not Dis-appropriate if it was what I think it was!!!

It's definitely not Dis-appropriate. That was my only strange honeymoon type of event. It involved learning some new mold-making skills. I didn't even know such a thing existed, but I guess you can find pretty much anything on the internet...

Love the Stitch dress and how you both were so themed for the meal! Reminds me of our Chunky family breakfast at Ohana too! Your picture with Lilo is too cute!

Thanks!! I thought of your Chunky family breakfast there when I was posting this!

Is this the view that is behind those stores as you enter the World Showcase or is this the same view as the Dessert Party?
Love how you get to hear your wedding song all the time at Epcot! :)

I haven't done the dessert part, so I'm not sure exactly where they do that. I have, however, done the FP viewing, which I think is still what takes place between those two stores entering World Showcase. This was at a small roped-off area down on the lower level by the water at the Italy pavilion. It was a small area, but there were probably only half a dozen of us there. It was great viewing!

I’m finally caught up and boy did I miss a lot! I’m responding on my phone so I won’t be quoting.

I really enjoyed your wedding updates. The pictures were amazing. You both look so happy. I have also enjoyed your honeymoon.

The February trip was great too. We just missed each other again. While you enjoyed the warmth I would have preferred it to be a little cooler. Where I live it’s hot for most of the year.

I was very sad to read you’re going through a tough time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope things have gotten better.

Thanks for coming back and catching up! Lots has happened in the last few weeks/months! And thanks so much for the thoughts and prayers. We're holding up alright. I was sorry to have missed you folks by so little back in February! I hope you had a great trip!

Also finally caught up!

So I'll be heading out East this summer (Halifax to be precise). I'm excited for seafood!

I hope you have a wonderful trip! I recommend Salty's in Halifax, down by the waterfront. Downstairs for a more casual environment, or upstairs (which lets you make reservations) if you want something a little quieter or more upscale. There's a shack on the boardwalk area in the summer that makes decent lobster rolls. And people also tend to like Five Fishermen, and Murphy's around here. Enjoy Halifax! It's a wonderful spot in the summer. :flower:

I love your LILO dress and your Joy dress so cute, sounds like a fun and busy day.

Your ADR’s all looked really good. We really liked Beaches and Cream.

I have always loved Illuminations!

I love your LILO dress and your Joy dress so cute, sounds like a fun and busy day.

Your ADR’s all looked really good. We really liked Beaches and Cream.

I have always loved Illuminations!

Thanks! Now I just need to take the post-wedding weight back off again so I can wear them on more trips! I love all the cute Disney-themed clothes you can get these days.

I'm a big fan of Illuminations!! I don't think I've ever met a Disney night show I didn't like, though. Even Rivers of Light, while not the most thrilling, was pleasant and visually appealing. I'm even coming around to appreciate HEA more. But I think Fantasmic is definitely my favourite, except for the nightmare that is trying to get in and out of that theatre. *shudder*

You really nailed it on the dresses! :thumbsup2

Thanks! My Disney wardrobe is becoming dangerously large. :laughing:

Awww :cloud9:

So happy to see an update from you. Hoping things are getting better and better :hug:

Thanks, Tracy! :hug:

Thanks! Now I just need to take the post-wedding weight back off again so I can wear them on more trips! I love all the cute Disney-themed clothes you can get these days.

I'm a big fan of Illuminations!! I don't think I've ever met a Disney night show I didn't like, though. Even Rivers of Light, while not the most thrilling, was pleasant and visually appealing. I'm even coming around to appreciate HEA more. But I think Fantasmic is definitely my favourite, except for the nightmare that is trying to get in and out of that theatre. *shudder*

Thanks! My Disney wardrobe is becoming dangerously large. :laughing:
You look great, not sure what weight you are talking about, :flower1:. Illuminations was the very first fireworks show I saw in Disney and it was so magical and awesome! I remember being in awe over it. Remind you this was back in 1989, we just couldn’t believe how wonderful of a show it was. We were also mesmerized by the jumping water and dancing water fountain!

You look great, not sure what weight you are talking about, :flower1:. Illuminations was the very first fireworks show I saw in Disney and it was so magical and awesome! I remember being in awe over it. Remind you this was back in 1989, we just couldn’t believe how wonderful of a show it was. We were also mesmerized by the jumping water and dancing water fountain!

Thanks, Caroline! I'm still feeling pretty reasonably healthy, which is the most important thing to me. But nothing fits quite like it used to, and I'm feeling a little less fit and more sluggish. My friends are all complaining about gaining what they're calling the "Masters 10." I joke that I've done that, but I also had the "Post-wedding 10" to gain, too! :laughing: Now that it's finally starting to warm up once in a while, it's a lot easier to get outside and be more active, which makes a big difference!

I'm still mesmerized by the fountain in Epcot, so no judgement there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter