I’m so glad my FastPass+ window opened when free dining opened!

Ugh! Bad luck for sure. I'm sure everyone else is having the same issues. Hopefully it dies down this afternoon.

I don't get why they have FP windows, ADR windows, and things like free dining all go live at the same time. I understand why they moved the FP window to open at 7 am - so if people have problems they can get help. But now if the system goes down they have multiple groups of people affected. And with more people hitting their system at the same time, they're more likely to go down then. They should space things out.

OP, sorry for your troubles this morning. Looks like everyone is having them.

I had 1 left to make when it all crashed. Was unable to get SD or Aliens on June 30. Did get TSM. DH was able to secure the last one a few minutes later. And yes, they all saved!

I don't get why they have FP windows, ADR windows, and things like free dining all go live at the same time. I understand why they moved the FP window to open at 7 am - so if people have problems they can get help. But now if the system goes down they have multiple groups of people affected. And with more people hitting their system at the same time, they're more likely to go down then. They should space things out.

My 180 was this morning and I didn’t have any trouble booking my ADRs...

How? 180 day ADRs happen daily. Someone’s FP+ window opens daily.
They could have spaced FD and Resort discounts but Many folks compare both prior to making a choice. This helps them.
As usual, Disney can not please everyone. Some people just have to complain

...said no one ever!

Has anyone had any success booking FP+ this morning?

Yes, today was my FP day. I got my hard-to-gets (at 6:00 CT), then when I was filing in the other days/attractions, I started having problems. I had to give up, but I'm sure everyone else is having the same problem. Over the years I've read of MDE having major problems when FD is released, but this is the first time I've ever been personally affected. Oh well -- although I'd probably be more upset had it happened before I secured my two FoP FPs.

Ahhhhhh I hope you all get your FPs I think after the initial frenzy dies down you can score em.

OMG ! hahaha ... I read the title and thought ... hmmm am I missing something? Bc I had a hard time getting FP this am! LOL ... Yeah .... it sucked. I grabbed what I could and have been trying to get back in there to modify for better times ever since.

They could have spaced FD and Resort discounts but Many folks compare both prior to making a choice. This helps them.

I think what she meant was not to have it all open at the same time of day. Maybe wait until 9:00 or 10:00 am for new discounts to be active to allow those doing dining and FP+ to get through.

I think what she meant was not to have it all open at the same time of day. Maybe wait until 9:00 or 10:00 am for new discounts to be active to allow those doing dining and FP+ to get through.

From what I understand, FD dropped at 5 AM Eastern, followed by the usual ADRs at 6 and FP at 7.

From what I understand, FD dropped at 5 AM Eastern, followed by the usual ADRs at 6 and FP at 7.

That is true, but by 6:30 or so, the website was already down with the influx of people trying to get FD. By holding the new discounts until later in the morning, at least those up early to get ADRs and FPs could do so before the site goes down with FD enthusiasts.

That is true, but by 6:30 or so, the website was already down with the influx of people trying to get FD. By holding the new discounts until later in the morning, at least those up early to get ADRs and FPs could do so before the site goes down with FD enthusiasts.

I think I mentioned upthread, but I had no issues getting my ADRs. I think the people who were in the most trouble were those trying to get FPs.

They could have FPs open at 7 am, ADRs open at noon and free dining drop at 5 as an example. Then not everyone is hitting the system at the same time. Also if the system does go down first thing in the morning it is only affecting the FP people and Disney IT had several hours to fix it before people making ADRs are trying to access the system.

I don't think that suggesting there are better ways to do things is the same as complaining. But different people have different opinions on process improvement.

I was finally able to get in this morning, missed out on some key ones but life goes on! Hope everyone else was able to also!

They could have FPs open at 7 am, ADRs open at noon and free dining drop at 5 as an example. Then not everyone is hitting the system at the same time. Also if the system does go down first thing in the morning it is only affecting the FP people and Disney IT had several hours to fix it before people making ADRs are trying to access the system.

I don't think that suggesting there are better ways to do things is the same as complaining. But different people have different opinions on process improvement.
As KrazeeK stated they did all open at different times. But perhaps they could have spread them out more. But some wouldn't have liked waiting for free dining at 5, close to the dinner hour for Moms trying to feed families.
As I stated earlier, Disney can never please everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter