Hybrid camper in pop up site

Bensmomma

Counting the days...
we have a 19 foot hybrid. Can we put this on a pop up site?
I realize there is no hook up, but the Fort is sold out for everything except the pop up/tent sites for our Jan/feb 2018 trip

I just ran 1/29 to 2/2 and got both tent and full hook ups. Weekends seem to be what is booked up. Maybe a marathon going on at that time ? It states the pad for a pop up is 10x25, so you should fit.

I realize there is no hook up, but the Fort is sold out for everything except the pop up/tent sites for our Jan/feb 2018 trip

I have seen hybrids in the tent sites before. IMO if you have a hybrid with canvas or a folding trailer (canvas popup or a hardsided A-frame), you should be good.

Bama Ed

Just FYI though - there are no sewage hookups, so will be relying on your holding tanks entirely, which on some RV's are not very large! Also, depends on your length of stay.

Yes, we put our hybrid on a popup/tent site our first time at the Fort. Be warned, though, that there aren't any dump stations onsite to empty your tank. We didn't realize this and ended up paying to dump ours once we got home....which was only a 2 hour drive, but still a pain to figure out how to take care of it.

I've done the following with my popup leaving a Tent Site needing to drop a gray tank load:

Drive around looking for a Full/Preferred/Premium on the morning of your departure (2 minutes). You can always find ONE empy site that has a sewer hookup for about 10 minutes. I nod to my neighbors as I get descend from my TV and connect to the sewer hookup for a few minutes. Nod and wave goodbye when you mount your tow vehicle. Now that the deed is done, I pull out for home.

There. Easy shmeasy.

Oh so easy.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I've done the following with my popup leaving a Tent Site needing to drop a black tank load:

Drive around looking for a Full/Preferred/Premium on the morning of your departure (2 minutes). You can always find ONE empy site that has a sewer hookup for about 10 minutes. I nod to my neighbors as I get descend from my TV and connect to the sewer hookup for a few minutes. Nod and wave goodbye when you mount your tow vehicle. Now that the deed is done, I pull out for home.

There. Easy shmeasy.

Oh so easy.

Bama Ed

Well easy for you, as you don't even need the TV to search the loop for an open spot, with that lightweight hard tent.

I just booked for Nov-Dec 2018, I was only able to get a tent/popup site. I planned on bringing my 23 foot RV just for sleeping arrangements. I was told this would not be an issue since it would fit on the pad. I'm aware I would not have sewer hook up, which is fine with us. Has anyone ever had any issues in doing this? I keep trying to change to a Hook up site, IF one comes available, however this seems impossible. I just don't want to be "that guy" with an RV in a tent site

I have seen all varieties of tents/campers/rv's/trailers in 2000 loop, Jersey Family. If Disney lets you in on it and you know what you are getting (or not) in the way of hook ups, I wouldn't loose sleep over it. But keep trying.

Bama Ed

PS - I see you joined today. :welcome: to the DIS Camping Board. :disrocks:

Jersey Fam,

I replied over on the Resorts forum, but you have it on Ed's word... :D

Like I said, Disney is pretty accommodating on campers on sites. If it fits and you aren't being a problem, you should be good. Besides, other than Ed's A-frame, most popups and some tents are bigger than 23 ft when there are setup.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts