HydroGuy Tips Compilation

Here's a dole whip for you for all the great tips. Our group is going this OCT 2008

dl195.jpg

Thanks sooo much! This sticky is invaluable! Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us newbies!

I wanted to Thank Hydroguy for all of his tips.... even though we went on a saturday, and even though we only had one day, and even though we did not have early entry, we had a GREAT time last saturday.:banana: :banana:

We arrived at 7am and got in line.... it was hard to watch all the people go thru the maigcal morning lines, but we were the first people thru at 8am. We went straight to Space mountain, collected our fastapsses, and started the process of collecting all of them throughout the park. We used all of the fastpasses after 7pm that we collected thru the day and had a magical evening. We spent the morning at Disneyland, the afternoon at DCA, and then back over to Disneyland by 7pm until closing at 12midnight.

We even rode the subs during the fireworks, and only had to wait 35mins.

Thanks again for all the advice....:yay: :yay: :yay:

Your tips on stacking fastpasses was invaluable! It made us able to get in so many more rides, without the hassle of lines.

Thanks!

Let my very first post on this board be...

WOW awesome info! Thanks soooooooooooo much!

Looks like I have a LOT of reading to do!!! Thank for putting all this info that a DL novice would want to know about. I have never been and planning a small group trip in 2009 with some of my singles friends (and others). I am familar with WDW really well, and a friend said I should see the original awhile back. (thanks for the link MM)

Hi everyone,

Just a note that this thread is a sticky as an informational, helpful thread. If you would like to add to the tips or add new/changed info here please feel free. If you would like to post a particular question, please start a new thread.

Posts that are off topic from this thread will be deleted.

Questions/concerns regarding the content can be pm'd to the OP of the thread, any of us mods, or to the admin team.

Mary Jo

How about adding a list of rides with Single Rider lines?

Here's the link: www.wdwinfo.com/disneyland/fastpass.htm#single

The above link shows the list of rides with Single Rider lines...

but the list should also include Indiana Jones Adventure and Toy Story Midway Mania.

Single Rider Option

Although FASTPASS is a great way to beat the long lines, Disneyland also offers ‘single rider’ lines. If you’re willing to split up your party, you will be seated in any open seats on the ride.

The below attractions currently offer the ‘Single Rider’ option. If you can’t locate the single rider line, see the Cast Member at the entrance and they will direct you. This is great if you have teenagers who tend to ride the same rider over and over again.

Disneyland Park

- Splash Mountain
- Indiana Jones Adventure

Disney's California Adventure Park

- California Screamin
- Grizzly River Run
- Maliboomer
- Mulholland Madness
- Soarin’ Over California
- Toy Story Midway Mania!

ETA: The above information is from the DL and DCA park maps, dated November 21, 2008.

Hope that helps. :goodvibes

I'm going to DLR for only one day in late December (when it will be crazy crowded). I'm spending the night before in Carlsbad and the night of at the Candy Cane Inn (since its Christmas week). Do you think the Candy Cane Inn will let me park in their parking lot that morning since check in time is not until the afternoon? Since I read your hidden time loss rule, that is more of a big deal to me than the money I would save on not parking in the parking lot.

I'm going to DLR for only one day in late December (when it will be crazy crowded). I'm spending the night before in Carlsbad and the night of at the Candy Cane Inn (since its Christmas week). Do you think the Candy Cane Inn will let me park in their parking lot that morning since check in time is not until the afternoon? Since I read your hidden time loss rule, that is more of a big deal to me than the money I would save on not parking in the parking lot.
I would call them. I have never stayed at CCI but my experience with BWPPI there on Harbor is they let you if they have space - and they always have when we were there. :)

How about adding a list of rides with Single Rider lines?
Toy Story Midway Mania sometimes has a single-rider queue.

You're right, thanks! :goodvibes

Here's the current list of rides with Single Rider ("subject to availability"):

Single Rider Option

Although FASTPASS is a great way to beat the long lines, Disneyland also offers ‘single rider’ lines. If you’re willing to split up your party, you will be seated in any open seats on the ride.

The below attractions currently offer the ‘Single Rider’ option. If you can’t locate the single rider line, see the Cast Member at the entrance and they will direct you. This is great if you have teenagers who tend to ride the same rider over and over again.

Disneyland Park

- Splash Mountain
- Indiana Jones Adventure

Disney's California Adventure Park

- California Screamin
- Grizzly River Run
- Maliboomer
- Mulholland Madness
- Soarin’ Over California
- Toy Story Midway Mania!

The above information is from the DL and DCA park maps, dated November 21, 2008. :earsboy:

thanks for the info - useful thread...

this seems useful information...thanks for sharing...:banana: :scared1: :hug: :headache: :teacher: :dance3:

Thanks for this post, Hydroguy! We're adding a Disneyland visit to our WDW trip this year, and I'm really excited! We just bought DVC, and are quite happy to be able to use our points at the DLR, which means extra morning hours too (hoping they are offered in October...).

It will be my first trip to DL ever, and the hubby's first in quite a few years.

We are only going to be there 2 (weekday) evenings/2 days in late September/early October. Judging from past calendars, the parks should be open from 10am-8pm (6pm for DCA), with an extra MM hour on October 1st (Thursday). No fireworks or Fantasmic, though. :(

So, a couple of questions -

1) are my understandings generally correct? Or are there no MM hours on weekdays during off-season?

2) Will we need to worry about Fastpasses during the off season? There are a lot of tips and tricks, and not sure if I truly need to learn all the info (only so much space in my head ;) ) or if the crowds will generally be small enough to just wing it?
:cool1:

Thanks for this post, Hydroguy! We're adding a Disneyland visit to our WDW trip this year, and I'm really excited! We just bought DVC, and are quite happy to be able to use our points at the DLR, which means extra morning hours too (hoping they are offered in October...).

It will be my first trip to DL ever, and the hubby's first in quite a few years.

We are only going to be there 2 (weekday) evenings/2 days in late September/early October. Judging from past calendars, the parks should be open from 10am-8pm (6pm for DCA), with an extra MM hour on October 1st (Thursday). No fireworks or Fantasmic, though. :(

So, a couple of questions -

1) are my understandings generally correct? Or are there no MM hours on weekdays during off-season?

2) Will we need to worry about Fastpasses during the off season? There are a lot of tips and tricks, and not sure if I truly need to learn all the info (only so much space in my head ;) ) or if the crowds will generally be small enough to just wing it?
:cool1:

1) There are MMs throughout the whole year no matter if it is off season or peak season. I assume that you will be staying onsite because if you aren't, you won't be able to take advantage of MM with only a 2 day ticket.

2) You may want to use a few FPs, especially because you only will have 2 days and the park hours are kinda short. But most of the "minor" FP rides will have their FP machines turned off during the off season. I believe Space, Indy, and Splash always have FPs running as well as Soarin and California Screamin at DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!