I am done. DONE. A pox on September!

So an update....we did go to Bermuda, Disney never once hinted at changing. The seas were very smooth except for moderate swaying the first and last night. Bermuda weather ended up being lovely. So glad all was well. But I still am never booking in September again. :)

So an update....we did go to Bermuda, Disney never once hinted at changing. The seas were very smooth except for moderate swaying the first and last night. Bermuda weather ended up being lovely. So glad all was well. But I still am never booking in September again. :)
So glad you had a great trip.

Yeah, that was some game of chicken Disney was playing. My husband has a new respect for Disney's powers...both being able to keep the hurricanes (mostly) away and in keeping the port open. My friends and I gained more from stress eating before the cruise than on the cruise. LOL

I felt like the seas were rough coming out of Bermuda. I never felt sick but the floor wasnt where I expected it to be when I would take some steps. That was also a tasting night for me but it looked like others were having trouble too so I dont think it was *all* the tasting.

Yeah, that was some game of chicken Disney was playing. My husband has a new respect for Disney's powers...both being able to keep the hurricanes (mostly) away and in keeping the port open. My friends and I gained more from stress eating before the cruise than on the cruise. LOL

I felt like the seas were rough coming out of Bermuda. I never felt sick but the floor wasnt where I expected it to be when I would take some steps. That was also a tasting night for me but it looked like others were having trouble too so I dont think it was *all* the tasting.
I agree. I thought there was NO WAY we would start off for Bermuda on the same day the tropical storm was supposed to be hitting Bermuda, because how could DCL know the extent of the damage in advance? I think we were saved by Jerry petering off into a 35-mph depression, so I guess they figured that kind of wind wouldn't do much damage. I didn't notice a whole lot of hurricane damage on the island; did you? I saw a couple of overturned boats and one power line down but that was about it.

I agree. I thought there was NO WAY we would start off for Bermuda on the same day the tropical storm was supposed to be hitting Bermuda, because how could DCL know the extent of the damage in advance? I think we were saved by Jerry petering off into a 35-mph depression, so I guess they figured that kind of wind wouldn't do much damage. I didn't notice a whole lot of hurricane damage on the island; did you? I saw a couple of overturned boats and one power line down but that was about it.

I saw at least 25 damaged boats, most were corralled into one area and they were all awaiting insurance agents, of those maybe half *looked* damaged. I wouldnt have known except we were told thats where damaged boats were awaiting the insurance adjuster. Then I saw a few here and there that were obviously damaged. We saw a couple of downed lines and ran into several lineman crews fixing things while we were on a private tour. I believe I only saw two tarped roofs, in any case very few. Our tour guide was born and raised on the island so we discussed lots of local concerns. One thing that was forefront on my mind was hurricane preparedness. Most homes are constructed from limestone mined from the island. Roofs are slate. Both are very heavy and fantastic at withstanding high winds. Since there is really no poverty on the island there arent shanty towns that are easily destroyed. We also discussed that the pop up tornados right before and after a hurricane can often do more damage than the actual hurricane, much like here. Id say about 30% of the vegetation was brown from being wind whipped. All of the beaches we saw were in great shape, no obvious erosion from either storm.

Not hurricane related but I found it fascinating how they obtain potable water. Our tour guide was excellent, if anyone wants contact information please PM me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter