I’ve read all the Rider Switch threads and.....

LaDonna

DIS Veteran
I get all the scenarios and what not BUT i have one misunderstanding i suppose, I read in one thread where someone was not able to get a rider swap for the ride they were heading into because they had a fast pass for said ride later in the day( I think in their scenario they were going through the fast pass line)........ so my question is I had planned on making my fast passes for more around 10-ish and rope dropping(no fp)the same rides that I have fast passes for. So although we’re not going through the fast pass line are they are still going to scan the person staying behind with the small child and say you can’t do this you have a fast pass for this later??

I don't know the answer to your question, but remember reading the scenario you are describing. @Brian4891 posted that happening to him on 7DMT, so hopefully he will see this tag and can offer more insight.

This is only speculation, but I'm guessing that why he had an issue was he was trying to double dip on FP/rider swap for the same ride. He was using a FP for 7DMT while trying to get his wife a rider swap. He had also scheduled his wife a FP for 7DMT as well, but for later in the day, with the hopes of then getting a rider swap for himself. Had this been allowed, they would have each been able to ride 7DMT twice with a single FP each. Your scenario is different in that you will be using standby with rider swap for each of you to ride, then later using FP with rider swap, with each of you only riding once using the FP/rider swap combo. I don't *think* you'll have a problem with the way you're planning this, but I have not yet tried it.

Based on my discussion about rider switch with the one CM when they were putting the passes on my band and I would say that having a definitive answer is impossible as it is "consistently inconsistent".

For 7DMT I had 2 FP's for my wife and son for a late time but we went to it at RD. I told them I had those FP's and they didn't bat an eye or care.

Additional info just to put out there, we have 3 kids that could ride most height-restricted attractions and I typically had FP's for all 3 of them plus me and my wife.
1) On some attractions they would make the 3 kids "group 2" and let me just use my FP so that they could ride again.
2) On another attraction the CM said that wasn't allowed and the system restricted them from adding anyone additional.
3) On the two attractions I can think of that we couldn't snag FP's for everyone they gave the kids extra FP's so that they could all be in group 1 and all be in group 2 (proving CM in scenario 2 incorrect).

Based on my discussion about rider switch with the one CM when they were putting the passes on my band and I would say that having a definitive answer is impossible as it is "consistently inconsistent".

For 7DMT I had 2 FP's for my wife and son for a late time but we went to it at RD. I told them I had those FP's and they didn't bat an eye or care.

Additional info just to put out there, we have 3 kids that could ride most height-restricted attractions and I typically had FP's for all 3 of them plus me and my wife.
1) On some attractions they would make the 3 kids "group 2" and let me just use my FP so that they could ride again.
2) On another attraction the CM said that wasn't allowed and the system restricted them from adding anyone additional.
3) On the two attractions I can think of that we couldn't snag FP's for everyone they gave the kids extra FP's so that they could all be in group 1 and all be in group 2 (proving CM in scenario 2 incorrect).
Thanks so much for reply.....i think im going to stick to my original plan of rd and fp for later :) my fp day is Tuesday:)

I get all the scenarios and what not BUT i have one misunderstanding i suppose, I read in one thread where someone was not able to get a rider swap for the ride they were heading into because they had a fast pass for said ride later in the day( I think in their scenario they were going through the fast pass line)........ so my question is I had planned on making my fast passes for more around 10-ish and rope dropping(no fp)the same rides that I have fast passes for. So although we’re not going through the fast pass line are they are still going to scan the person staying behind with the small child and say you can’t do this you have a fast pass for this later??
I agree with pp, CM's are SO inconsistent. It will really depend on who you get. Not pertaining to your specific question, but along with the fast passes, we had inconsistent scenarios with rider swap and fast passes for the past 6 trips. Example, on FOP, they made both DH and I scan for Fast pass before rider swap( meaning we both had to have a fast pass for that ride.) I stayed with DD1 first while DH went on FOP with DS10. Then we switched and I road with DS10. However the next day at MK for Mine train, they scanned DH and DS....I didn't have a fast pass for this and was using a fast pass to take DD on Pooh....but they let us rider swap mine train without me having a fast pass for it....so I got to ride with DS too. It is so odd that it can be so inconsistent, and a bit frustrating as then people don't really have a definite planning strategy. I hope you all have an amazing trip!

So I was testing out the AMEX referral link as I am considering referring P2. I have an AMEX Ascend/Surpass. I am getting two different offers depending on whether I paste the link into Internet Explorer or Chrome. I am copying the exact same link into the two different browsers.

Internet Explorer: 140,000 HHonors Points, but no Free Weekend Night, after $3,000 spend in 3 months. Free Weekend night after $15,000 spend
Chrome: 130,000 HHonors Points, AND Free Weekend Night, after $4,000 spend in 4 months. Also Free Weekend night after $15,000 spend

Not sure what that's all about, but thought I would share!

So I was testing out the AMEX referral link as I am considering referring P2. I have an AMEX Ascend/Surpass. I am getting two different offers depending on whether I paste the link into Internet Explorer or Chrome. I am copying the exact same link into the two different browsers.

Internet Explorer: 140,000 HHonors Points, but no Free Weekend Night, after $3,000 spend in 3 months. Free Weekend night after $15,000 spend
Chrome: 130,000 HHonors Points, AND Free Weekend Night, after $4,000 spend in 4 months. Also Free Weekend night after $15,000 spend

Not sure what that's all about, but thought I would share!

Sorry!!!! I posted this in the wrong forum!!

I don't know the answer to your question, but remember reading the scenario you are describing. @Brian4891 posted that happening to him on 7DMT, so hopefully he will see this tag and can offer more insight.

This is only speculation, but I'm guessing that why he had an issue was he was trying to double dip on FP/rider swap for the same ride. He was using a FP for 7DMT while trying to get his wife a rider swap. He had also scheduled his wife a FP for 7DMT as well, but for later in the day, with the hopes of then getting a rider swap for himself. Had this been allowed, they would have each been able to ride 7DMT twice with a single FP each. Your scenario is different in that you will be using standby with rider swap for each of you to ride, then later using FP with rider swap, with each of you only riding once using the FP/rider swap combo. I don't *think* you'll have a problem with the way you're planning this, but I have not yet tried it.

How you described it is exactly correct. I was trying to get my wife a RS for 7DMT in the morning even though she had a FP for it later that day. As soon as they saw this they would not allow it. Instead they moved her FP for later on that day up to that exact moment so that she could ride in that next hour.

The person you are responding to is in a slightly different scenario in that Group 1 is rope dropping the ride instead of using a FP. However, Group 2 is still getting a RS for a ride that they have a FP for later. I'm not sure if this will be allowed or not.

I think the bottom line is, as others have said, all the CM's pretty much handle it however they want. But I do think most will work with you to help you do what you're trying to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!