Hyperspace Mountain

Any word on how long Hyperspace Mountain is staying? I had thought I would wait to go to SWGE until ROTR was open, but now that Hyperspace Mountain is back, I’m considering going for a day in June but I would only do it if Hyperspace and SWGE were both open. Obviously it would have to be June 24th at the earliest since I don’t have a reservation for SWGE.

Also, how have the wait times for Hyperspace Single Rider been?

Last edited:
No word on how long it would be hyperspace. Just says for a limited time. I’m hoping it’s for a while as I’m one who thinks the overlays are much better than regular SM. I know some people have the opposite opinion.

As for the single rider line, it was hit or miss on Saturday, the first full day it was back up. I got on it once with only a 5 minute wait. Then came back 2 other times and the single rider line was closed. You just have to get lucky that it’s open.

The single rider line is at a bad spot due to the narrow walkway close to the loading zone. It’s at the same place disabled people use to access the ride. If there is someone with a wheel chair the hallway gets so narrow that there isn’t enough room for ppl to stand and for a wheelchair to get by. That section of the narrow hallway is only about 10 feet long though. If they simply told the single riders to keep that section clear it would allow room for wheelchairs to get by and the single rider line to be longer. I wonder if I told them my idea if they would listen?

Ok, before I found out about the June 23rd date, I emailed Disney and asked. They replied and said: “Thank you for your interest in Disneyland Resort in California. Hyperspace Mountain is currently open and it is expected to be open throughout the summer. We look forward to your visit.” Maybe I should still try to visit before the 23rd just to be sure (and stay until the 24th to go to SWGE)?

No word on how long it would be hyperspace. Just says for a limited time. I’m hoping it’s for a while as I’m one who thinks the overlays are much better than regular SM. I know some people have the opposite opinion.

As for the single rider line, it was hit or miss on Saturday, the first full day it was back up. I got on it once with only a 5 minute wait. Then came back 2 other times and the single rider line was closed. You just have to get lucky that it’s open.

The single rider line is at a bad spot due to the narrow walkway close to the loading zone. It’s at the same place disabled people use to access the ride. If there is someone with a wheel chair the hallway gets so narrow that there isn’t enough room for ppl to stand and for a wheelchair to get by. That section of the narrow hallway is only about 10 feet long though. If they simply told the single riders to keep that section clear it would allow room for wheelchairs to get by and the single rider line to be longer. I wonder if I told them my idea if they would listen?
They had a cm on Saturday trying to get people to stay against the wall and keep that little narrow part at the end of the hallway clear but not everyone was listening. Back when single rider first started they used to have a cast member at that spot where the bridge to the regular queue is and they would hold the overflow of the single rider line there and then send people down in groups of 5-10 as space became available but they stopped doing that.

Yay I’m so excited it will still be there when we’re there in June!!

Would you say it’s less intense than MK SM? I noticed it’s 44” at MK but 40” at DL which is interesting.

My son isn’t really into roller coasters but loves Star Tours so I’m hoping I can get him on it with the Hyperspace Overlay.
He’s about 42”.

Yay I’m so excited it will still be there when we’re there in June!!

Would you say it’s less intense than MK SM? I noticed it’s 44” at MK but 40” at DL which is interesting.

My son isn’t really into roller coasters but loves Star Tours so I’m hoping I can get him on it with the Hyperspace Overlay.
He’s about 42”.
Space in California is less intense. There is only one drop in DL, while in MK there are a few drops. The one in California is more smooth as well.

Ok, before I found out about the June 23rd date, I emailed Disney and asked. They replied and said: “Thank you for your interest in Disneyland Resort in California. Hyperspace Mountain is currently open and it is expected to be open throughout the summer. We look forward to your visit.” Maybe I should still try to visit before the 23rd just to be sure (and stay until the 24th to go to SWGE)?
I really hope that is open all summer, I went on it a couple of years ago and loved it and my husband really wants to experience it when we go this summer

Between the two parks, Space is a totally different ride.

Space at MK is like Matterhorn at Disneyland.

Space at Disneyland is like...I can’t think of what it’s like at WDW. Somewhere between mine train and expedition Everest with an emphasis on the smoothness of mine train.

The intensity at MK is because of the roughness of the track. The height difference is because of the seating.

The seating at Disneyland’s is side by side with proper individual lap bars. So different.

And unlike at MK I don’t automatically want to go find a chiropractor after riding. :)

They had a cm on Saturday trying to get people to stay against the wall and keep that little narrow part at the end of the hallway clear but not everyone was listening. Back when single rider first started they used to have a cast member at that spot where the bridge to the regular queue is and they would hold the overflow of the single rider line there and then send people down in groups of 5-10 as space became available but they stopped doing that.

I rode on Saturday with my Mom in a wheelchair and it was very hard to get back up the hall after the ride because of all of the people. The cast member was trying to get the people to move or stand close to the wall and most were totally clueless what they were being asked to do. And this was fairly early (I would guess before 10 AM). I wish they would move the overflow back to that spot about halfway up the hallway at that bridge.

I rode on Saturday with my Mom in a wheelchair and it was very hard to get back up the hall after the ride because of all of the people. The cast member was trying to get the people to move or stand close to the wall and most were totally clueless what they were being asked to do. And this was fairly early (I would guess before 10 AM). I wish they would move the overflow back to that spot about halfway up the hallway at that bridge.

It was better that way but in required using an extra CM to control that line. Why not just put something on the floor where the hallway is narrowest that says KEEP CLEAR?. Like they do on paved roads for cars. That would solve all problems.

I'm just going to take the opportunity to say that this is my favorite overlay. By the time we hopped to DL from DCA on Saturday, the FPs were gone. We had better luck on Sunday and got to ride it twice. I'm pretty sure I could have rode it at least once more, but I wanted to hustle back to my room to watch GoT.

I don't like the Hyperspace Mountain, so I'd prefer it just be the original (well, the 2005 version - which I LOVE). The Star Wars stuff adds nothing to it IMO, and I do like Star Wars but not here.

The Disneyland CM told you it would be open through the summer. The poster who said the 23rd just got that information from a rumor. FWIW MiceAge also said it would be open all summer in a recent article after they attended a staff training session for SWGE.

We just rode HSM 5 times in the last 4 days. It’s an overlay that works but I understand those who want the pure experience as well. With SGE opening soon I assumed it would stay up much less ne’er this time.

The Disneyland CM told you it would be open through the summer. The poster who said the 23rd just got that information from a rumor. FWIW MiceAge also said it would be open all summer in a recent article after they attended a staff training session for SWGE.

Excuse me will I run around in circles and scream with joy. I hope it’s up when we come in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter