I asked about TOTW lounge benefits for 2020

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
This is the Reply

Welcome Home Barbara,

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®
We appreciate your interest in Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Located on the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower, Top of the World Lounge is a 77-seat full-service bar offering beverages and light appetizers. Next to the lounge is an observation deck offering unparalleled views of Magic Kingdom® Park. Regular operating hours for the lounge and deck are from 6:00 PM – midnight daily.

Initially, this Member perk was available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership. Now through December 29, 2020, Disney Vacation Club Members staying at the Walt Disney World® Resort can enjoy access to the Top of the World Lounge and observation deck. This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation.

Members travelling from other resorts must utilize Walt Disney World Resort transportation. Parking at Bay Lake Tower is only available to registered guests of Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the anticipated popularity, July 3, 2020 and July 4, 2020, December 30, 2020, and December 31, 2020 are excluded from this perk. In order to access the Top of the World Lounge on these dates, Members must be staying at Bay Lake Tower.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800.

Does this seem to imply there will not be exclusive parties on the 4th and 30st?

It does but I would assume any planned event could still be done and announced later on.

I think it May be too early for them to have the details yet.

I have stayed at BLT over 8 times since purchasing there. Now I do not go to WDW during peak times (xmas or spring break), but the times I have gone I never once had any issues using the TOTW--and every time is was a last second decision. In fact it has always been semi empty. I do not blame DVC for opening this up at all. Maybe others have had a different experience, let me know.

It really is discouraging for owners who want to go up. I do want to go up on the 3rd of July, and I am staying there. I think what they did last year, blocked people on the 4th with maybe a months notice was poor. I was hoping to get a straight answer for the sake of those who may expect to go up on either of those days by staying there.

I will write to Member Satisfaction, maybe we can get an answer to the question.

We generally rent a car when we go because sometimes the bus system gets so bogged down.I'm kinda bummed that we can't go to TOTW unless we have a dinner reservation at the contemporary ,or use the bus system.

We generally rent a car when we go because sometimes the bus system gets so bogged down.I'm kinda bummed that we can't go to TOTW unless we have a dinner reservation at the contemporary ,or use the bus system.

You could always use Uber or Lyft.

I have three other family members who are traveling with us but booked their own rooms at various WDW hotels. Does this mean they won’t be allowed to go up with us?

This is the Reply

Welcome Home Barbara,

We appreciate your interest in Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort. Located on the 16th floor of Bay Lake Tower, Top of the World Lounge is a 77-seat full-service bar offering beverages and light appetizers. Next to the lounge is an observation deck offering unparalleled views of Magic Kingdom® Park. Regular operating hours for the lounge and deck are from 6:00 PM – midnight daily.

Initially, this Member perk was available only to Members staying at Bay Lake Tower using their Membership. Now through December 29, 2020, Disney Vacation Club Members staying at the Walt Disney World® Resort can enjoy access to the Top of the World Lounge and observation deck. This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation.

Members travelling from other resorts must utilize Walt Disney World Resort transportation. Parking at Bay Lake Tower is only available to registered guests of Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort.

Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the anticipated popularity, July 3, 2020 and July 4, 2020, December 30, 2020, and December 31, 2020 are excluded from this perk. In order to access the Top of the World Lounge on these dates, Members must be staying at Bay Lake Tower.

Member Services is available Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM ET, and Saturday – Sunday, 9:00 AM – 7:00 PM ET, by phoning (800) 800-9800 or (407) 566-3800.

Does this seem to imply there will not be exclusive parties on the 4th and 30st?
I asked about NYE because we are staying at PVB that week. I was told there was a private party for NYE on 12/31 but details wouldn’t be available until October or later. There will also be a NYE party at the Reunion Station at the Wilderness lodge. Both will be a ticketed event.

I have three other family members who are traveling with us but booked their own rooms at various WDW hotels. Does this mean they won’t be allowed to go up with us?

The rule is that the guests need to be staying on the members reservation. I have never had a problem with my guests who were staying on my points..but in their own room...coming with me.

However, if your guests are staying on cash, then you may have a problem with Them coming with you, especially if you are trying for a busy holiday time,

Does anyone remember if those ticketed events were well attended and was there feedback from those that attended (was it worth the $$)? That was not right when they announced those parties only a few months before the events. Maybe this time around they will cordon off an area for members staying at BLT? I’m sure they got an earful from members that booked BLT for the purpose of using the lounge.

Does anyone remember if those ticketed events were well attended and was there feedback from those that attended (was it worth the $$)? That was not right when they announced those parties only a few months before the events. Maybe this time around they will cordon off an area for members staying at BLT? I’m sure they got an earful from members that booked BLT for the purpose of using the lounge.
So both events sold out almost immediately. I’ve heard from some that they really enjoyed the events. Supposedly for the 4th everyone could buy (no matter where staying). Then for nye they sold first to BLT guests if I recall correctly to handle that issue.

Anyone know how strict they are with parking? We rent a car and often resort hop for eating and shopping, and have never had a problem parking at the Contemporary, just telling the guard we are stopping by to shop and maybe grab a quick bite. Could we do that and then walk over to TOTW? (We usually travel during off-peak times.)

I apologize in advance, because I'm sure it's been answered on here before, but is TOTWL only available to blue card carrying members, or are the white carded step children allowed also?

I thought I heard that there were 2 fireworks showings on 12/31. BLT guests could go to the first showing but the second showing was the private party.

This is the Reply

Welcome Home Barbara,

Do you know if a reservation if possible? Or what would be the recommended time to get there? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter