I already have a golf cart question...

mickeymouse1017

<font color=red>I am such a Disney nerd I am such
Yes, we just got our golf cart on Monday and I am already bothering you all with questions. I am actually not completely sure where it came from but I believe that it has a universal key which concerns us. Does anyone know if I can have it keyed so that it takes only a specific key? I have not called any locksmiths yet because I don't want to seem as if I don't know anything, but I don't. We are not going to have a chance to do much to it before we leave. It is in great shape but looks like a typical golf cart. We are getting our Mickey and gang decals before we leave but that is about it. Thanks for your help. I am sure that I will be asking more later.

most makes do share key plots.....if you have a club car cart, chances are your key will fit any club car you test it on. Aint that a sonuvablip?

most makes do share key plots.....if you have a club car cart, chances are your key will fit any club car you test it on. Aint that a sonuvablip?

Yes... all Club Car keys are universal. When we had ours, my DH installed a hidden switch that disabled the ignition switch. Try as you might, if the ignition was diabled, you weren't going anywhere!

I have seen some of The Original Club anti theft devises on some GC at The Fort. May be cheaper then a locksmith? They have some for steering wheels and on the tire now.

Most GC's have a comon key per brand if you call your local dealer he can get you a unique key switch/lock. Also some are available aftermarket. I think BU and GCC has them

The one that we just got is an EZGO. We got lucky and the golf shop near our house just started selling replacement switches so that you can have a personalized key. Problem solved and it only costs about $22.

I will check into that with the place where we got ours.

I might also check it out online.

Thanks.

I will check into that with the place where we got ours.

I might also check it out online.

Thanks.
We learned the hard way on our last trip to the Ft Wilderness cabins. We went to the grocery store and left the cart in the lot and when we came out it was gone. We were flabbergasted! We went back in the store and the cast members says it happens more than you think. They took us back up front and we got another cart to replace the one that got taken.

Maybe a new game is to add a post to 10 year old posts and see how long it takes before that “Oh!” moment after you have furiously typed out an awesome response/helpful suggestion...:rotfl:

(Although it seems that many old posts are still able to be relevant)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter