i am so torn...drive from MA

All the suggestions above are terrific. We have never driven all the way to WDW
but have driven to Myrtle Beach, SC for the last 13 years, from our home in NJ. Our
sons are now 13 & 7 1/2, and I also advise the stop over on the way there - we do
seem to always drive straight thru on the way home. While our trip isn't as long -
it has taken anywhere from 10 1/2 to 14 hours -depending on traffic, I must agree
on the TV/VCR - and Headphones and CD players for all - this way the kids get to
listen to their music- one less thing to argue about!

Since I am in charge of "entertainment" - DH is the official driver - here are a few tips:

Have each child make up and pre-approve their own "bag of tricks" to keep them
busy on the way. - don't pack it too full that they can't find anything - see if
you can use a back pack with lots of pockets -- also zip lock backs are great!

Pre-open any items and throw out the wrappers at home - less trash in the car.

Comfy - easy slip on and off shoes -- they are going to want them off in the car -and
you are going to have to get them on quick for those mad dashes to the restrooms!

My "bag of tricks" contains small inexpensive "gifts" or rewards that are given out
during the ride - I wrap them (ususally quickly -with tissue paper or whatever) and
try to make them both the same or similar for each boy. I hand them out for good
behavior and usually use cities as a sign to look for to let them know when the next
prize will be given out. These can be lollipops - sugar free gum, small toy from the
dollar store, one year it was beanie babies - they love just about anything.

Don't forget the game boys !! If I think of anything else I'll pass it along!

Oh - and MadLibs are a hoot for all ! You can get them in teacher supply stores and I'm sure
Kmart or Walmart too! If you get a chance pick up a few books - the kids have a blast
and we let them get away with some "bathroom" language while filling in the blanks-
It's lots of fun.

Have a GREAT time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter