I’m Proposing Next Week at WDW…Please HELP with over looked elements.

Typemesomething

Earning My Ears
I’m Proposing Next Week at WDW…Please HELP with over looked elements.

I’ve been reading some of the genuinely heartwarming events (and in some cases humorous ones) that folks have posted regarding their proposal experiences.

Pretty soon I’ll be taking the plunge myself and although I’ve planed this for months, I was hoping that after describing some of my laid out plans that I could listen to some suggestions as well as take note of any fundamentals that I may have over looked.

Today is 9/7/01. By this time next week I would’ve already popped the question to my girlfriend of 9 years, yes…9 years.

I know, I know it’s about time but we wanted to wait till we were finished with school and our degrees. We also have other personal issues that needed to be addressed. You see we’re both are looked at as essential elements in our separate nuclear families; and although we don’t want to have to circle our wagons and burn our bridges, we feel that it’s about time that we have our own nucleus.

Quick history: Although I’m 31 and she’s 29, both our families have been neighborhood friends since before either of us was born. I can remember having a super crush on her when I was 11 years old. In retrospect I learned that those punches that she would lay on my arm were signs or her affection as well (I guess that saying about kids picking on those that they like is true).

We lost contact from late Junior High School through some of our College years. One day we met by chance and became great friends with lots of surprising mutual interests. We’ve been together since March of 92’

Cindy (her name) has been going to WDW since she was about 4 years old and has always been a huge fan of anything Disney.
She took me for my first time many years ago and we’ve gone back many times since. (we love the Christmas season).

We have reservations for this holiday season in December but I’ve surprised her with a trip next week to WDW masked as a Birthday gift.
She’s really psyched about it cause I’ve gotten reservations for Hoop Dee Doo, CRT, Crystal Palace, Cirque Du Soliel and other fun stuff.

Most people don’t know that Disney World has an engagement department that helps to set up really nice packages for you.
Here’s a little description mine.

The day that we check in at our Disney resort, the front desk will present us with an envelope containing what appears to be passes for a dessert event at the Rose Garden in MK that’s held daily at 4pm. This won’t be out of the ordinary because in our previous stays at a WDW resort we’ve gotten other envelopes with passes and surprise gifts. This way it won’t seem suspicious.

On the day that we go to MK (which is the next day, and the day after her birthday) we’ll have breakfast at CRT and enjoy a day at the park. At 3pm there will be a parade that will last for about 45 min.

At 4pm we’ll head on over the Rose Garden located at the front / right of the Castle. There will be Disney employees (cast members) there with the Rose Garden roped off for other park dwellers. The Cast Members will make it seem that we’re early and let us through. We’ll walk down towards the moat area that has a great view of the Castle. There will be a small bench with a bouquet of Red Roses, Chocolate truffles, apple cider and a whole bunch of other items (for example an engraved glass slipper with our names and the date) that’s when it’s up to me and the ring to do the rest.
I have a some words that I’ve been wanting to express to her and I can’t wait. I’m getting the chills just thinking about it.

There’s so much more that I can write and explain but I need to ask if there’s something that I’m over looking.

I would appreciate any and all responses and of course I’ll keep you guys posted on the results, pending that I don’t pass out.

Take care,
And God Bless
Anthony *aka* TypeMeSomething

:)

I don't think you're overlooking anything. I think you're doing a lot more for her than most guys would for their girlfriends. I hope I can come up with something as clever as you did when it comes to that great moment for me and my girlfriend. Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!

Mickey76:)

I just wanted to let you know that me and DH actually got to witness (from a distance) a proposal just like yours!!! Of course the answer was yes (that means it's a lucky spot right and you will have good luck!!! ;)

Just wanted to let you know it will go wonderful!!! Have a great vacation and congrats!!! :D

Congrats and good luck!

Please post again and tell us how it all went! I am so excited for you!

Your plan is so romantic, and I can't imagine a thing that has been overlooked!!!!

Krissalee :earsgirl:

Your Plan is so romantic.........Your girlfriend is very lucky to have such a sweet man. I wish you much luck......I get chills just thinking that one day I'll be the one being surprised with the big question.....:) Let us know how everything turned out!!!

What a wonderful proposal! Relax and enjoy the day!

Just one more thing... print out this thread and keep it. It's another wonderful reminder of how much effort you've put into making this day wonderful for her. About the only thing I'm more crazy about than WDW is firetrucks so that's where my DH proposed to me. I hope you'll be as happy as we've been. You sound really special and I bet she is too. Good luck and God bless.

Cheryl :bounce:

One other thing you could do is to have a person (or two) take candid pictures of the two of you in the garden when she says "yes". - Perhaps one of the other "tourists" or a sneaky cm.

Ok, this is the first I've heard of this. Where would I get in touch with these people??

Thanks!

16 days and counting!!!!:bounce:

I hope this info is still accurate. It comes from Deb Wills' website: http://www.wdwig.com/engage.htm Please check it out to read about all the WDW engagement packages available. By the way, the phone number for the WDW Engagement Office is (407)-824-5130 (hopefully that number still exists).

Apparently Anthony has forgotten us now that he's done the deed. I really wanted to know how his proposal turned out. :(

Cheryl

I feel terribly nosy but the romantic in me had me so very curious and misty eyed reading that post....

I'm just worried looking at the date of his post, would have meant that they were to be in WDW the week of the attacks...and that would have meant a big disruption in those beautifully orchestrated plans.... and to top it all off, he's from the Bronx! I can't help but feel extra-specially protective and hopefull for a fellow New Yorker!

All this time and I hadn't paid attention to where he was from. I just kept checking back to see how things turned out. Now I really want to know! My guess is that he never made it to WDW. Just guessing of course but I think he would've left out on or just after the 11th and even if (and that's a big IF) they didn't have friends or family involved, I'm sure he would have delayed asking the ??? under those circumstances. How sad. I was so hoping for a "happily ever after" for him.

Cheryl :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!